PDA

View Full Version : OT: Still No Dial Tone

PutPut
January 9th, 2011, 12:11
Well, it is now 3 weeks since I've had a dial tone on my land line phone. I am one of the 50,000 or so that are on AT&T or Verizon in Southern California that are still without service since the Great Rains a few weeks ago. I have phone DSL so that is very spotty at best. If I am patient I can read a few things and even send an occasional email. However, if I try to download something it immediately kicks off. I bought the Iris A-10 during the $5 sale and still can't download it; it kicks off between 15-50%. Hope Iris leaves it there for a while; I haven't been able to get an email through to them. Yesterday Verizon told me it might be 2-4 weeks before they are caught up. Now, it did rain a lot, but I have lived in So Cal since 1959 and have seen much worse. I never lost a dial tone, even during the El Nino year of 1997.
We decided to investigate replacing our phone DSL with wireless DSL. We went to our local store and I was pleased to see a young man who looked young enough to know all. He did, but, only about cell phones. He couldn't grasp the concept of DSL over a phone line let alone replacing it. He really wanted to sell me a 4G setup tuned to the Verizon version of the Iphone! My wife and I left in disgust.

:kilroy::kilroy:

Paul