PDA

View Full Version : Extra copy of Orbx Pacific Northwest

mfitch
January 5th, 2011, 21:24
Christmas left me with two copies of Orbx NA Blue PNW. I bought one and ended up receiving a copy as a gift. Since the FlightSimStore does not do returns/exchanges, I would like to find a way to make the second copy useful. Ideally I would like to sell it at the $27 (US) which I paid (on sale). Any suggestions on how to do so?

Cag40Navy
January 5th, 2011, 21:30
There is NO WAY to sell this download copy legally. Sorry.

OleBoy
January 5th, 2011, 22:34

I don't see any mention that it's a downloaded copy? Maybe he got them on disc.

Cag40Navy
January 5th, 2011, 23:02
Only the downloads were $27. I think discs were around $33.

Aviator32
January 6th, 2011, 02:17
Raffle prize?

mfitch
January 6th, 2011, 09:26

It was download. Thanks for the information. I had wondered if this was the case.

Roger
January 6th, 2011, 09:43
My suggestion would be to go to the support page of the ORBX site and explain your dilemma. If you have the order numbers and dates of purchase then I would assume they will help you. You may even be able to swap it for another ORBX product.

Aviator32
January 6th, 2011, 09:51
In fact there is a post over there right now from someone who made a mistake when purchasing something from the Flightsim Store. It got sorted out eventually.

MarkH
January 6th, 2011, 10:04
My suggestion would be to go to the support page of the ORBX site and explain your dilemma. If you have the order numbers and dates of purchase then I would assume they will help you. You may even be able to swap it for another ORBX product.

I agree. While passing on may technically be against the EULA, it would seem pernicious to enforce the letter of such an agreement in a case like this. There is (or at least was at one time) an argument that EULAs are essentially moral codes anyway, having questionable legal status, and one might take a position of acting in a way that seemed fair.

Deano
January 6th, 2011, 10:18
I don't think it will be a cause for concern if you tell them how it is. Maybe they're still in the Christmas mode :D

Good luck with it mfitch.

JayKae
January 6th, 2011, 11:28
Adrian of FSS tried to post in here but his account is limited still so ...

While it's not generally our policy to refund or exchange for download purchases if you send us a ticket at FSS we'd be happy to see if we can come to some sort of arrangement with your duplicate copy of PNW.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/contact_us.php

Aviator32
January 6th, 2011, 11:49
There you go! You can get Pacific Fjords to go with it!

mfitch
January 6th, 2011, 15:14
Um, wow. They exchanged it rapidly. I have purchased from them before, and clearly I will be happy to do so again. To be so kind to something that was my mistake is notable.

OleBoy
January 6th, 2011, 15:21
Now that's customer dedication :ernae:

Roger
January 6th, 2011, 15:22
Glad it's sorted! Well done Flightsim store:applause:

JayKae
January 6th, 2011, 15:48
Glad we could help you out :)

HighGround22
January 6th, 2011, 16:21
It's little things like this that make me evermore pleasantly amazed by the pervasively high level of the Orbx Team's mindset. Give you a warm and fuzzy -- and a wondrous sense that some people in this world like to play fair!

Cag40Navy
January 6th, 2011, 17:10
Awesome job on both flightsimshop's and ORBx's part!