PDA

View Full Version : The Epitome Of Speed

peter12213
January 21st, 2011, 19:14

I love this Jet but can anyone help with the VC, Ive tried to change the HUD and really Need Ed, or Falcon509 or sorry cannot remember! I need someone who knows about VC's to help with this HUD! Can I just say this is UKMIL's fault for not releasing sooner lol! :salute: :wavey:

And if it's not too much trouble will someone tell me what photoshop to buy and how to use it, I went to but it and theres like loads of them to but and I have no idea, i fly yes but i'm a paper shuffler for a living lol! Converting to Jpegs are wrecking my shots!

falcon409
January 21st, 2011, 20:17
Hmmm, I think I had the same problem with another jet. It's one of two things. . .(A) There is a texture in the texture folder that requires an alpha be applied to it to make it transparent. . .(B) It may require the use of MDLMat to locate the particular LOD/Material for that item and applying an alpha to make it transparent.

One is fairly easy (Fixing the texture), if that happens to be what this is. The other can be a B___ if you have a lot of various materials to sift through. There was a tutorial done by someone in SOH that explained the MDLMat program and how to work with the various materials. If someone knows where that can be found, please post a link to help Peter out.

Hope this puts you on the right track!!:salute:

peter12213
January 22nd, 2011, 04:39
It sure does thanks mate!

delta_lima
January 22nd, 2011, 08:29
I thought this was raised and addressed here ... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=32644&highlight=iris+tornado

Or is it something else?

dl

falcon409
January 22nd, 2011, 09:24
I thought this was raised and addressed here ... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=32644&highlight=iris+tornado
Or is it something else?
dl
A whole lot easier to fix than messing with material via MDLMat. Thanks DL!!:salute:

peter12213
January 22nd, 2011, 10:37
Indeed we did fix it however the shot you see above if with the default hornet HUD inplace of the old iris one which becomes distorted for some reason, probs should have mentioned that!