PDA

View Full Version : Drop tank issue

highpockets
January 18th, 2011, 14:05
In my MTO italian mission flying MC202 with raf_drop_tank (2), the control+shift+ D will not activate the tanks to drop. How do I check what the issue is in the install? A bit unstable in combat with tanks on!!

Shadow Wolf 07
January 18th, 2011, 14:24
HP:

...Don't know if you use the CFS2 keyboard or not but if you do, try Backspace + Enter twice quickly and repeat for the other D/T. That works for the stock planes and most others.

bearcat241
January 18th, 2011, 15:56
If its the I4 Macchi C.202 or the DAF C.202 downloads you're using, then these don't have drop tanks included in the *air files, which means that any tanks you've added to your dp won't matter, and therefore the drop tanks commands are null for these models. You have to have active DT entries in the air file for the drop commands to work with the dp entries.

If you're handy with Aired, you can copy the entry from another model's air file which has a ventral drop tank to your Macchi.

highpockets
January 19th, 2011, 17:33
Backspace + enter doesn't work either. Here is the Dp weapons portion

[HARDPOINTS]
mount.0=2.21,-0.40,0.5
mount.1=-2.21,-0.40,0.5
mount.2=2.23,-0.77,0.4
mount.3=-2.23,-0.77,0.4
mount.4=-1.715,-0.29,0.99017
mount.5=1.715,-0.29,0.99017
[PAYLOADS]
payload.0=%payload_name.0%
payload.1=%payload_name.1%
[PAYLOAD.0]
; Payload = Guns Only
[PAYLOAD.1]
; Payload = Guns Long Range
mount.0=wep_german_wingrackr, 1, -1
mount.1=wep_german_wingrackl, 1, -1
mount.2=RAF_Drop_Tank, 1, -1
mount.3=RAF_Drop_Tank, 1, 2
mount.4=1tube, 1, -1
mount.5=1tube,1,-1
tion

demorier
January 19th, 2011, 17:59
As bearcat mentioned above,, open the 'air' file for the aeroplane and check if you have entries numbered 534 and 535, these are the drop tank entries. Using aired they can be copied and pasted out of lots of other planes like a stock P38 Lightning and just adjust the fuel quantities. Like bombs, rockets and such the drop tanks have to be 'selected' first then released.

Nole
January 20th, 2011, 04:15
See the Common CFS2 Problems and Fixes 'sticky' post at the top of the page in the SimV CFS2 forum. It contains a post with the details to correct your droptank issue.

highpockets
January 21st, 2011, 05:13
Not sure what I am looking for! The only file I have in my aircraft folder that could be an air file is designated" Installer package" and "Adobe Air application Installer" It is an icon shaped like a manila folder with ".air" on it? If I try to open it as is it tells me the file is damaged. If I open it with Notepad a portion is readable regarding the aircraft history, speed, weight ,etc. The rest are symbols that mean nothing to me! example

?P-? ?P-? ?? ?P-? ?my!? ?%?]tE?R ?-袋.?t?C]tE?­~?ZtE]?|$V?pE]t?tn-?
]tE?6l:?:]tE?cd?gE]t?\Pi?L]tE?Tۼ?7]tE?&31?  *@(\u)@R$@gs-8R?DJW?^s-8R?^s-8R?gs-8R?v/? Q?Zd;Oݿ >@V-׿ >-DT!?  8j 

HELP!

Rami
January 21st, 2011, 05:37
As bearcat mentioned above,, open the 'air' file for the aeroplane and check if you have entries numbered 534 and 535, these are the drop tank entries. Using aired they can be copied and pasted out of lots of other planes like a stock P38 Lightning and just adjust the fuel quantities. Like bombs, rockets and such the drop tanks have to be 'selected' first then released.

Bearcat and Demorier are exactly right. I looked in the airfile this morning, and for the Mc-202, there were not 534 and 535 entries in the airfile. This has now been resolved. I did the research on it as well, and it turns out that the fuel capacity of each drop tank was 100 liters. (About 26.4 gallons) In the files that I sent Highpockets this morning, along with an explanation, this has been corrected.

Additionally, I revised the .dp file so that the guntubes and the fuel tank pylons do not release. they remain static.

The attached files are for the Is4G conversion...the airfile and .cfg are the contribution of Peperez. I really like the way she flies now, you can pretty much fly her "by the numbers."

sc7500
January 21st, 2011, 06:33
....If I open it with Notepad a portion is readable regarding the aircraft history, speed, weight ,etc. The rest are symbols that mean nothing to me! example

?P-? ?P-? ?? ?P-? ?my!?...HELP!...

HP, you're gonna hafta grab up a copy of Aired.exe - I'll add it below:

It's a tiny little program that lets us edit AIR files efficiently... And, when you get really goor with AirEd, there are several Payware proggies [ACM and AirWrench] that take AIR File editing much farther !

Welcome to The Basement ! :wavey:
SC
:kilroy:

highpockets
January 21st, 2011, 14:43
Hey everone! thanks for the input. I will have to study the AirEd program. Not sure I can learn how to use it if I needed to:kilroy: But I will give her a try. The folgore already had the tanks added somewhere, not by me! I'm too dumb to know how. At any rate, as usual, I can count on help.
Thanks new papa Rami for the zip file.