PDA

View Full Version : problem with ETO 1.40

gosd
January 15th, 2011, 05:26
Hello,
I have a problem with my ETO 1.40 install. I have been using this install since it was released. For some new reason my batch files must be corrupted since when I start the game in era 1, I get the ERA 2 screen and the intro music with the speech from Churchill but the game runs in ERA 1. In fact its stuck there! When I try another ERA say ERA 3, I still get the ERA 2 screen and the intro music with the speech from Churchill and the game still runs in ERA 1. This is new to me since the game ran smoothly up to now in every ERA and with all the missions I added.
So how can I go about fixing this simply ?:jump:
Thanks.

cjcz7
January 15th, 2011, 06:11
have you tried running the ORIFs?
there are instructions on how to do so in the word document: 'CFS3 ETO Expansion era swapper'
found in CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs

grizzly50
January 15th, 2011, 06:22
Hello,
I have a problem with my ETO 1.40 install. I have been using this install since it was released. For some new reason my batch files must be corrupted since when I start the game in era 1, I get the ERA 2 screen and the intro music with the speech from Churchill but the game runs in ERA 1. In fact its stuck there! When I try another ERA say ERA 3, I still get the ERA 2 screen and the intro music with the speech from Churchill and the game still runs in ERA 1. This is new to me since the game ran smoothly up to now in every ERA and with all the missions I added.
So how can I go about fixing this simply ?:jump:
Thanks.

:kilroy:This happens sometimes. Your swappers are stuck. Quickest and easiest way to fix:

1. Go into your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder and look for a folder named CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs.

2. Go into this CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs folder and look for a file named ERA Files Restore Rev 1.40.rtf, and open it.

3. Follow the instructions EXACTLY.

Here's the README:

"Cumulative REV 1.40

HOW TO REINSTALL THE CFS3 ETO EXPANSION ERA RELATED FILES

If you have a corruption of your spawn files, era files or era global layer/qclocations.xml you can recover by utilizing the recover program which has been provided.

Step 1. First copy and paste your Era swapper program files to a location outside of CFS3 ETO Expansion.

The 3 files are: CFS3 ETO Expansion\MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat, CFS3 ETO Expansion\ETOEraSwapper.bat, and CFS3 ETO Expansion\global_layer\ETOGLSwapper.bat,

Step 2. If there are any add-on files that you want to retain, such as mission files, please back them up to a location outside of the ETO directory.

Step 3. If you want to get your CFS3 ETO Expansion install back to the Original Release Install then next you have to manually delete the following Era files and folders.

All *_uires and uires folders
All *_missions and missions folders
global_layer folder
All *_qclocations.xml and qclocations.xml files
All *_splash24b.bmp and splash24b.bmp files
ETOEraSwapper.bat file
MASTERSTARTUP.bat file
spawns folder

Step 4. Then run the CFS3 ETO Expansion ORIFs Re-Install installer program to re-install the Original Release Install Files (ORIFs)

Step 5: Replace your CFS3 ETO Expansion\MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat, CFS3 ETO Expansion\ETOEraSwapper.bat, and CFS3 ETO Expansion\global_layer\ETOGLSwapper.bat files that you had previously copied and pasted to another location outside of your ETO install back into your ETO install in their correct locations.

In ETO Expansion Cumulative Update Rev 1.40, there is no choice to install the ORIFs without or without the spawns folder, so please make sure that you have backed up your spawns folder along with the other files and folders listed above.

If you want to get your CFS3 Expansion install to your most current global layer/qclocations conditions by using the Era backup files, follow the Steps 1 through 3 and then just copy and paste the files in your backup folder C:\CFS3 ETO Expansion Backup* to the Theater.

*NOTE: It is highly recommended that you run CFS3 ETO Backup.exe immediately after installation of CFS3 ETO Expansion Cumulative Update Rev 1.40 . Make sure you start the sim in Era 1 and then exit, then set the ETO Spawn Selector to 1, STOCK SPAWN MODE beforehand."

You will also have to reinstall all missions you have previously installed that were not stock ETO.

I also would like to point out the "*NOTE" in these instructions. If you run the ETO BACKUP after doing the ORIFS Re-Install and replacing your extra missions, you will likely never to have to run the full ORIFs process again. Simply copy the contents of the ETO BACKUP folder into your ETO main game folder and let them overwrite.

As an extra tip for this part, whenever you install new missions into ETO, copy these new missions into the ETO BACKUP folder, too.

I hope this helps.:d