PDA

View Full Version : GAUGE QUESTIONS

Fibber
January 22nd, 2011, 18:51
Now that I am playing with redoing my gauge folder I have some questions.:icon_lol: I realize that some of the gauges may have been proprietory but where do I find the full FSD_ gauges. I had a lot of gauges on my misplaced thumb drive, and the Zip disks that I had a lot on are now worthless as that computers bytes have bit the dust. Thank you MS for that last Win98 update! But I am seeing gauges in this Gauge explorer that I never even knew existed! I have gone through EVERY aircrft zipfile that I have and can't find some of these gauges.
BTW; stupid question here. Do I need to open .CAB files to add to the gauge folder or can I just add the .cab and the file will seek it? Brain is getting old and those procedure anasthesias have a time lag!:jump::icon_lol::wavey:

simonu
January 23rd, 2011, 02:51
Fibber, no question is stupid, in this context CAB files probably contain FS8/9 gauges, They are coded in XML and do not work in CFS2. But It may be worth keeping them because they contain the gauge images that can be rebuilt into CFS2 gauges (long term development).

Fibber
January 23rd, 2011, 10:35
Thank ou for the answer to this pilgrims quest. :icon_lol: