PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo Studios F9F Panther release imminent!

Deano
January 4th, 2011, 13:58
After many hours of coding, texturing and brain farting, we're happy to say that we are now on final approach for release.

Keep us dialled in.

PS on our F9F forums your able to download the paintkit and product details.

Regards
vstudios Staff

Roger
January 4th, 2011, 14:40
Good news!

hey_moe
January 4th, 2011, 14:56
Yepeeeeee! Can't wait...where my free copy at anyway?

Deano
January 4th, 2011, 15:00
Yepeeeeee! Can't wait...where my free copy at anyway?

Already in the Bag Mr Moe, make sure you email me your email address on our store.

The Panther will be the last release on our store before we start the contract with www.pcsimstore.com and all of our products will be exclusively available from there.

hey_moe
January 4th, 2011, 15:04
Why don't I just give you a credit card number and you can go from there.

Deano
January 4th, 2011, 15:05
Why don't I just give you a credit card number and you can go from there.

Think of it as a new year prezzie

Kiwikat
January 4th, 2011, 15:16
Is the Bearcat 1.2 to follow?

Deano
January 4th, 2011, 15:31
giving a few days or so yes.

There will also be a paint addon as before with the release of the Panther. Details of the addon can be found here : http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?51-F9F-5-Panther-Addon-Paints

BOOM
January 4th, 2011, 15:54
Deano That's Fantastic!! Is a Cougar also in the VertigoStudios plans?

Deano
January 4th, 2011, 16:04
Deano That's Fantastic!! Is a Cougar also in the VertigoStudios plans?

Hi Mr Boom.. yep :)

After the Panther though we're pushing the Carrier out.

mal998
January 4th, 2011, 18:02
drooling, drooling, drooling!

man, oh, man, can't wait for this beauty to be released.

Kiwikat
January 4th, 2011, 18:04
So does "imminent" mean "tonight"?

I think all developers should refrain from using non-specific time adjectives...

dvj
January 4th, 2011, 21:19
Really looking forward to this release. Please don't charge us $45, then 2 months later put it on sale for $5! Sorry folks, I feel a little burnt from the recent sales on late releases from some of the vendors like that IRIS A-10 which became an A-$5 rather quickly.

MenendezDiego
January 4th, 2011, 21:30
Really looking forward to this release. Please don't charge us $45, then 2 months later put it on sale for $5! Sorry folks, I feel a little burnt from the recent sales on late releases from some of the vendors like that IRIS A-10 which became an A-$5 rather quickly.

Yea that really pissed me off

Plus the DCS A-10C Pre-Order with Beta access came out a few days after...I like the Iris A-10A, but 'I think I want my money back'

roger-wilco-66
January 4th, 2011, 22:06
After many hours of coding, texturing and brain farting, we're happy to say that we are now on final approach for release.

Keep us dialled in.

PS on our F9F forums your able to download the paintkit and product details.

Regards
vstudios Staff

Ahh great news, the new year starts good :-)
Count me in on that!

Cheers,
Mark

Shylock
January 4th, 2011, 22:16
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump::jump::jump:

hey_moe
January 5th, 2011, 00:16
Lets not turn this into a bitch thread over someone dropping down a price on their product. Deano has no control over what someone else does about their product. But if later on if he decides to drop the price that is really up to him. Deano has put enough freeware products for our enjoyment in the past nobody in the FS Community can say one word about cost.

expat
January 5th, 2011, 00:57
Looks wonderful. Paints are fabulous. Will be happy to pay fair market value for this one.

Well done Dean for the hard work - it shows.

expat

Aviator32
January 5th, 2011, 01:36
Lets not turn this into a bitch thread over someone dropping down a price on their product. Deano has no control over what someone else does about their product. But if later on if he decides to drop the price that is really up to him. Deano has put enough freeware products for our enjoyment in the past nobody in the FS Community can say one word about cost.

I guess you just earned your free copy!

Are there any links anywhere? Previews? Anything?

hey_moe
January 5th, 2011, 02:03
It really has nothing to do with a free copy, it has something to with with respecting another member.

bruce448
January 5th, 2011, 02:09

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?10-F9F-Panther

Bruce

vora
January 5th, 2011, 02:14

Even videos! (on page 3)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=45863&page=1

edit: aaargh Bruce was faster with a better link

Deano
January 5th, 2011, 02:19
So does "imminent" mean "tonight"?

I think all developers should refrain from using non-specific time adjectives...

It was immiment, and If it fits I shall continue to do so. There was some hold-ups last night at 0200 so it will be finished off today.

Happy New Year to you also ;)

Deano
January 5th, 2011, 02:27

Don't worry dvj your safe with me. The devs that can afford the price drop like that must live in Castles :wiggle:

PS.. the Panther is set at $31.00 / £19.99 / € 23.50

Aviator32
January 5th, 2011, 03:25
http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?10-F9F-Panther

Bruce

Thanks. I watched the videos.

I guess this should be moved to the new Payware sub-forum?
(I'm getting confused with what should be where these days)

I do think it's good to be up front with mods getting free copies though, in the interest of impartiality etc.

Good luck with the release.

Cees Donker
January 5th, 2011, 04:08
I do think it's good to be up front with mods getting free copies though, in the interest of impartiality etc.

I don't know exactly what you mean to say, but in my view it's not positive at all. :icon_eek: I never had a free copy whatsoever, except for the freeware that's availabe to everyone. :crybaby:So what are you implying with impartiality???

:confused:

Cees

Deano
January 5th, 2011, 04:13
Thanks. I watched the videos.

I guess this should be moved to the new Payware sub-forum?
(I'm getting confused with what should be where these days)

Good luck with the release.

I wouldn't have thought so (could be wrong though :) ) as this was only a heads up really on her status. I'll be making a new post once she's released in the pay-ware forum.

Regarding the Free copy, I guess this all started out as a laugh between me and Moe I guess I should be more stern and bolshy (my bad) as it proceeded I thought what the hell.. I'll send him a free copy :)

Regarding Impartiality, I have nothing to gain from it and I don't think Moe has any power to increase sales any regardless how it may sound, I guess I'm to good natured for my own good.

The following statement isn't directed to or has any connection with anyone on these boards (Disclaimer ended)

Its even been known for me to help those who are less fortunate, some people are really in a bad way do to health problems cant afford the full price, ask me when theres a sale on and I knock them the price down allthough there is no sale. To have a customer with a smile on there face although having difficulties is priceless, why should some enjoy life more than the less fortunate.

Aviator32
January 5th, 2011, 04:55
It happens in all walks of life (just not often in public) Don't worry about it! :icon_lol:

I look forward to the release wherever the news is posted or moved to. I'm sure we'll find it.

Deano
January 5th, 2011, 05:02
It happens in all walks of life (just not often in public) Don't worry about it! :icon_lol:

I look forward to the release wherever the news is posted or moved to. I'm sure we'll find it.

I guess so :)

It shouldn't be to much longer now and then she'll be all set.:jump:

bruce448
January 5th, 2011, 06:13
A couple of VC lighting shots whilst waiting for the manual.

Cockpit lighting only
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/WAFU448/Panther%20pics/vclighting.jpg

Panel lighting only
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/WAFU448/Panther%20pics/Panellighting.jpg

Cockpit and Panel lighting
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/WAFU448/Panther%20pics/Panelandcockpitlighting.jpg

Bruce

ryanbatc
January 5th, 2011, 07:23
Yea that really pissed me off

Plus the DCS A-10C Pre-Order with Beta access came out a few days after...I like the Iris A-10A, but 'I think I want my money back'

Haha it was awesome for me!

Cees Donker
January 5th, 2011, 09:39

And what is this supposed to mean? Look here mr Aviator32: you can't just insinuate these things and expect to get away with it by making such a flimsy remark.

Cees

mal998
January 5th, 2011, 09:53
Geez, why don't you guys save this OT discussion for another time and thread. Deano is simply trying to inform the public about the Panther release.

Why not just leave it at that.

Kiwikat
January 5th, 2011, 10:10
Are we there yet? :wavey:

flaviossa
January 5th, 2011, 10:13
I´m pressing f5 every 5 minutes in VStudios website. :icon_lol:
Thanks Deano!

hammer353
January 5th, 2011, 10:15
Great news, I hope it will be released by time i have to go to work.

hey_moe
January 5th, 2011, 10:19
You and me both are doing the same thing...lol...Mike
I´m pressing f5 every 5 minutes in VStudios website. :icon_lol:
Thanks Deano!

Deano
January 5th, 2011, 10:31
Guys..

My public liability doesn't cover RSI, go steady ;)

Im uploading the Paint expansion pack as we speak.

We're getting there now, not much longer..

hey_moe
January 5th, 2011, 10:39
Take your time Dean...it's worth the wait...Mike
Guys..

My public liability doesn't cover RSI, go steady ;)

Im uploading the Paint expansion pack as we speak.

We're getting there now, not much longer..

Kiwikat
January 5th, 2011, 10:43
Ooh the site's down. Must be updating something... :jump:

Now it's back up... maybe we are flooding it? lol

hey_moe
January 5th, 2011, 10:46
LMAO...you ain't right...Mike
Ooh the site's down. Must be updating something... :jump:

Now it's back up... maybe we are flooding it? lol

jankees
January 5th, 2011, 12:00
oh boy, you can buy the paints already, but the aircraft hasn't landed yet...

Kiwikat
January 5th, 2011, 12:11

Woohoo! :icon_lol:

I'll wait to get both at the same time. :ernae:

My F5 key is starting to get tired...

hey_moe
January 5th, 2011, 12:48
Old Dean like to tease us...ain't he a mean-kneeee. BTW, he has already promised me the first download and after I fly it for a while he will open it to you guys...ain't he a sweetie:wavey:

Deano
January 5th, 2011, 13:01
Old Dean like to tease us...ain't he a mean-kneeee. BTW, he has already promised me the first download and after I fly it for a while he will open it to you guys...ain't he a sweetie:wavey:

Hahaha, Mr moe your more of a tease than me. I like your style.

Just going through the Check lists now and simplifying the guides in the PDF

Cag40Navy
January 5th, 2011, 13:32
I can almost taste it now!

bruce448
January 5th, 2011, 14:06
I can almost taste it now!

That's Deans blood sweat and tears you can taste

Bruce

Kiwikat
January 5th, 2011, 14:14
Well I just finished ANOTHER one of those airplane puzzles... :isadizzy:

I hope she's coming s**n! :jump:

Deano
January 5th, 2011, 14:25
2 items remaining in the PDF, Spoilers and Flaps then she'll be uploaded.

gradyhappyg
January 5th, 2011, 14:29
Upload now PDF later.
Never read the manules till I've cracked er up a few times anyway.

Deano
January 5th, 2011, 14:49
when released...

with the interest looking high, please note that the servers may get a little sluggish :running:

Kiwikat
January 5th, 2011, 14:54
15 mins more then we're uploading.

Woot!

flaviossa
January 5th, 2011, 14:55
Deano,
if the download counter reaches the maximun number without a successful download can you look over us? I know you may be too tired to do this on release. If so, i might buy another day when things calm down .... :salute:

Deano
January 5th, 2011, 14:55
15 mins more then we're uploading the Panther, thanks for your understanding.

Deano
January 5th, 2011, 14:56
Deano,
if the download counter reaches the maximun number without a successful download can you look over us? I know you may be too tired to do this on release. If so, i might buy another day when things calm down .... :salute:

don't worry your in safe hands.

Kiwikat
January 5th, 2011, 15:16
The F5 machine has been restarted. Looks like it is real this time, its being uploaded and added to the store! :jump::jump::jump:

Cag40Navy
January 5th, 2011, 15:22
Were getting closer!!

Akatsuki
January 5th, 2011, 15:35
It's been a long time since i wished for a F9F in FSX... And the wait is almost over!

Barfly
January 5th, 2011, 15:53
RTW candidate for subsonic jet legs :)

Kiwikat
January 5th, 2011, 16:31
That must be an enormous file to upload. It's been down for almost 90 mins now... :isadizzy:

flaviossa
January 5th, 2011, 16:31
Okkkkkk ... tomorrow i buy it. Good night everybody! :salute:

Akatsuki
January 5th, 2011, 16:35
That must be an enormous file to upload. It's been down for almost 90 mins now... :isadizzy:
Either that or a last minute issue... Most probably the second guess.

Kiwikat
January 5th, 2011, 16:42
The store will not re-open until 1500 hrs tomorrow GMT Thank you for your patience.

Oh well... off to fly the DC-2 :wiggle:

Deano
January 5th, 2011, 16:43
Sorry guys the upload is taking a hell of a long time tonight, maybe with all the additional traffic.

The upload is fluctuating from 70 to 150 mins so I'm unable to put a time on it.

The time is now 0141 hrs GMT

Im going to have to cease release of the panther until 1500 GMT tomorrow.

Please accept my apologies.

dvj
January 5th, 2011, 16:54

As I said, looking forward to the release. It's not an issue of cost, it's an issue of discounted pricing shortly after a product introduction. Nuff said on the topic here. :salute:

gradyhappyg
January 5th, 2011, 20:38
Ok who started the nasty rumor that I was patient cause I'm not?
Nope not at all.
Grrrrrrrrrrrr........

1500 hrs tomorrow GMT Thank you for your patience.

Kiwikat
January 5th, 2011, 20:45
It was pretty anti-climactic I gotta say...

I'll still be buying the base pack and paints sometime tomorrow. :jump:

crashaz
January 5th, 2011, 20:53
Tommorrow we will all be doing the happy dance when we are shootin and trappin!

Really looking forward to what you are going to be doing with Big E.... I am going to be all over that ship looking around at details and features... for some more ideas to add to future carriers I have in mind.

B-25 hopefully is in the queue as well since we have Doolittle Raid anniversary coming in April.
We can work up scenery ahead of time if we know it's coming!!

Hmm... reminds me we will need a paint kit for BigE.... so we can have Yorktown and Hornet..... well as close an approximation to Hornet as she was much different then her sisters.

Landing in a Vertigo SBD-3 in prewar colors approaching deck with big YKTN letters approaching fast on the deck! Awesome!!:jump:

Til then I am going to be enjoying what there is in the Vertigo stables.... and that is a ton of sweet aircraft!

YoYo
January 5th, 2011, 23:44
" Site off-line Vertigo Studios is currently under maintenance. The store will not re-open until 1500 hrs tomorrow GMT Thank you for your patience. "

:(

Aviator32
January 6th, 2011, 02:20
I'm glad I didn't waste any stimulants trying to stay up :icon_eek:

BOOM
January 6th, 2011, 02:52
Deano Buddy,No Worries,S%^T Happens,One day closer to the weekend anyway so I can spend some"Quality" Time with this Baby!!:jump:
Thx for all your[and Vertigo Team] hard work.

noddy
January 6th, 2011, 04:54
She is up in the VS store.

Kowalski65
January 6th, 2011, 04:59
Just got her :jump::jump:

flaviossa
January 6th, 2011, 05:12
Just got it too! Waiting the liberation of the links .... :ernae:
EDIT: Downloading now .... shame that i only can fly this bird when i go home 8 hours from now ..... :(

robcap
January 6th, 2011, 07:49
Oh well... off to fly the DC-2 :wiggle:LOL:ernae:

Cleartheprop
January 6th, 2011, 08:50
[edit] comment moved to release thread