PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

strega13
January 5th, 2011, 13:19
don't know if anyone has heard about this one but caprica aparently isn't the last of the reinvented galactica on syfy . a green light seems to have been given to the filming of a pilot episode for Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome ,which will happen during the 10 years of the first cylon war .
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/10/28/battlestar-galactica-blood-and-chrome-david-eick/

n4gix
January 6th, 2011, 11:21
Perhaps if "SyFy" were to actually broadcast only SciFi instead of the non-related dreck they do, they'd find themselves with a more dedicated and supportive audience!

Also, basing decisions on the "Nielson Ratings" is sheer folly! I mean, just how representative can statistically insignificant samples* be anyway, considering that many of those "households" may not even have access to a specific channel to begin with!

In the earlier days of television, networks would show a series every week in sequence. Now days, they seem to scattershot each episode willy-nilly, which makes it extremely difficult for the audience to remain "captive" and "engaged," to say nothing about achieving a sense of continuity!

I absolutely love some of the series on these days (such as "The Closer") but am constantly frustrated by the scheduling changes! I mean come on! What's up with showing six episodes, then suddenly re-showing the same episodes over the next six weeks...

...then not showing the next few episodes until months later!!!!!:isadizzy:

* 0.02183% of the total American television households