PDA

View Full Version : What video program you use

hey_moe
January 18th, 2011, 02:33
I was wondering what video program some of you guys use when posting a video of FSX. I did a video using FRAPS but I can't figure out if that or something else screwed up my FSX. I kept getting a error code and screwed up screens. It was the last thing I used before having to format my system. What a long day reinstalling everything.

Cazzie
January 18th, 2011, 03:05
I use FRAPS for the video capture Moe and Sony Vegas 9 for editing and formatting for the web.

Caz

X_eidos2
January 18th, 2011, 03:21
My setup is the same as Cazzie's.

Now that the FS Recorder has the render feature, I'm using FRAPS less and less. I was having problems with Javaw.exe quiting all the time right after I installed the newest version of the FSrecorder, but the programmer for the recorder module says it doesn't use java at all, so the two events aren't related.

wiltzei
January 18th, 2011, 04:15
Sounds weird. This may be a long-shot, but you could try this (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146910) program and check, if FRAPS has messed up your codecs.

hey_moe
January 18th, 2011, 09:14
I really can't say Fraps did it or not, but it was the last thing I used before this started to happen...lol...y'all know how my luck runs
Sounds weird. This may be a long-shot, but you could try this (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146910) program and check, if FRAPS has messed up your codecs.

MarkH
January 18th, 2011, 09:14
I use FRAPS for the video capture Moe and Sony Vegas 9 for editing and formatting for the web.

FS-Recorder definitely out-does FRAPS for FSX, but at the moment it only produces WMV files. I use Premiere Elements 7 for editing and it doesn't like WMV files. I can't speak for version 9, which may be more up to date.

CodyValkyrie
January 18th, 2011, 11:56
I use FRAPS. I have yet to try the new feature with FSRecorder. I will eventually give it a shot however. All edited in Sony Vegas / Adobe After Effects.

Cleartheprop
January 18th, 2011, 13:08
I use Fraps (registered version) and Pinnacle Studio V14 for edition. No fancy effects with this basic version though.
Never had any problems with Fraps.

hey_moe
January 18th, 2011, 15:05
Well it was the first time I used Fraps to do a movie....the standard pics do fine.
I use FRAPS. I have yet to try the new feature with FSRecorder. I will eventually give it a shot however. All edited in Sony Vegas / Adobe After Effects.