PDA

View Full Version : Query re new pc

LonelyplanetXO
January 15th, 2011, 11:10
Hi guys, thanks for yr replies previously. To clarify, I got the CPU type wrong in the previous post - it's a T9600 2.6 duo core clocked to 2.9 ghz. Loaded fs9 & fsx, looks as though it runs at least as fast as the previous machine, probably a bit faster.
Two problems, one has it back at the shop - water cooling is not working & those gtx8800's are idling at 84degreesC running at 104. Yikes!
Assuming the guy fixes that ( they should run 75 - 85 under load) there's a second issue. Maybe someone here familiar with the gtx8800 ultra can help? In windowed mode the SLI setup works fine but go to full screen in fs 9 or fs x and the colours are all lo- res and crazy. I updated the drivers, no change. How to fix? Is there an issue with that card & dx11?
LPXO

Roger
January 15th, 2011, 12:34
The GTX8800 was one of the first cards to implement Dx10. I would guess it will be settings in FsX and Nvidia Control Panel. To fine tune your card try Nvidia Inspector which is a free download.

stansdds
January 16th, 2011, 03:34
Yes, make sure your desktop resolution and color settings are the same as your FS9 and FSX settings. As for drivers, not all NVIDIA drivers do SLI, so make sure your drivers are designed with SLI in mind.