PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance work on "The Pond"

RyDraiggoch
January 14th, 2011, 14:30
CBFiles is currently offline for complex maintenance and is likely to be down for the weekend. Apologies for any inconvience. Normal service to be resumed as soon as possible.

Thank you for that Don

Rob English (TheHappyOtter) has been working on some major changes for the "Pond" for sometime, this combined with the stupidity factor today has forced him to take it off line for the weekend while upgrades, clean up and a name change is accomplished. Those of us in the Admin there apologise for any inconvience , and if you wish to access Dave Moly's Auster V or any of the other other new items I will be glad to send them on -- Again the "hack" did NOT affect the library or any of the files in it....they are all fine, but it seemed a good time to take care of everything at once. Hopefully some of the other niggling problems will be cured at the same time.

Tom if you could - would you be so kind as to sticky this so your forums wont get cluttered up with questions about our site.

Again -- everything will be back as normal on Monday.

Thank you

Leif Harding
www.classicbritishfiles.com Admin team

Duckie
January 14th, 2011, 17:14
Thanks for the update, Lief. Sorry about the "hack." Look forward to the "re-opening".

Steve

Wild Bill Kelso
January 14th, 2011, 23:10
-- Again the "hack" did NOT affect the library or any of the files in it....they are all fine...

Glad to hear this!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the admin team for all the recovery work to be successful.

Cheers,
Markus.

SgtT
January 15th, 2011, 03:30
Sorry to hear about the hack Lief. Hope you all are able to get things back online soon. You all have a wonderful site that I have enjoyed visiting.

All the best,

T.

Matt Wynn
January 15th, 2011, 03:46
Leif, is this a simple way of telling us loft members over there to stop Annoying Keith and Moly? :icon_lol:

look forwards to it being back... now is there any chance you can mail me over the Chilton, accidentally deleted the bugger from my FS.... and yes i did check my recycle bin :icon_lol:

molyned
January 15th, 2011, 07:06
Annoy me ? nah! all in good fun - I relish good arguments learned discussions:). I'm far too long in the tooth, being retired. I finally learnt to chill out after my by-pass op.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

RyDraiggoch
January 15th, 2011, 07:06
Which one Matt?

Matt Wynn
January 15th, 2011, 07:26
the latest one Leif, planning o fly her all the way to my testing field in Greece for a respray :D

molyned
January 15th, 2011, 13:43
Is it this one Matt - from this sendspace link ?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fr5oza
'cos that's the only one I've d/l'ed - the other has a Ford engine, I think
HTH Cheers
Dave M(oly)

RyDraiggoch
January 15th, 2011, 13:49
Matt
if you need FSV (The Train Powered DW1a) I will shoot it to you

Thanks Dave for filling in

Rob English is working keeping the Midlands safe from Villians today but he has promised to have the site back up and running by early monday (GMT)

Here is G-AFSV the DW1a file with the added bonus of Peter Watkins red and black racing version already included.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pc7c3s
Leif

Matt Wynn
January 15th, 2011, 13:53
Thanks Dave, going to get her all prepped for the morning and depart the second the sun rises... if i'm lucky i'll get to southern Germany by tomorrow night :icon_lol:

nigel richards
January 15th, 2011, 16:46
:applause:testing field in Greece? Phew, that sounds close to home Smoothie!
Thats where I do my own testing...on the Aegean if its amphibious... oops, that reminds me...
thought this thread; "maintenance work on "the pond" was about an updated version of the new seaplane model, the Martin Mars by Jens B Kristensen that maybe I'd missed!:mixedsmi:

anyway, bet you lads are waiting for the Martin Mars too, and just pretending you're not!

If any of you gents see Jens, just tell him...

:applause:We wants our MARS!:salute:

Matt Wynn
January 15th, 2011, 17:53
Nigel, i was born on Kos, lived in Larisa, just outside the airbase for a few years as a kid. go back to Greece as often as i can afford, my testing field is on Rhodes... once i get it fully refurbished i'll remember to throw it over to you... :salute: just waiting for the dawn now so i can set off...

oh and while i remember Leif... going to go get some photos of that darned Jackaroo today, get the ball in motion if possible there....

OleBoy
January 15th, 2011, 18:21
Matt, get LOTS of good pictures ;)

Matt Wynn
January 15th, 2011, 18:33
will do my best to unless i get sidetracked...

Basically for those that don't know... THIS is a Jackaroo....

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/4/6/2/1208264.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/5047090927_b72eed1f0a.jpg

basically a Tiger Moth modification, 4 seater... only real change being the bulge to accomodate the extra person

OleBoy
January 15th, 2011, 19:45
will do my best to unless i get sidetracked...

She ain't that pretty anymore huh..hmmm. Sounds to me as if you really don't want to see one if gettin side tracked comes so easily :173go1:

Rich
January 16th, 2011, 17:39
Hi All Classic British Files has resurfaced at the Pond but is renamed to http://www.britsim.com/
And is a big improvement I think

Rich

Tom Clayton
January 16th, 2011, 17:49
Thanks! I copied your reply to a new stickied thread so that I can unstick this one.

nigel richards
January 20th, 2011, 05:52
Nigel, i was born on Kos, lived in Larisa, just outside the airbase for a few years as a kid. go back to Greece as often as i can afford, my testing field is on Rhodes... once i get it fully refurbished i'll remember to throw it over to you... :salute: just waiting for the dawn now so i can set off...

oh and while i remember Leif... going to go get some photos of that darned Jackaroo today, get the ball in motion if possible there....

Hi there Smoothie, you've certainly been around. Talking of Larisa, my place (I have a small farm at the top of Mt Athos penninsular overlooking the tiny island Amouliani) is buzzed two or three times a day by F-4's and F-16's from Larisa AB. It seems my little valley is their favourite playground - the Phantoms usually the "aggressors", F-16's the new kids - the fun only interrupted when the Canadair cl415's get jealous and want the same airspace for touch'n goes down at the beach!
Anyway, always good to hear from other 'Hellenic simmers'.
Ah! Smoothie almost forgot, I'm trying to 'press gang' that talented modeller Jens B Kristensen into giving us all a Martin Mars; be a good sport and say you want one! It would make a rather spectacular tourist attraction at Rhodos too.
Best regards, Nigel:salute:

Matt Wynn
January 20th, 2011, 08:54
Hi there Smoothie, you've certainly been around. Talking of Larisa, my place (I have a small farm at the top of Mt Athos penninsular overlooking the tiny island Amouliani) is buzzed two or three times a day by F-4's and F-16's from Larisa AB. It seems my little valley is their favourite playground - the Phantoms usually the "aggressors", F-16's the new kids - the fun only interrupted when the Canadair cl415's get jealous and want the same airspace for touch'n goes down at the beach!
Anyway, always good to hear from other 'Hellenic simmers'.
Ah! Smoothie almost forgot, I'm trying to 'press gang' that talented modeller Jens B Kristensen into giving us all a Martin Mars; be a good sport and say you want one! It would make a rather spectacular tourist attraction at Rhodos too.
Best regards, Nigel:salute:

yeah thats one of the main 'play-areas' of the Ellhnikh Polemikh Aeroporia... and that mars would be perfect for a seaplane service between say... Rodos and Crete, or Rodos and Athens, put her down and taxi into Piraeus or some such... and call me 'press-ganged' on that one...

Amouliani... nice little island ... so you're overlooking both the island and Agion Oros bay (Used to have a nice farm strip/float port for my personal FS there), thats a nice area!

nigel richards
January 20th, 2011, 09:46
:salute:
yeah thats one of the main 'play-areas' of the Ellhnikh Polemikh Aeroporia... and that mars would be perfect for a seaplane service between say... Rodos and Crete, or Rodos and Athens, put her down and taxi into Piraeus or some such... and call me 'press-ganged' on that one...

Amouliani... nice little island ... so you're overlooking both the island and Agion Oros bay (Used to have a nice farm strip/float port for my personal FS there), thats a nice area!

:salute:Znto Smoothie! Play area 'den les tipota!' During summer months the special guests are Canadair cl215's in pairs, twice a week when doing switchovers with Kavala... or sometimes, as I gather from their leisurely activity for the pure hell of it. Those Pratt & Whitney's never fail in stopping me in my tracks, god bless 'em!
D'ya reckon we could fit Ouranoupolis on the Mars route? Sure be a sight for sore eyes seeing that bird skimming between Amouliani and the mainland on finals. Bet even the Canadair jockeys would appreciate the event.:jump:
I don't suppose by any chance you're on speaking terms with Jens are you?:kilroy:

Matt Wynn
January 20th, 2011, 10:08
Ouranoupolis... thats'd be a fun one to visit with a mars. Wish i was, gotta dig out his e-mail and see what he's up to if he'll tell me :icon_lol: you're making me want to rebuild my floatplane dock in that bay again, i thought i'd escaped it for a nice sheltered bay on Rhodes where it hits 50*C on a breezeless day and direct sunlight... but i may just have to remake my docks and infrastructure... Mars sized, just in case right ;)

nigel richards
January 20th, 2011, 11:00
Ouranoupolis... thats'd be a fun one to visit with a mars. Wish i was, gotta dig out his e-mail and see what he's up to if he'll tell me :icon_lol: you're making me want to rebuild my floatplane dock in that bay again, i thought i'd escaped it for a nice sheltered bay on Rhodes where it hits 50*C on a breezeless day and direct sunlight... but i may just have to remake my docks and infrastructure... Mars sized, just in case right ;)

:salute:Monday-Friday; Rhodes to Ouranoupolis once daily it is then! Wednesday and weekends via Piraeus.
:running:Better get to work on those docks and infrastructure pretty soon Smoothie, got a hunch Jens could be listening. (ya know, 'mystiko ereuna agoras' and that kind of thing) Also, rumour has it that those Dodo's down at Cowes and Gosport have similar ambitions, but we both know that weatherwise it's a no-go; Hellas is the only place for ice-cold Frappe and all things 'anaeria'. This could be the real lure for Jens to initiate the Mars. Perhaps he just had misgivings about where people would actually be flying this magnificent aircraft.
Jens!... Smoothie, Tom Clayton, Milton Shupe, many others (and your's truly) offer you the freedom of the Med. YES! WE WANTS OUR MARS!:icon_lol: