PDA

View Full Version : Bullets won't hit

kwb737
January 13th, 2011, 20:12
I've run into a rather strange problem that I had not noticed before. On a couple of scenery locations (There may be more) But when I select MN MI GUAM OROTE PT. or MN MI GUAM NAS AGANA for my quick combat missions my bullets score no hits at all! It's like the bullets are passing right through no matter what Japanese fighter it is. Anyone know what might be causing this. On the majority of my other locations no problems, smoke,fireballs,screams, the works. Thanks.

fde_bressy
January 14th, 2011, 02:56
That's a problem I met with downloaded planes from time to time.

The only solution I found was to reload the complete EFFECTS folder from a "spare" version I hold on another disk.

Fibber
January 14th, 2011, 05:03
I am by far no expert, but it may be that the aircraft have/has a problem in the .DP file. When in the combat note the planes that are giving you the trouble, then check the DP file. The .dp file may not be accounting for damage in the "effects" section. Also are you always flying the same aircraft? Could be that the sight is misaligned and in actuality you are missing the shot. You can reaim with the utility Aimit but I think you already know that.:salute:

kwb737
January 14th, 2011, 10:02
I am by far no expert, but it may be that the aircraft have/has a problem in the .DP file. When in the combat note the planes that are giving you the trouble, then check the DP file. The .dp file may not be accounting for damage in the "effects" section. Also are you always flying the same aircraft? Could be that the sight is misaligned and in actuality you are missing the shot. You can reaim with the utility Aimit but I think you already know that.:salute:

Thanks to all for the info. When I get some time this weekend I'll check things out. The sight is OK because when I choose other locations to fly other than the ones mentioned when I fire I see the bullets hitting and the effects they produce. I've even gotten so close that I'm about to chop the tail off as I pull the trigger just to make sure I'm not actually missing. LOL! Like I said I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks again.

kwb737
January 16th, 2011, 13:54
I've run into a rather strange problem that I had not noticed before. On a couple of scenery locations (There may be more) But when I select MN MI GUAM OROTE PT. or MN MI GUAM NAS AGANA for my quick combat missions my bullets score no hits at all! It's like the bullets are passing right through no matter what Japanese fighter it is. Anyone know what might be causing this. On the majority of my other locations no problems, smoke,fireballs,screams, the works. Thanks.

Problem went away on it's own! Weird! Oh well, all is good.

MaskRider
January 16th, 2011, 14:08
To tell you the truth I sometimes get the exact same thing happening. I think it is some sort of viedeo card/display adapter overload issue. Something to do with too many scenery objects and dps and not enough memory somewhere to handle it. There juts aren't enough available bits to generate the damage effects. Not knowing just how these things works I am just guessing, though.

It never happens to me over less scenery object intense locations.

Even at places like Orote if you are shooting at a plane and facing out to sea and not facing in toward the harbor- the effects work OK.

I have always just chalked it up to my needing a more robust piece of hardware someplace.

Worthless
February 9th, 2012, 17:54
To tell you the truth I sometimes get the exact same thing happening. I think it is some sort of viedeo card/display adapter overload issue. Something to do with too many scenery objects and dps and not enough memory somewhere to handle it. There juts aren't enough available bits to generate the damage effects. Not knowing just how these things works I am just guessing, though.

Even at places like Orote if you are shooting at a plane and facing out to sea and not facing in toward the harbor- the effects work OK.

I have always just chalked it up to my needing a more robust piece of hardware someplace.

I'm inclined to agree. I've just had the same problem pop up over Tinian. With all the great scenery from your MR Marinanas, it's just too much for my rig. I could shoot up my entire ammo supply and not hit a thing. Changing AC had no effect. Switching my battle to Yap made the problem dissappear.

misson
February 10th, 2012, 17:10

Lot time ago i asumed the same, a scenery problem (much more memory needed) or scenery order ,but i thought more probably scenery order by lacking memory,( just a theory).