IanHenry
January 18th, 2011, 08:44
Flyer,
what scenery is that?

Regards,
Ian.

Tako_Kichi
January 18th, 2011, 09:40
It depends to some degree on how well the contact points were set up on the model and also if the wind is blowing. If you have even a slight breeze then the plane can sometimes drift. It will certainly try to 'weathercock' in a breeze.

Try a test flight with the weather set to 'clear' (i.e. no wind) and see if it still drifts.

CG_1976
January 18th, 2011, 09:53
drifts?? I guess one could say FSX does a splendid job in simulating Currents. In RW float you are never still in da water. Even if you tie her down or throw out a anchor you still drift. Good old currents and waves.

Daube
January 18th, 2011, 10:53
It depends to some degree on how well the contact points were set up on the model and also if the wind is blowing. If you have even a slight breeze then the plane can sometimes drift. It will certainly try to 'weathercock' in a breeze.

Try a test flight with the weather set to 'clear' (i.e. no wind) and see if it still drifts.
I agree with the above comments. The wind will move your aircraft on water.

flyer01
January 18th, 2011, 14:03
Drift is nice but screenshot with Swordfish is very OK :D

Thank you I liked that screenshot also.

hey_moe is the screenshot contest over? lol

Flyer,
what scenery is that?

Regards,
Ian.

IanHenry, "Camp Banjo" is a small base on the island of Guadalcanal in the Solomon Islands.

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/node/26

Tako_Kichi, I have not tryed this yet but I will tonight.

drifts?? I guess one could say FSX does a splendid job in simulating Currents. In RW float you are never still in da water. Even if you tie her down or throw out a anchor you still drift. Good old currents and waves.

Always nice to have comments like this. Thanks:ernae:

flyer01
January 18th, 2011, 17:35
I agree with the above comments. The wind will move your aircraft on water.

I agree to agree.

Turning up and down the wind....and BAM! Thats what it was.:ernae:

Gotta love the Seagulls flying around the ship.

flyer01:salute:

IanHenry
January 18th, 2011, 23:40
Thanks Flyer,
I'll check that out.

Ian.