PDA

View Full Version : Is it "static", or is it "Razbam"!

Navy Chief
January 21st, 2011, 07:53
Thanks go to fellow SOH member, Dave Torkington, for helping me figure out how to use the AI Static Object Creator program! Finally, I am able to populate the flight line with Corsair IIs! I chose Ito's Corsair II to make the model from.

It's easy to pick out which one's are static, and the beautiful RAZBAM model, obviously! But I am thrilled to learn how to do this! VA-97 was based out of Lemoore, but hey, they're just visiting Cecil in this screenshot!

Dave, thank you so much for your patience in showing me how to do this! Now the flight line looks a lot more realistic! Now to add more textures, and create more static SLUFS!

OH YEAH!

Go NAVAIR!

NC

res non verba
January 21st, 2011, 08:55
hi,

how do you do it? i want to learn too!!! :jump:

:ernae:

Roadburner440
January 21st, 2011, 09:26
There is a tutorial on how to do it, but you need FSX Deluxe edition because you need the SDK. In there you have a mission configuator. You also need a free program from Abacus. Is pretty simple to do. When I get home if the information hasn't been posted I will do so..

Also NC, where did you get that KVQQ from? Or did you place the hangars yourself.. Was going to say my Cecil Field looks nothing like that, and that is the base I operate out of all the time.

Dave Torkington
January 21st, 2011, 10:03
Dave, thank you so much for your patience in showing me how to do this! Now the flight line looks a lot more realistic! Now to add more textures, and create more static SLUFS!

OH YEAH!

Go NAVAIR!

NC

Patience? So you couldn't tell I'd been on the brandy most of the day.... :wiggle:
It was a pleasure sir :salute: very glad to help out a fellow simmer. Speak again soon.

Dave

Navy Chief
January 21st, 2011, 10:13
Patience? So you couldn't tell I'd been on the brandy most of the day.... :wiggle:
It was a pleasure sir :salute: very glad to help out a fellow simmer. Speak again soon.

Dave

Ok, I am able to create the static model easy enough now. But am doing something wrong, when it comes to creating one with a different repaint. The original keeps showing up. Am sure there is an easy fix, but haven't found the solution yet. For now, all I can do is use the same squadron.... Pete

Dave Torkington
January 21st, 2011, 10:27
Am sure there is an easy fix, but haven't found the solution yet. For now, all I can do is use the same squadron.... Pete

Yes Pete, it'll just be a tweak here and there that's needed. I take it the SAMM found your new A-7D model from the aircraft.cfg with the modified texture details?

Could you send over the whole A-7D aircraft with the added textures so I can take a look?

Regards, Dave. :salute:

Dave Torkington
January 21st, 2011, 10:49
Hi again Pete,

Just one step that we didn't go through today that might solve the problem... Are you choosing the new aircraft title [see attached pic.] you created from the pull down list under' Select Aircraft Title'? Once you do, SAMM will create a new set of specific textures and model that you can place.

Hang in there sir :salute:

Navy Chief
January 21st, 2011, 11:00
Hi again Pete,

Just one step that we didn't go through today that might solve the problem... Are you choosing the new aircraft title [see attached pic.] you created from the pull down list under' Select Aircraft Title'? Once you do, SAMM will create a new set of specific textures and model that you can place.

Hang in there sir :salute:

Did that, but it still defaulted to the original model paint scheme. I did notice that under "Other Options" you can select "Create Texture Folder for Each Model". Am wondering if that would be what is selected?

I will send you the other textures.... Pete

Navy Chief
January 21st, 2011, 11:02
Yes Pete, it'll just be a tweak here and there that's needed. I take it the SAMM found your new A-7D model from the aircraft.cfg with the modified texture details?

Could you send over the whole A-7D aircraft with the added textures so I can take a look?

Regards, Dave. :salute:

Another problem with relation to this, is the cfg entries for the Ito Corsair do NOT match the original at all..... At least with the one I looked at, and installed, was way different in wording. I know from past experience that causes problems.

Dave Torkington
January 21st, 2011, 11:25
Ok Pete, I'll be on TS in 5 min's with a double brandy and SAMM at the ready - let's get you sorted :salute:

fox18delta
January 21st, 2011, 12:12
Thanks go to fellow SOH member, Dave Torkington, for helping me figure out how to use the AI Static Object Creator program! Finally, I am able to populate the flight line with Corsair IIs! I chose Ito's Corsair II to make the model from.

It's easy to pick out which one's are static, and the beautiful RAZBAM model, obviously! But I am thrilled to learn how to do this! VA-97 was based out of Lemoore, but hey, they're just visiting Cecil in this screenshot!

OH YEAH!

Go NAVAIR!

NC

Fly Navy!

Navy Chief
January 21st, 2011, 12:30
Ok, now THIS is starting to shape up, and look familiar!!!

Oh yeah!!!

Only drawback I can see, right off, is the modex will be the same for all the static aircraft. Oh well, I can live with that. But the Corrosion Control W/C is going to be busy!

NC

Navy Chief
January 21st, 2011, 12:33
Fly Navy!

Love that picture! So you were in VA-27 at that time? Off or Enl?

X_eidos2
January 21st, 2011, 14:02
If you turned on shadows for scenery objects, it would be harder to tell which A-7 is Razbam and which is static. :salute:

Navy Chief
January 21st, 2011, 15:28
If you turned on shadows for scenery objects, it would be harder to tell which A-7 is Razbam and which is static. :salute:

Like this?

NC

Navy Chief
January 21st, 2011, 16:15
I need to adjust the settings to a lower density, but the flight line and hangar are filling up!

A lot of Acceptance and Transfer Inspections!

NC

roger-wilco-66
January 21st, 2011, 16:31
SAMM is an excellent tool, I use it for the FSX Solomon 1943 update right now!

Cheers,
Mark

Roadburner440
January 21st, 2011, 17:19
Those ones in the hangar need to be broken down! Very nice looking job to say the least. Probably been awhile since the flight line there has looked that way.