PDA

View Full Version : AI Ships - forward motion - KC-135

Seahawk72s
January 4th, 2011, 06:28
It seemed logical that a KC-135 in AI Ships would be a good way to
try aerial refueling. The problem is that sometimes the aircraft will not move.
I can press that forward selection and nothing happens. The times that it does works
having the KC-135 with drog flying at 270 @ 10,000 ft looks pretty nice.

Has anyone else seen this issue and if so heard of any solution..?

Thanks,
tc

halvar342
January 4th, 2011, 07:06
Wow, that idea is very new to me. I tried to set up AI Tankers for my Superhornet und several other planes and failed all the time.

How did you got the AI Plane with the altitude into the AI Carrier Menu?

Bone
January 4th, 2011, 07:10
How did you got the AI Plane with the altitude into the AI Carrier Menu?

Good question. I tried to set up an AR in AI Carriers, but it didn't work. Obviously, I didn't try hard enough.

navychief8
January 4th, 2011, 09:59
If you are trying to use this tanker in AI Carriers, then you must use it over the water or it wont move. It is like having a giant tether from the plane down to an invisble ship. If you have downloaded the USS Macon project, there is an AI version which is done the same way. If the invisible ship hits land it stops the airship also.

jagl04
January 4th, 2011, 11:06
I tried this trick too. I modified an AI KC 135 using modelconverterX (freeware, downloadable from FSdeveloper) to set the altitude. Then I created an AI "ship" setting the speed in the sim.cfg file and finally I modified the cfg file of AIcarriers with the adequate entry. I had this idea when I saw the SH60 flying near the Nimitz. But I stopped using it because the plane stopped suddenly many times. Now I know why. I suppose this can be used only to refuel over the sea.

Seahawk72s
January 4th, 2011, 11:11
Thanks NavyChief8, that was the problem.!

Flying over Pudget Sound would definitely make it hit or miss..

crashaz
January 4th, 2011, 11:30
Maybe contact AICarriers creator about making a modification and call it AITankers.

AndyE1976
January 4th, 2011, 15:08
seems like that would be a really cool idea and potentially a small code change for the developer!