PDA

View Full Version : WACO ASO repaint CF-BPM

pilottj
January 20th, 2011, 20:17
Hey guys I decided to paint up this Golden Age Sim ASO. The paint is based on a real world ATO scheme.

I will get it packaged up and uploaded when I get a chance:mixedsmi:

Cheers
TJ

OleBoy
January 20th, 2011, 20:46
Heyyyy, now that looks real nice. That ole bird wears them colors well :)

pilottj
January 21st, 2011, 08:34
yeah Black/Dark Blue base and Red/Orange/Yellow/Gold/Tan are great colors for biplanes :) I wanted to also get the leading edge of the wing on that ASO but the texture mapping was a little goofy so I gave up on that, and Ithought it looked fine just plain red then. I might alter it to have orange with white highlights so this old giants fan can fly over Chavez ravine during the dodger games :)

I have uploaded it to the FSX Skins section this time, hopefully will get the CTO paint moved there too. I have kind of gotten a thing for painting these Wacos, if there is a waco scheme someone would like to see I would be happy to try to tackle it. :)

Cheers
TJ

big-mike
January 21st, 2011, 08:57
Just dl it,very nice!
Thank you.
Michael

MarkH
January 21st, 2011, 10:52
if there is a waco scheme someone would like to see I would be happy to try to tackle it. :)

I like the red and black one, though not so keen on the 'fruit salad' one (or the CTO, actually)! Have you made any photoshop templates for the ASO? I'd love to do some dirty paintworks for some of the Wacos. I made a rough template for the Pitcairn Autogiro, and this is my first go at a paint:

(http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/915mudskipper.jpg)

pilottj
January 21st, 2011, 11:43
I haven't created any templates yet, tho some dirt would might look good. Since they don't really have any rivets or panel lines or textured shadowing the textures themselves are fairly simple. I was looking at http://www.wacoclassic.com/ looking at YMF schemes to transpose to the CTO and ASO. Some might work for the F series too.

The CTO is a handful to land. I have found the best way is to lean your head 'view' to the side while still in view of the airspeed indicator. .40 zoom works for me. Sideslip to keep it at 60-65, straighten out just before touchdown and you should be able to make a reasonable main wheel landing.

Cheers
TJ