PDA

View Full Version : Didn't want to start this thread

TomSteber
January 4th, 2011, 08:08
Hi everyone,
I was hoping to not have to start this thread, but I believe it's time.
My mom is in critical condition in ICU. Has been for the past few days.
The doctors believe she has ARDS and I just received the phone call saying they may have to put on a ventilator. She's 81 and this is looking more and more like this is it.
I've been with her everyday driving back and forth. She's about an hour away.
Very hard to watch. Right now she's on a pressurized oxygen mask. Last step before going to a ventilator. It makes it very difficult for her to communicate with us. Right now I'm waiting for my wife to get done with work and off we go again. My two oldest brothers are there with her and my other brother is flying in tonight.

I guess I'm just asking those of you who believe in God and the power of prayer for your prayers. Her name is Mary Alice.

We just are praying for her peace and for her to be comfortable. She is a very faith filled woman as is our whole family. All the preparations for after are already in place.
It's all in God's hands now.

Thanks

Ickie
January 4th, 2011, 08:45
Tom I am really sorry to hear this, my thoughts go out to you.

johnh_049
January 4th, 2011, 09:06
Very sorry to hear this. prayers out for you and your mom.

Cazzie
January 4th, 2011, 09:08
Prayers out for you Tom. been with my mom this morning at the doc's. Not as bad as your situation friend, simply duty.

Caz

Daveroo
January 4th, 2011, 09:28
Tom..i hope things go the way they should for her sake...you and your family need prayers and well wishes too...i wish all of you well and godspeed

brad kaste
January 4th, 2011, 09:55
...Tom,...my thoughts and prayers will go out to your mom,...Mary Alice.

n4gix
January 4th, 2011, 10:00
I will of course add your mom's needs to my daily prayer cycle.

OBIO
January 4th, 2011, 10:28
Tom

You have my thoughts and prayers as well.

Tim

hurricane3
January 4th, 2011, 10:39
Tom ,having lost both my parents I know what your going through,just take some comfort in the fact that whatever the outcome she is in Gods hands.

lifejogger
January 4th, 2011, 13:39
Tom your mom will certainly be in our prayers.

gigabyte
January 4th, 2011, 14:56
Tom, all my prayers and best wishes, keep the faith, support her and your family the best you can that is all anyone can hope to do!

TARPSBird
January 4th, 2011, 15:05
Tom, very sorry to hear about your Mom's condition. We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

hey_moe
January 4th, 2011, 15:12
Tom I feel for you and it also is very stressful to watch something like this and you can't do one thing to help.My prayers are with you and your family.

paiken
January 4th, 2011, 15:45
Warm fuzzies headed your way Tom...

Milton Shupe
January 4th, 2011, 16:05
Tom, I too have lost both my parents. Although my father went first and was the hardest for me, when Mothers are in this condition, it just breaks my heart. They give of themselves their whole life, loving, nurturing, teaching, doctoring, encouraging, and the list goes on. Then the time comes when we must reflect on all the wonderful things she brought into our lives, and try hard to remember when she was young and vibrant. She has come a long way in 81 years, seen a lot, done a lot, given a lot, and run the good race, fought the good fight, and it is near time for her rewards. Cherish the memories, tell her you love her, and appreciate her for all the love she shared, and for all the labours borne. It is time to be proud for her journey, for her contributions, and for all the love she shared. Shower her with loving rewards, share your sweetest memories with her, thank her for all she has meant to you and family. Say it now, say it lovingly, say it quietly. Relish the time you have, share the love. Bless you all.

andersel
January 4th, 2011, 17:56
Tom, My thoughts are with you in what can only be an incredibly difficult time. Best wishes to both you and your Mom. LA

Allen
January 4th, 2011, 18:18
Damm... so much for 2011 being better than 2010. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon9.png

Tom Clayton
January 4th, 2011, 18:42
Prayers from here too!

norab
January 4th, 2011, 19:38
I will keep Mary Alice and your family in my prayers. May od help you all through this time

TomSteber
January 4th, 2011, 19:54
Thanks everyone.
Mom is at peace now.
She decided she'd had enough and didn't want to fight anymore.
We were all there except one brother who was on a plane coming home.
She bravely and faithfully and very peacefully met her maker at 6:30 this evening.
I'd like to really thank all of you who responded and for your prayers.
I'm sure that they helped.

Tom

txnetcop
January 4th, 2011, 19:59
Your family will be in our prayers Tom
Ted

robert41
January 4th, 2011, 20:07
Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

warchild
January 4th, 2011, 20:08
you have my deepest and most heartfelt condolences tom. You and your family will remain in my prayers also..
Pam

hews500d
January 4th, 2011, 20:09
Tom, I pray that God will give you and your family the strength and love you need to face the coming days. Even though it's hard, I'm sure she is in a much better place now where there is no pain or suffering.

Darrell

Alan_A
January 4th, 2011, 21:06
My thoughts are with you and with her. Peace.

rayrey10
January 4th, 2011, 21:15
Tom

Our deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences!

Ray

Lionheart
January 4th, 2011, 21:58
May she rest in awesome and incredible, unimaginable peace Tom. A land of no more tears, a place of friends and family.

May you and your loved ones, family and friends, get through this time of seeing a loved one off.

OBIO
January 4th, 2011, 22:17
Tom

I am sorry to hear this news. I recently posted similar news about my father-in-law, who passed last Tuesday morning.

You Mom is now at peace, free from pain, free from suffering.

It is those of us who are left behind who are hurting, and who will hurt for a while at the loss of someone near and dear.

Tim

norab
January 5th, 2011, 03:20
saddened to hear this, but now she has found peace and I pray you and your loved ones will also

HouseHobbit
January 5th, 2011, 03:42
I shall hold Your family and Mother in my Prayers, I am as all very sorry to hear this also..

mariereid
January 5th, 2011, 04:25
That's too bad Tom. Comfort each other. I find the great thing about be a believer is that we KNOW our departed ones are in a much better place. Still, we miss them. :salute:

SabreAce
January 5th, 2011, 04:25
My condolences and prayers to you and your family, Tom.

Navy Chief
January 5th, 2011, 05:30
So sorry to hear that Tom. It is so hard to lose a parent. She is at peace now though.

NC

hurricane3
January 5th, 2011, 05:56
Tom am very sory to hear of your loss ,I just lost two friends to cancer within two weeks and both being fairly young, you wonder why this has to be, but your Mom lived a full life and was part of the greatest generation,she's now at peace ,no more pain or suffering, be happy for her and the time she spent here.

Trans_23
January 5th, 2011, 07:26
Sorry to hear of your loss Tom. My condolences to you and your family.

Daveroo
January 5th, 2011, 07:44
sorry for your loss tom,myself and my family send condolances...i still say celibrate the life she had dont mourn the day she went...

brad kaste
January 5th, 2011, 08:27
Hey Tom,
I lost my father first some years ago which was quite hard to deal with. The grief came over me in tidal waves. However,...my cousin said something simply to me that made all the difference. "It happens to be Uncle Alton's time to go." How true. Hope this brings a bit of comfort. Also,...even though you mom has passed,....Milton S. stated it so well how a loving parent can make a profound impact on one's life.
Best Regards,
-Brad

n4gix
January 5th, 2011, 11:14
Thanks everyone.
Mom is at peace now.
She decided she'd had enough and didn't want to fight anymore.

A Novena of Masses will be offered for your Mom.

It will be hardest for the brother who didn't make it in time. Be certain to give him lots of support.

I've had the dubious honor of having outlived all of my (close) relatives. Frankly it stinks. All I can do now is to continue to honor their memory by living the rest of my own life as they had expected of me.

Eoraptor1
January 5th, 2011, 12:31
Tom,

My condolences to you and all your family.

JAMES

N2056
January 5th, 2011, 16:08
Tom, I am truly sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. I lost mine a few years ago. I know there's not much I can say to help ease the pain, but what I will offer is that it helped me to know that Moms get a special place in Heaven. I will offer prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

God Bless,
Robert

Chacha
January 5th, 2011, 20:19
Rent in Peace Mary Alice!

Tom, Hannah and I are keeping you and your family in prayer!

Gdavis101
January 5th, 2011, 20:54
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family..