PDA

View Full Version : Need more help

XLR8
January 11th, 2011, 17:43
Sorry guy to ask for more help here. I have some good gun effects. I have a set of coordinates for them. But I don't know what I'm doing wrong.I am trying to move them.Below is the set I'm working on now.

smoke.4=13.809, -.688, -.436, fx_mzlflsh_s.fx

I was told to play with the 809,688,436 numbers. How are these in reference with up ,down,left ,right.

Is there a tutorial for this?

Meshman
January 11th, 2011, 18:03
I don't have the SDKs installed on this computer, so can't research to offer advise. But you might load the plane up, then (if you have the SDKs installed???) fire up the very friendly Visual Effects tool. Open the .FX file listed on the line in your posting and use the VisualFX tool to move it around. When you happy with the changes to the X,Y and Z, aka left/right, forward/backwards and up/down (IIRC?) save the file and fly away.

Of course!! Make a backup copy of the .FX file before you really screw things up and then go and overwrite the original file. Not that I've ever done that... :wavey:

XLR8
January 12th, 2011, 15:38
Thanks for the help. I don't have the SDK installed. Thought by changing those numbers would work. Thanks again.

huub vink
January 13th, 2011, 22:41
Does this help you?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx

Cheers,
Huub