PDA

View Full Version : might be of interest to real weather fliers in US (or Canada)

Paul Anderson
January 4th, 2011, 14:25
You can put cursor over a spot and see if you want to go there and experience the conditions.
(I'd say nifty, but there'd be a run on people looking up old fart to English translations.)

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/mwmap3.php?map=usa

Brian_Gladden
January 4th, 2011, 15:19
Pretty cool. However I find it slightly disturbing that it is warmer in Hanies Alaska than it is here in Vermont.

Snaker
January 4th, 2011, 16:33
Cool stuff..... thanks for the link. :ernae:

idancesafetydance
January 4th, 2011, 16:44
Pretty cool. However I find it slightly disturbing that it is warmer in Hanies Alaska than it is here in Vermont.

Same here for Wisconsin.

EDIT: Hey wait? why are you complaining. It's a nice 17 degrees average warmer in Vermont than it is here in WI. lol.

CG_1976
January 4th, 2011, 17:18
It's to cold up here so Yellowknife dont show on the map.
-6F -20F windchill -11 dew point

limjack
January 5th, 2011, 07:37
Cool tool!!! Touch and go, Thanks for the heads up.

Jim

TeaSea
January 5th, 2011, 15:57

The Army regularly sends the battalions from Fairbanks and Anchorage to Ft. Drum NY to train....

Not enough snow in Alaska.

BTW this particular NOAA product is my absolute favorite now for real flight planning. Helped me poke my way through a front over Alabama last Thanksgiving coming back from Arkansas.