PDA

View Full Version : Exit openings??

scottmm73
January 17th, 2011, 13:37
I do not know what I did, but somehow my keypresses to open additional exit openings has gone kaput. Whenever I press Shift+E_1, 2, 3, 4; I only get the main exit to open. Has anyone ever come across this problem and fixed it.

Tako_Kichi
January 17th, 2011, 14:14
If you are sitting at or close to a fuel point the doors will NOT open. This is a long known FS issue that comes up from time to time. The fuel area 'boxes' are huge in FS.

Check where this happens and if they fail to open try moving to a different point on the airport and try again.

Odie
January 17th, 2011, 14:17
I do not know what I did, but somehow my keypresses to open additional exit openings has gone kaput. Whenever I press Shift+E_1, 2, 3, 4; I only get the main exit to open. Has anyone ever come across this problem and fixed it.

Had the exact same issue and it cleared it for me by changing the keystrokes to something other than SHIFT+E. I used the DELETE key to open the main exit then 1,2, etc., for the rest. Seemed to work okay.

scottmm73
January 17th, 2011, 14:40
If you are sitting at or close to a fuel point the doors will NOT open. This is a long known FS issue that comes up from time to time. The fuel area 'boxes' are huge in FS.

Check where this happens and if they fail to open try moving to a different point on the airport and try again.

Yeah, I seen those comments on my searches and I'm nowhere near the fuel boxes. I have the Doors - Select as Shift + E and Select Item # as 1, 2, 3, 4. I ran the FSUIPC log and found no gauges causing an interrupt of the key press sequence. I guess I will try Odies offering.

gigabyte
January 17th, 2011, 14:51
I see this from time to time with some planes, and it seems in my case to be related to the aircraft engines, if I start an engine they will work fine, and continue after I shut it down. For what ever reason when I land an aircraft and shut of the Mags the doors will either not open or open then shut really fast???

dexthom
January 17th, 2011, 15:53
Since I edited the file: Language.dll to get rid of the green exit opening and closing message that appears at the top of the screen, I have not experienced the exit opening and closing bug in FSX. Everything works fine now.

I copied this from another post:

"
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by wallyboard http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=343380#post343380)
I'd sure like to find a "cure" for the exit closing message!

larry
Hi
You can do it the same way we did it in fs9 :)
The text is in the language.dll in the fsx main folder
as its a dll BACK IT UP FIRST :) if it all go's pair shaped just copy the backup back to the main fsx folder.....
you need to open the dll in a resources editor
I use this one it works fine under XP 32bit not sure about other OS as its an old app
http://angusj.com/resourcehacker/
open the language.dll in the above program for the English Accel ver the exit text in the "string table folder" "section number 2404" but you can use find if its not there
be careful as there are a lot of strings that use the word exit ;)
when you find the strings they will be in "" delete all the text inside the "" but leave the "" :) then click on compile script then file save.
As its a dll you cant modify and upload it due to copyright..If the above scares you or to daunting then you might find a edited ver floating around the net I know the fs9 one ended up on most of the larger flightsim sites also make sure the language.dll is for your current ver as it sure to have changed from fsx to fsxA
I take no responsibility if your system catch's fire or stops working :)
or if you get a nasty email from msoft :D ...Ive been running a self moded one for mths btw no issues ere ;)
Wozza" This works in Win 7 64 bit..

This works!!!

scottmm73
January 18th, 2011, 13:08
Nothing seems to work. Maybe something is interrupting the key presses.

scottmm73
January 18th, 2011, 14:08
Figured it out. The nuances of FSUIPC. My own fault. Thanks for all those who helped.