PDA

View Full Version : nice Skyraider clip

Paul Anderson
January 6th, 2011, 02:03
http://www.clipwings.com/index.php?command=show_video&video_id=971

jstanbro
January 6th, 2011, 06:05
Absolutely nice! Thanks for pointing this out!
Jerry

noddy
January 6th, 2011, 08:07
Nice find, and a great video.

roger-wilco-66
January 6th, 2011, 08:16
Great vid, thanks for sharing! I love the sound of those old radials.
Time to fire up Tims Skyraider once again, I think. I wish there would be alternative soundfiles for it, that sound a bit more like the original.

Cheers,
Mark

Crusader
January 6th, 2011, 13:11
http://www.clipwings.com/index.php?command=show_video&video_id=971

Thanks Paul for sharing . Really enjoyed that . Saved that site in my Favorites for sure .

peter12213
January 6th, 2011, 14:59
Thats the major thing that bugs me about FSX, and its the sloping curved runways, ive never really landed on a flat runway in my flying career there always cambered, and another thing is we never get vibration unless you've got one of those butt kicker things, Great vid just wish FSX was more like that lol! :salute:

roger-wilco-66
January 7th, 2011, 01:09
[...]
and another thing is we never get vibration unless you've got one of those butt kicker things,
[...]
:salute:

Little OT, but since you mentioned it: I mounted two bass shakers to my home office chair, these really rock. Expecially when shooting or getting shot at in Il2. And of course, big recips come great if the sound is good.
I don't use them when my wife is around, though, because she thinks I'm a 45 year old infant (she's right, as always).

Cheers,
Mark

Bone
January 7th, 2011, 06:12
Thats the major thing that bugs me about FSX, and its the sloping curved runways, ive never really landed on a flat runway in my flying career there always cambered, and another thing is we never get vibration unless you've got one of those butt kicker things, Great vid just wish FSX was more like that lol! :salute:

Peter, whereas there are plenty of upsloping, downsloping, humps in the middle, and dips in the middle runways, there are many that are as flat as a pancake.

As far as the vibration is concerned, obviously you've never flown an EMB-120 Brasilia. That sucker vibrated. I knew flight attendants who could orgam while sitting on their jumpseat. In fact, the excessive vibration of the Brasilia was cited as a contributing factor in at least two crashes. The vibration stressed reduction gear box components to failure, causing a prop beta scenario. The most deadly crash happening at Brunswick, GA killing all....including a US senator and an Astronaut.

Anyway, that was a pretty good video.