PDA

View Full Version : Aeroplane Heaven goes under

bazzar
January 14th, 2011, 18:05
The water that is.

Last time I saw the office all I could see was the roof. We can't get back in yet as all the roads are blocked off and still flooded.

So, please do not expect much support over the next few days. We have lost a lot of gear, files , mementos and personal stuff but we won't know the extent of the damage until we get back there.

We managed to get a couple of computers out before the water arrived so can keep in touch.

Our main server is off-shore so the web will keep going.

Thanks and see you soon .

Baz.:wavey:

Barvan40
January 14th, 2011, 18:11
Good luck mate, hope the rains subside and you can dry out.

Warrant
January 14th, 2011, 18:16
All the best luck, and hope the damage is limited. Stay safe!

CodyValkyrie
January 14th, 2011, 18:17
Good luck mate. I hope things restore to normal for you quickly. It is always so hard to deal with such things, considering so little is in your control.

Roger
January 14th, 2011, 18:26
Really sorry to hear this Baz. I hope you can rescue enough to carry on your business!

fliger747
January 14th, 2011, 19:10
Baz:

I spend a fair bit of time on OZ, and even Brisbane! Been following the news clips, hard to believe! Best wishes from us all to get life back together:

Tom

Daveroo
January 14th, 2011, 19:24
real shame...but from experiance here...while youre doing cleanup...by god look for water snskes lurking and any other greepy crawly you have there...they get in the flood and desperatly try for dry ground in furnature,and in drawers ect,,,

mike_cyul
January 14th, 2011, 19:37
I hope you manage to get back up and running as soon as possible. Simming needs you! Stay safe, needless to say.

Mike

ColoKent
January 14th, 2011, 21:11
Where in Oz are you guys, anyway???

Regards,

Kent

Ian Warren
January 14th, 2011, 21:54
Bazz , no the area well , still out off touch with many friend s , Brisbane is a bloody mess , don,t wish that on anyone .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

bazzar
January 15th, 2011, 00:08
Where in Oz are you guys, anyway???

Regards,

Kent

We're in Brisbane, Queensland...right on the river...or rather under it now.The city is a monstrous mess. Clearup has begun but some of the buildings are looking a bit shaky as their underground carparks took a battering and there is talk of undermining in the foundations.We can't get near our place it is still under water and access is blocked.

AussieMan
January 15th, 2011, 00:21
Hey Bazz my thoughts are with you. While my home town is relatively safe from flooding, maybe one section along Farmers Creek may cop some minor flooding in a major downpour I can sympathise with other towns that get hit. Anyway mate I hope you have not lost too much work.

Keep your chin up and remember we are 100% behind you.

Cheers
Pat

P.S. I have been collecting some photos to send to you to see if certain DC-3 models are planned but will hold back for a few months until you are back on your feet.

Pat

Cees Donker
January 15th, 2011, 00:51
That's a major bummer Barry. Hope all will be allright in the end!

Cees

LCBORDEN
January 15th, 2011, 02:44
Barry (SOH for BAZ), I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you and your team. I hope you display true Aussie grit and pop a fosters (Australian for beer) and say "Phhhpppbbbtttt" (American for Bugger) keep your head above it all, We'll be looking for your return even better than before....Thoughts and prayers are with you till then.

Ol'Jarhead :ernae:

Cazzie
January 15th, 2011, 03:15
Had wondered how you mates were, now I know. Been following the Queensland floods, bloody horrible. But I know true Ozzie grit will get you over the hump, get down, get back up again, it's the meaning of life.

Caz

huub vink
January 15th, 2011, 03:56
Good luck Barry. It will take a while before everything is back to normal, but I know you Ozzies have the mentality to get things running soon again.

Cheers,
Huub

phrog_phixer
January 15th, 2011, 04:16
the rest of the world is cheering you on!!

robcap
January 15th, 2011, 05:06
Take care, Barry.

MM
January 15th, 2011, 05:10
The very best to you.

dharris
January 15th, 2011, 05:13
Hey mate, hope this gets taken care of soon, you folks have been thru a horrendous time. If I can do anything for you please let me know, I am pretttttyyy good with a mop, all the best Barry, Don

Rami
January 15th, 2011, 05:16
Bazzar,

I am sorry to hear of the flooding down there in Queensland. The best to you and your nation, god bless. Don't worry about material items, they can be replaced.

peperez
January 15th, 2011, 05:17
I love your stuff!

Keep yourself safe.

Pepe

AussieMan
January 15th, 2011, 13:19
Barry (SOH for BAZ), I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you and your team. I hope you display true Aussie grit and pop a fosters (Australian for beer) and say "Phhhpppbbbtttt" (American for Bugger) keep your head above it all, We'll be looking for your return even better than before....Thoughts and prayers are with you till then.

Ol'Jarhead :ernae:

Jarhead, Being in Queensland the beer would be a XXXX (pronounced 4 X as Queenslanders can't spell beer :) ) and it would more likely be :Ahhhhhh f***" instead of bugger.

Just watching the Sunday Today show they did a fly over of the volunteer registration point and the queue of people 2 and 3 abreast is over 1 kilometer long!!!! Only wish I was healthy enough and in Brisbane. I would be there to help in a flash.

Yesterday there were over 12000 volunteers and today they say it is double that number. True Aussie spirit.

Cheers
Pat

DennyA
January 15th, 2011, 14:34
So sorry to hear, Baz. I've seen footage of the floods and it's just staggering. Hope that you're able to recover what's important to you. Glad you're okay.

peter12213
January 15th, 2011, 16:44
Hope everything gets sorted soon couldn't believe how bad Queensland was hit on the news, feel really bad for the thousands of people affected, best wishes and stay safe!

Nick C
January 16th, 2011, 02:52
Hey Baz, sorry to hear you've been caught up in the floods. Most important is the fact you're here to tell us, and for that we're all grateful, and by the sounds of it your home is OK?

Take care.

Murray Cod
January 16th, 2011, 03:06
good luck getting back on your feet from one of the Mexicans here in Victoria

best wishes
Murray

Stickshaker
January 16th, 2011, 03:54
Best of luck Barry. Keep the faith!

stansdds
January 16th, 2011, 09:22
I saw some news video of the flooding in Queensland, the area is just devastated. Good luck and stay safe.

Guruswarmyoz
January 16th, 2011, 18:12
The main thing is that you're ok! Equipment & other things can be replaced.
Remember it's not just Queensland under water - which has copped the worst of it, Northern NSW, Here in Victoria a fair whack is flooded, then there's Tasmania.....
The whole thing is staggering in its scale & the sheer amount of water. I just dunno what to say other than that.