PDA

View Full Version : big nav and strobe light effects

PhantomP
November 29th, 2008, 13:44
Hi I am getting a weird looking strobe and nav light effect on my AI aircraft it is almost like it's to big for the plane is there anyway of fixing or shrinking the lights down thanks

Felixthreeone
November 29th, 2008, 14:01
Hi I am getting a weird looking strobe and nav light effect on my AI aircraft it is almost like it's to big for the plane is there anyway of fixing or shrinking the lights down thanks

Have you recently added any new stuff to your FS....particularly addon aircraft with new effects packages? Or auto-installers that could potentially have modified your effects folder?

PhantomP
November 29th, 2008, 14:04
Yes it's possible

Felixthreeone
November 29th, 2008, 14:18
Generally, if it is your stock AI and not flyable aircraft modified to work as AI, I would think that the culprit was a corrupted or modified Halo.bmp, simply because that is the file that the navred, green, and white are drawn from. Try going into your main FS texture folder...look for the Halo.bmp. Then look and see if there is one next to it called something like 'halo.bak' or'halo.old'. If you find one, rename the halo.bmp to halo.new and the other to halo.bmp....then give it a try. OR...I could be entirely wrong and this may not help you at all. Let us know.

PhantomP
November 29th, 2008, 14:39
Thanks Felixthreeone

PhantomP
November 29th, 2008, 14:42
Nope only have Halo.bmp

Felixthreeone
November 29th, 2008, 16:11
:isadizzy:.....hmmm....ok i will have to brain-storm a bit....but i will try to help you figure it out....

PhantomP
November 29th, 2008, 16:13
Thanks Felixthreeone

Milton Shupe
November 29th, 2008, 16:32
Is this happening to all AI lights or just this aircraft?

If All, then check the date modified of the halo.bmp (select View Details to see data modified).

If just one aircraft, check the Lights section to see what fx it is using. Choose effects from a smaller aircraft like the Cessna 182 like these below and change your Light effects:

fx_navred
fx_navgre
fx_navwhi
fx_strobe
fx_beacon

skyhawka4m
November 29th, 2008, 16:47
or you could replace your naver/navgreen with a light you preferr in your aircraft cfg. files. Myself, whn I have the time I switch my nav lights with those from the P-149. If you have the P-149 installed or have had it installed just add a "_piggi" to the end of your lights, I think they are much nicer than most out there. Your HALO is mainly the light used fo your white runway lights and some use it for white position lights that are steady or constantly on during flight.

PhantomP
November 29th, 2008, 16:51
Hey skyhawka4m nope it's just one type of ai craft that acts this way

pfflyers
November 29th, 2008, 20:33
I have some AI aircraft that have that problem also. In my case those are aircraft with lights coded into the model instead of seperate effects.

Without modifying the model I don't know if those aircraft can be 'fixed'.

I'm not sure if that is your issue, but it might be since you say it is one type of AI airplane with this problem.

Can you tell us which one it is, maybe someone could offer more help.

PhantomP
November 29th, 2008, 22:16
thanks Pfflyers I figured it out I followed skyhawka4m info and it works great now thanks anyways