PDA

View Full Version : Like, Y'all got some spare change?

Cazzie
January 21st, 2011, 09:27
http://networkedblogs.com/difnn

wombat666
January 21st, 2011, 17:50
Not my style Caz.
Although, due to circumstances beyond our control we've been looking at :monkies:all the permutations of 'People Movers' including our much disliked SUV option...............4WD and 4 seats.
Can't buy anything too small as we have been more or less stuck with looking after my youngest brother, who is permanently incapacitated as the result of a stroke (or two or three..we are not sure) almost a year ago.
Ed is only five minutes walk away from us in a 'Care Facility', and Sofie checks him out each day to keep her expert eye on him, but we can't get his electric chair and all the additional stuff he needs when we take him out in her BMW or my ancient Astina 'Daily Driver' (sentimental value but I won't go into that and the other reasons for owning such an odd car).
He needs a fair amount of room to manoeuvre as well, so the 'shared' Disco tow vehicle isn't much good either.

I'm not even bothering with the Chevy Suburban types (Huge!!), along with most of the Japanese variations (Too many gimmicks!), so it comes down to BMW, Mercedes, Audi/VW and maybe (just maybe) Porsche.
I looked at some really nice mid sized Europeans (Peugeot/Volvo/VW/Audi/Renault/etc) wagons but they tend to be victims of style over function, rather a shame as I really liked the Pug!
Out of the upper level lot, the Audi is larger than we need, the Porsche is a stupid price, VW might be a contender with their Touareg, but I think we might go with a BMW TD, unless I can come up for a reason why an AMG Benz with all the bells and whistles (6.3 litres!!!!) is better.
And yes, I never ever thought I would buy any type of 'SUV' but we need to get Ed out and about as much as possible, he will never be able to leave Regis, and as the usual suspects have dropped off visiting him, the responsibility comes down on us.
So no Ferrari for us, but I'm not that keen on the new addition anyway.
:ernae:

Panther_99FS
January 21st, 2011, 18:26
Not my style either....at least, not my Ferrari style...

EasyEd
January 21st, 2011, 19:56
Hey All,

I actually quite like the body style but the grille headlight combo appearance really puts me off - way too cheesy - like a mazda or something from cars (movie - I can't believe Ferrari would stoop to something like this) in a way.

-Ed-

stansdds
January 22nd, 2011, 02:47
Looks quite pedestrian to me, what next, a Ferrari station wagon?

Ferry_vO
January 22nd, 2011, 03:33
I guess Ferrari has to evolve with it's customers, who are getting older and have kids. They've lost a big piece of the market to Porsche (Panamera) and Aston Martin (Rapide) already. Compared to the Panamera Turbo the FF is a massive 200 kilo's lighter (But has two doors less).

Not quite sure if the FF will go into production; but more photos have appeared of a second, grey, car. The video footage released shows the car during various tests which you wouldn't do with just a one-off prototype.

grunau_baby
January 22nd, 2011, 05:04
When I look for a "sexy" engine, sportcarattitude combined with enough comfort and space (so that would keep Lambos and Ferraris out off the equation) Iīd rather go for this one:
http://www.maserati.co.uk/maserati/uk/en/index/models/Quattroporte-Sport-GT-S.html

It might be a bit slower, yeah, but honestly who gives a ....? When you drive a car like that you donīt race, itīs just sufficient to know you could...:kilroy:

Alex