PDA

View Full Version : FSDZign's Constellation; Engine question

Lionheart
November 29th, 2008, 16:12
Hey guys,

A quick question.

How can I bypass (turn off) the failing engines caused by lowering RPM's too fast and too much when the engines are hot?

Does anyone know which gauge(s) it is?

I would be very greatful. I need to fly this plane this weekend and I simply cant seem to keep the engines from seizing up. (I have already heard all the instructions on that part, I need to turn off the 'seizing' part).

:ernae:

Many thanks,

Bill

Milton Shupe
November 29th, 2008, 16:20
You can find the Alternate FDE here:

http://www.calclassic.com/connie.htm

or ...

Download directly here:

http://www.calclassic.com/files/Optnl_L049a%20FD.zip

Lionheart
November 29th, 2008, 16:38
You are awesome Milton!

Many thanks Sir.

Bill

fliger747
November 29th, 2008, 21:46
Usually in large engines it is reduction of MP rather than RPM that causes issues. Shock Cooling cracks cylinders etc. How they have these effects replicated in the sim plane I do not know as I do not have it!

Good Luck: T.

Willy
November 29th, 2008, 22:48
The engines die if you back off the throttles too quickly. I've gotten a bit brain numb and fell for it a few times myself.

WND
November 30th, 2008, 03:06
Actually had that happen to me in real life one time!!

Back in the late 80's, coming back from Florida to New Hampshire I had been up high running real lean when over New Jersey I had to make a quick decent into an airport and ended up having a couple of valves stick about half way down because of quick cooling!!!

Got up the next morning and fortunately there was an automotive store close by - went and got me some Marvel Mystery Oil, poured some on the valve stems and let them soak for a bit, started working the valves manually and within about 10 minutes they freed up!! Put everything back together and flew home without a problem!!!

Ever since then I have used that stuff exclusively for lubricating things!! NO WD40 in this house!!!

PS: I was in a Cessna 172 D with a Continental O-300 engine..

Lionheart
November 30th, 2008, 13:10
Actually had that happen to me in real life one time!!

Back in the late 80's, coming back from Florida to New Hampshire I had been up high running real lean when over New Jersey I had to make a quick decent into an airport and ended up having a couple of valves stick about half way down because of quick cooling!!!

Got up the next morning and fortunately there was an automotive store close by - went and got me some Marvel Mystery Oil, poured some on the valve stems and let them soak for a bit, started working the valves manually and within about 10 minutes they freed up!! Put everything back together and flew home without a problem!!!

Ever since then I have used that stuff exclusively for lubricating things!! NO WD40 in this house!!!

PS: I was in a Cessna 172 D with a Continental O-300 engine..

Pretty impressive WND.

Thanks for filling me in on the bird. Had me thinking you own a Connie. :d

Milton,

That airfile package worked brilliant! Flew it today for the first time on a long journey and landed with the engines still running! Felt good.

Bill

WND
November 30th, 2008, 13:44
Sorry about that Lionheart - I was relating to the quick cooling issue more than the aircraft itself!! :redf: