PDA

View Full Version : Packers/Bears Rivalry

TomSteber
January 21st, 2011, 06:34
I was just thinking about how "good" it is to really have the Packers/Bears rivalry going again.
It was sooooo strong for so long. But then in the mid 90's it went away when the Bears were bad and the Pack was so good.
At that point the Packers main rival (most hated) seemed to be the Cowboys.
Of most recent it's been the Vikings and not just for obvious reasons.
But now, it's the Bears all the way. I will say this though, whether their good or bad, I can respect the Bears franchise. Just wish they would have done with their stadium what the Packers did with theirs.
I hope that the weather doesn't play to much into the outcome. I'd rather just see who is the better team straight up that day.
It will be devastating to who ever loses the game to be sure. Let's just hope it's one to remember.
Go Pack, Go!!!!... and THE BEARS STILL SUCK!

brad kaste
January 21st, 2011, 07:14
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Q: What do you call a 350 pound Packer fan?
A: An anorexic!

Q: What do you call a beautiful girl in Green Bay?
A: A tourist.

Q: What does a hunter without a gun in the middle of a forest and Green Bay have in common?
A: Neither of them can stop the Bears

Q: What is the difference between a Packer fan and a baby?
A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.

Q: Did you hear about the fire at the Packers’ library facilities?
A: Both books were burned, and one of them had not even been colored in yet.

Q: Why does Lambeau Field have the new hybrid turf?
A: To keep the fans from grazing during the game.

Cazzie
January 21st, 2011, 09:16
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Q: What do you call a 350 pound Packer fan?

Q: What do you call a beautiful girl in Green Bay?
A: A tourist.

Q: What does a hunter without a gun in the middle of a forest and Green Bay have in common?
A: Neither of them can stop the Bears

Q: What is the difference between a Packer fan and a baby?
A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.

Q: Did you hear about the fire at the Packers’ library facilities?
A: Both books were burned, and one of them had not even been colored in yet.

Q: Why does Lambeau Field have the new hybrid turf?
A: To keep the fans from grazing during the game.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

And I am a Cheesehead fan! But that is oh so too funny! :applause::icon_lol::icon_lol:

pilottj
January 21st, 2011, 09:27
Yeah that is a great rivalry. It is intersting that at in at least one conference there are no east coast/timezone teams for once. I think that area tends to get more sports coverage/attention than the midwest and west coast. I remember back in the 90s when the Niners were decent, they had a fun rivalry with the Packers. They sure kicked our ass a lot :salute: I think just about every NFC team has a rivalry with the 'hated' Cowboys at some point lol.

brad kaste
January 21st, 2011, 09:33
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
Our Papa, who art a Bear; hallowed be thy fame. Thy championship come; Thy play be run; At home as it is away. Give us this day our Sunday win, and forgive us our turnovers, though we shall pounce on those who turnover against us. And lead us not into fourth and long, but deliver us from Rodgers. In the name of Ditka, Butkus and the Holy Payton. As it was in 1985, so shall it be in 2011; reign without end. DA BEARS
GO BEARS!!!!

Emil Frand
January 21st, 2011, 10:19
Well I have to admit I didnt think the Pac would get this far at all, I said IF they stumbled into the playoffs theyd be dead the first round, The Eagles win was luck, Aikers missing two FGs was a blessing for them, Atlanta they had NO chance....what a game! They have a great chance to win this, Green Bay aside from the bars will be shut down sunday afternoon, its amazing to see, everything has been rescheduled or cancelled. Id love to see Driver and Jennings in the Superbowl.
Just hope if they do beat the Bears the Jets pull it off in Pittsburgh..........

Q: What do you call a 350 pound Packer fan?

Ok now thats frikkin funny.........

Trans_23
January 21st, 2011, 20:55
I don't like to admit it but when they aren't playing the Bears I generally pull for the Packers. Except for a few years in the late eighties under Forrest Gregg, they are a class organization.

I agree with Tom that they need to figure out something to improve that playing surface. The problem is that the Chicago Park District owns the stadium so the Bears are not the only ones to use the field during the year. The Rolling Stones have had a couple concerts there a few days before games in past years. Needless to say the field doesn't fare too well. The high school Prep Bowl is also held during the season. The playing surface has gotten a lot of bad press over the last few years so maybe they will do something about it. Imagine the outcry if the Bears lost due to a slip at a critical point in the game? Heads would roll.

brad kaste
January 22nd, 2011, 06:28
Two 900 pound grizzly bears at Brookfield Zoo demolish and eat a giant cheesehead. Also that gets gobbled on is a large football with the G.B. Packer logo on it.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/01/two-brookfield-zoo-bears-eat-a-cheesehead.html

Trans_23
January 22nd, 2011, 07:44
My God, can the video take any longer to load. Still waiting as I type. :isadizzy:

brad kaste
January 22nd, 2011, 08:11
My God, can the video take any longer to load. Still waiting as I type. :isadizzy:

Maybe the bears went into hibernation........

Panther_99FS
January 22nd, 2011, 08:18
Just wish they would have done with their stadium what the Packers did with theirs.

While I respect the Pack too....this stadium thing is the reason why there's a phrase called "Home Team Advantage"....Why make everything the same? the NFL isn't NASCAR ;)

Seattle & KC have it with their sound acoustics.....

stansdds
January 22nd, 2011, 08:56
Did you hear that the Bears no longer have ice cubes in the locker room?

Yes, apparently they lost the recipe.

:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

Trans_23
January 22nd, 2011, 11:48
Caught this guy driving around town with this in the back of his truck today. :bump:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Trans_23/BeareatingPacker.jpg

CG_1976
January 22nd, 2011, 16:15
Seem's the Gopher's are roasting Bears.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110123/ap_on_sp_ot/us_odd_bear_roast

TomSteber
January 22nd, 2011, 18:51
While I respect the Pack too....this stadium thing is the reason why there's a phrase called "Home Team Advantage"....Why make everything the same? the NFL isn't NASCAR ;)

Seattle & KC have it with their sound acoustics.....
What I meant was not about the turf. I meant the look of the stadium after their renovation.
The Packers stadium looks great inside and out. And we all know what happened in Chicago.
I used to LOVE the look of Soldier Field. Maybe it's just me.

On another note... My wife and I sat at the end of the runway and had the Packers plane takeoff right over us. It was great. We both yelled "Go get 'em!".

CG_1976
January 22nd, 2011, 18:57
I think the New Soldier Field is a Royal Toilet and the Pack is gonna flush da bears to L. Michigan. Packer's stadium is 10X better and still retained her history. Walk her tunnels and you'll see org concrete that Lombardi and Lambeau walk on.