PDA

View Full Version : Real Air Turbine...comin soon

lawdawg
January 20th, 2011, 08:41
http://realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=coming

pilottj
January 20th, 2011, 09:13
AHHH!!! As Quagmire says...Giggity Giggity Giggity! :monkies::monkies:
Lol I hope it isn't on the 'comming soon' page as long as the piston duke was before it's release :)

MM
January 20th, 2011, 09:17
Wonderful news. Delighted to see Real Air back in the game!

BOOM
January 20th, 2011, 09:36
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jump: Fantastic!!!!!!
THX for the HU!!! The screenshots look wonderful!!!!!!:jump:
:jump::jump:I'm VERY,VERY.....HAPPY!!!!!:jump::jump:

anthony31
January 20th, 2011, 13:40
Does anyone know if this is going to be a free update for original Duke buyers or will it be a new full aircraft (ie you have to buy it) or maybe a paid update (at a lesser price than the Duke)?

big-mike
January 20th, 2011, 13:43
I don`t know,but i think,it wouldn`t be an free update.
With a bit luck a paid update.
Michael

pilottj
January 20th, 2011, 13:45
it might be a standalone aircraft but perhaps with a discount for piston duke owners

doublecool
January 20th, 2011, 14:25
It must be just around the corner if their posting...
Realair never beats the bushes before release

And I'm looking forward to how they tackled the turbine engine in FX :jump:

Roadburner440
January 20th, 2011, 14:32
Very nice! Bird sure does look nice with the turbo props on it.

ryanbatc
January 20th, 2011, 14:37
WOW.

Thankfully nothings happened to them... I've tried emailing Rob and Sean in the past and they never returned my emails... perhaps mine got lost in their spam filters.

I was concerned about them.

Thankfully all is well!

Did I say wow?

p.s. To speculate I'm guessing it would be a paid update to Duke owners??

Roadburner440
January 20th, 2011, 15:06
I personally would think it is a seperate product.. The original B60 Duke was a very good deal for the price, and this bird would require a re-work of a lot of areas. Would be cool if they did a discount though. Any saved money is always good.

Kiwikat
January 20th, 2011, 17:26
Does anyone know what the PT-6's do to the takeoff distance? Would it be significantly less? Twin PT-6's is a ridiculous amount of power for such a small aircraft.

BOOM
January 20th, 2011, 17:31
STOL Take-offs in 1000'!!!!:jump:

robrealair
January 20th, 2011, 17:32
WOW.

Thankfully nothings happened to them... I've tried emailing Rob and Sean in the past and they never returned my emails... perhaps mine got lost in their spam filters.

I was concerned about them.

Thankfully all is well!

Did I say wow?

p.s. To speculate I'm guessing it would be a paid update to Duke owners??

Hi Ryan,

The last email I had from you was quite a long time back but I replied to it a day later. Sorry if I missed any subsequent ones but I know you well enough that I would not ignore you deliberately and indeed unless there is some glitch between servers we do our best to reply same day, sometimes within a couple of hours...unless one of us is away from the office.

Anyway, just to give you all some info: The Turbo Prop Duke will not look that different from the B60 piston version so please don't expect a huge difference, but FSX is quite a challenge where Turbine Props are concerned and it has taken us quite a while to get things sorted, with redesigned engines, cowls, a few fixes, new engine gauges, new sounds and lots of things that add up into a lot more than a simple turbo port-over.

So we'll of course be offering a discount to piston Duke owners but it won't be free - after a year or so of tweaking and developing.

I can also confirm that take off will be extremely lively and there is lots of power in those pratt and whitney turbines....1000 feet run achievable and at least 4,000 fpm initial climb.

We're close to final testing now but we don't like to anticipate release dates until we are sure things are finalised. It will be quite soon though. Thanks very much for everyone's interest!

Rob Young - RealAir

Kiwikat
January 20th, 2011, 17:34
STOL Take-offs in 1000'!!!!:jump:

That is *@&#&(*^#@ unbelievable! :jawdrop:

I'm at a total loss of words when looking at the specs of this thing. Crazy insane is a total understatement. :icon_eek:

lawdawg
January 20th, 2011, 17:36
Thanks for the update Rob.
Looking forward to this and thank you for all that you guys make.

BOOM
January 20th, 2011, 17:39
Rob,Thanks for the info on pricing,That's fantastic of you and RealAir to offer a discount price for B60 owners.Really looking forward to The Turbine version!!!:jump:
Cheers!!

clmooring
January 20th, 2011, 18:30
Great News! I was flying the Duke last night after not having had it out of the hanger for a while. I was thinking how well it has held up. I think it still has the best VC out there.

I was surprised to see Rob mentioning a few fixes included. After many, many hours, I am not aware of any needed fixes.

Cant wait for the Turbine!

Thanks Realair

Bjoern
January 21st, 2011, 02:48
I'm intrigued...way too much power for way too little a plane...

Twin PT-6's is a ridiculous amount of power for such a small aircraft.

Ridiculous amount of power = ridiculous amound of fun.

Just ask Dornier. ;)

ryanbatc
January 21st, 2011, 08:18
The last email I had from you was quite a long time back but I replied to it a day later. Sorry if I missed any subsequent ones but I know you well enough that I would not ignore you deliberately and indeed unless there is some glitch between servers we do our best to reply same day, sometimes within a couple of hours...unless one of us is away from the office.

Ahhh, no worries! This thing will take over my Lancair vatsim flying hehe!

pilottj
January 21st, 2011, 08:38
yeah I am curious how a cross country race would turn out between the Turbine Duke, Epic LT, Lancair IV, Avanti...etc

SADT
January 21st, 2011, 11:14
I'm intrigued...way too much power for way too little a plane...

Ridiculous amount of power = ridiculous amound of fun.

Just ask Dornier. ;)

are you talking about the Dornier Seastar or the Dornier Do.24 ATT? ;)

Bjoern
January 21st, 2011, 14:03
are you talking about the Dornier Seastar or the Dornier Do.24 ATT? ;)

There can be only one!

...and it's neither one of them. Ha!

Sundog
January 21st, 2011, 14:06
There can be only one!

...and it's neither one of them. Ha!

My guess is he is referring to the Do-328. ;)

Bjoern
January 21st, 2011, 14:09
My guess is he is referring to the Do-328. ;)

Now you've given it away! D:

JIMJAM
January 21st, 2011, 15:23
Kinda of a let down for me. I really was hoping on a Kingair for FSX finally done right.
I bought the Duke the day it came out and rarely fly it. 2 computers later and it still drags my system down. Hopefully this one will run better on my system.

anthony31
January 21st, 2011, 15:58
Hi Ryan,
So we'll of course be offering a discount to piston Duke owners but it won't be free - after a year or so of tweaking and developing.

Thanks Rob. Excellent news.

Steven190
January 21st, 2011, 17:49
OUTSTANDING

Can not wait

THANKS

pilottj
January 21st, 2011, 18:38
here are some vids to get you going :jump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnf8_OZs5rQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYxNGOpLb9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ7dl-lsj_Y

ryanbatc
January 21st, 2011, 18:42
Kinda of a let down for me. I really was hoping on a Kingair for FSX finally done right.
I bought the Duke the day it came out and rarely fly it. 2 computers later and it still drags my system down. Hopefully this one will run better on my system.

This is better than a smaller king air hehe!

A native B350 would be awesome! At one time, Flight1 was working on a BE20... not sure what the status is.

BOOM
January 22nd, 2011, 04:08
THX for the Vids TJ,That Climb Rate is incredible!!!