PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone brought this yet

hey_moe
January 8th, 2011, 13:22
I have been looking at this add-on >> Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest I have REX and a few other add-ons and I was wondering what ya thought of it...Mike

stiz
January 8th, 2011, 13:24
i belive a few people have brought it .... i gotta ask though .. what rock you been hideing under? :bump:

In other words, its won just about every award out there :)

hey_moe
January 8th, 2011, 13:28
I was reading about it in PC Pilot and with the other add-ons was wondering what effect it had if any on the other add-ons.

Roger
January 8th, 2011, 13:28
It's the add-on that makes FsX look like it should have been from the start. I have all three areas that make up NA Blue.

paulb
January 8th, 2011, 13:31
OrbX PNW is really great. Certainly the best scenery that I have purchased. There are a few pics in the thread here -

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=47657

Aviator32
January 8th, 2011, 13:48
:icon_eek:

hey_moe
January 8th, 2011, 14:02
LOL....I kinda got out of flying for a while but am starting to get back into it again, so I gotta depend on you guys for help in this area...Mike
i belive a few people have brought it .... i gotta ask though .. what rock you been hideing under? :bump:

In other words, its won just about every award out there :)

Francois
January 8th, 2011, 14:02
Never heard of it.

James
January 8th, 2011, 14:36
For my low-end (REALLY low-end) stock Dell Inspiron 1545, it drops me down to the truest meaning of a slide show.

hey_moe
January 8th, 2011, 14:39
Well if I get this Roger, my screen shots had better look as good as yours...lol...Mike
It's the add-on that makes FsX look like it should have been from the start. I have all three areas that make up NA Blue.

Cazzie
January 8th, 2011, 15:00
It's so good Moe, I rarely fly anywhere else in FSX.

Caz

X_eidos2
January 8th, 2011, 16:04
There was a time when there was a free demo version available. I tried it and discovered my 7 year old computer didn't have the horsepower to run it, no matter how far to the left I had all the sliders. Excellent product if you have the right rig to run it.

BOOM
January 8th, 2011, 16:14
It's The Goods!!!

Meshman
January 8th, 2011, 18:01
Nobody better tell Moe he just missed the 1/3 off sale... :wiggle:

lifejogger
January 8th, 2011, 18:54
Buy all three packages. it you won't regret.

hey_moe
January 9th, 2011, 02:52
I brought one of them last night and installed it...I am impressed.I was to to tired last night to mess with it. Will post a few screen's today.

icarus
January 9th, 2011, 04:43
usuallt orbx products are fantastic.

txnetcop
January 9th, 2011, 08:02
I was given three of the PNW products for Christmas-WOW! I rarely fly anywhere else!
Ted

hey_moe
January 9th, 2011, 12:17
Who ever said this program makes FSX look like it was suppose to is right.

W. Bleddyn
January 9th, 2011, 12:21
I live in BC so these were a must for me. It literally changed FSX from "pretty cool" to full addiction for me. They are that good.

I have installed a few of the freeware airfields from their site as well and as long as the wife OK's it I will be buying all of their Aus packs and planning a Portland to Canberra via Alaska journey..... now what plane to fly....

hey_moe
January 9th, 2011, 13:00
I don't know that much about BC, would ya mind suggesting a airport to fly from and some good scenery...Mike
I live in BC so these were a must for me. It literally changed FSX from "pretty cool" to full addiction for me. They are that good.

I have installed a few of the freeware airfields from their site as well and as long as the wife OK's it I will be buying all of their Aus packs and planning a Portland to Canberra via Alaska journey..... now what plane to fly....

Daube
January 9th, 2011, 14:08
For short flights, I would recommend you to explore the area situated around Concrete Mun.
Usually, when I feel that need to make a short hop in a good old prop plane, I start from Concrete and fly down to Darrington.
You can also go north to Hope, and if you can't land yet, continue the trip up to Pemberton :)
Same going south of Concrete, take the Mt.Rainier as a point of reference and look for Packwood which is in the valley just behind the tall volcano :)

warchild
January 9th, 2011, 14:26
Mike.. I fly PNW with REX GEX and UTX all loaded and ASE driving the weather.. Running an OC'd Q6600 I've got no complaints at all.. its gorgeous..

W. Bleddyn
January 9th, 2011, 14:33
I don't know that much about BC, would ya mind suggesting a airport to fly from and some good scenery...Mike

It depends what you want really.. small field, large paved, water...

So far I have been mostly flying around down south, Ganges Harbour is quite pretty for seaplanes and I love Raven Field for grass strips, it is very close to Ganges as well. However I recently downloaded the excellent freeware Victoria + which works over top of FTX PNW and makes Victoria and several surrounding airfields much better, it changes my beloved Raven field to one that is actually less realistic according to what I can see on GE, and just not as nice to look at.. tough call though, very large area or one grass strip :banghead:

I use Bella Coola as a starting base for Air Hauler because it is pretty, and keeps me working in BC and the fringes of Alaska/Washington so you may want to give that a try as well. It, and Bella Bella (which is a bit more on the coast and has 2 air/ 2 water strips with FTX) are probably the best central to everything coast wise. One of those would be my suggested starting point, then just explore.

TacomaSailor
January 9th, 2011, 14:33
I have lived in the Puget Sound (Olympia to Bellingham) area for almost 50 years now. I have spent thousands of hours bicycling and driving around the area and even more time on my sailboat.

Every place I fly - LOW & SLOW with the PacNW ORBX scenery is almost perfect compared to what I saw/see in real life.

my i5-750 @3.3 GHz and old tired 8800GTS video card deliver 18 - 25 fps with most scenery options set pretty high. I don't use AI traffic or light bloom but other than that the scenery is just gorgeous.

I thought FSX in the Pac NW was good with TileProxy but it is much, much better with ORBX.

Highly recommend it

hey_moe
January 9th, 2011, 15:28
Thanks for all the suggestion, I will try them all....Mike

Roger
January 9th, 2011, 15:37
These 3 screenshots are from Walter Sutton's farm strip (payware)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/wsvega-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/wswac-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/wsstins-1.jpg

Daube
January 10th, 2011, 05:38
Mike, you might also want to take a look at the freeware scenery package made by OZx, namely OZx NA: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1256-ozx-na-101-installer/
It's a full set of enhanced airfield specifically made for PNW.

Also, you'll find on Hovercontrol a freeware scenery pack nammed "Scar Creek Outsposts". It has several versions, one of them is made for OrbX PNW. It adds small helicopter/STOL airfields around the Scar Creek valley :)

paulb
January 10th, 2011, 06:06
Great pics as usual Roger :applause:

Out of interest, what are the aircraft in the 3 pics? I am always looking for something different to try out! Do any of them have nice VCs?

Daube
January 10th, 2011, 07:00
The first one is the default Lockheed Vega from FS9. It has very nice textures, an excellent 3D model and great clickable virtual cockpit, just like the other historical aircrafts included in FS9.
I have in my FSX hangar the Vega, the Ford Trimotor, the Vickers Vimy, and the FSX-SDK-recompiled Curtis Jenny and DeHavilland Comet, they all work flawlessly in FSX SP2.

olderndirt
January 10th, 2011, 07:33
The middle is, I believe, a Waco and the bottom a Stinson Junior - both by Golden Age.

Roger
January 10th, 2011, 09:01
Great pics as usual Roger :applause:

Out of interest, what are the aircraft in the 3 pics? I am always looking for something different to try out! Do any of them have nice VCs?

Yep, Daube and olderndirt have it right:ernae:

paulb
January 10th, 2011, 10:51
Excellent!

Thank you Daube, olderndirt & Roger :applause:

I now have a new aircraft to fly in PNW - even though this one seems to redefine the meaning of 'slow flying'!

I will check out the others also.

Cheers

Paul

Roger
January 10th, 2011, 12:40
I have to admit that I needed more than the length of Walter Sutton's strip to get the Vega to take off, lol.

Daube
January 10th, 2011, 12:48
Excellent!

Thank you Daube, olderndirt & Roger :applause:

I now have a new aircraft to fly in PNW - even though this one seems to redefine the meaning of 'slow flying'!

I will check out the others also.

Cheers

Paul

You're welcome :)
I've been looking at your screenshot, and in fact I didn't remember the red paint was looking so good... Is it the default repaint or have you downloaded it somewhere ? I'm always flying the white/blue one, that's why :D

paulb
January 10th, 2011, 13:15
You're welcome :)
I've been looking at your screenshot, and in fact I didn't remember the red paint was looking so good... Is it the default repaint or have you downloaded it somewhere ? I'm always flying the white/blue one, that's why :D

Yes, its the default Emelia Erhart livery. I have been pleased with the textures in FSX - I had thought that I might have to change the format/remove the mipmaps etc.

paulb
January 10th, 2011, 13:17
I have to admit that I needed more than the length of Walter Sutton's strip to get the Vega to take off, lol.

And there was me thinking that I had lost my flying skills after I went through the trees at the end of the runway! ;)

Daube
January 10th, 2011, 13:22
Well, that plane sure has big (and heavy) fuel tanks ;)