PDA

View Full Version : Epic Victory VLJ Mini Biz Jet on sale now at PC Aviator

Lionheart
January 15th, 2011, 11:41
Hey all,

If you have been itching to get a new plane, want something sleek and runs on Kerosene (Jet-A), want a lovely ladies voice talking to you (high tech voice autopilot), want some Garmin glass screens to stair at, want something with a bunch of different paint schemes already in the package, then you might be interested in the cool little Epic Victory.

Fun little jet.

The thing I like most about her, besides the shape, is the way she flies. I 'somehow' was finally able to create a hybrid airfile set, mixing a Jet engine into a turboprop airfile set. This is, as some may know, quite a difficult task as the engine has so many tables in the actual AIR file. But.... I got it to work. I had tried it many times in the past with no success, and the Lear template is just too radically different from a VLJ airframe, that doing a turboprop smaller plane (the Epic LT actuality, almost the identical dimensions, minor changes) thus enabling her to fly similar to her bigger sister, the LT / Dynasty.

Note that some of the features include animated removal of front and rear cowlings and doors, high resolution detail textures, the infamous LHC 'floating hardware' on the fuselage (check the detail of those nuts and bolts!), and it has a Apple iPad in the back seat area for long flights.

Also has music and you can place your own music into the mix. The actual planes have Satellite cable radio which I duplicated into 6 song tracks.

Comes with a nice little manual in PDF format with tons of pictures.

PCAviator.com in the downloads store. :d

Edit; Another thing I added was alot of glass effects on this bird. For instance, the front canopy is gold tinted at the top, so the pilots arent bombarded with UV's. You can see the gold mirror like reflection from outside. Inside, its a dark gray. Same with the rear windows. They are tinted on the outside, but not so harshly tinted on the interior, so looking out from within is much easier.

b52bob
January 15th, 2011, 20:46
If you haven't got it yet, go get it!

Fantastic a/c and well worth the $$$ asking!

Bob

W. Bleddyn
January 16th, 2011, 05:03
Fantastic little plane. Great handling and the expected great looks from LHC. One thing I didn't see mentioned in the OP is that the stopping distance is exceptional for a jet. Short(ish) strips are still quite possible.

Only thing is that it can be a bit touchy on the ground handling. Just treat her gentle and it is fine. It is not a problem at all, just a particular niggle of this bird. The talking autopilot is a nice touch, I call her Vicky :D

This plane is a fine lady all-round.

scottmm73
January 16th, 2011, 06:41
What are the frames like with the Garmin VC? Would really like to add a VLJ to my hangar but those huge PFD/MFDs really kill my system.

E8400 C2Duo OC'd to 4Ghz, 8 GB DDR2, GTS 450.

clmooring
January 16th, 2011, 08:53
I have an older machine, 2.3 dual core with 512mb video card and 4 gigs of ram. My system handles it fine.

doublecool
January 16th, 2011, 16:54
Wonderful Little Jet... With Falcons "AF Command" Paint :salute:

expat
January 17th, 2011, 03:41
I 'somehow' was finally able to create a hybrid airfile set, mixing a Jet engine into a turboprop airfile set.

Bill,

Has the FDE been changed since the original release? Bought this a while back but had some stability issues and also with reaching stated KIAS figures at altitude. Recall there was a difficult trade-off with achieving this in the FM without also increasing takeoff acceleration to Space Shuttle values, and in view of the comparatvely small rated lbs-thrust of the little jet engine.

Killer external model, interior, VC and paints. Can't stop looking at her.

Regards,

expat