PDA

View Full Version : Pantelleria and the Pelagic Islands

Rami
January 3rd, 2011, 17:34
Good evening,

Jean Bomber has released some new scenery for the Tunisia region consisting of LOD 9 mesh, and a complete revision of Pantelleria, as well as other islands in the narrows between Sicily and Tunisia.

Thanks, Jean Bomber, but you've incidentally thrown a monkey wrench into Tuskegee and Beaus in the Sand, it looks like I'll have to go back and redo those missions yet again, as well as make other modifications!

Ah well...progress is progress! Thanks for the update on Morocco as well!

Jean Bomber
January 3rd, 2011, 17:37
Hi to all!
....and Happy new year, Santé! :ernae:

Pantelleria and the Pelagic Islands are finished, while Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia are in waiting, already advanced but not completed...

These little islands was very useful places to understand and test some new stuffs like about the waterclass and how to play with them using some "water sceneries," "Fringing & Cay Reef," are the water used for Truk and The UncleTgt Adamans Nicobar and "Stream_Lake" is the Otis's PacTex "River Delta Set" modified to have some dirty and trouble water, not very visible here except in the Pantelleria port, that will be more visible in the Morocco streams or lakes or perhaps one day for the Seine.....

These sceneries could be used by other designer to add some tons of color to the water of already existing sceneries and that for all around the world ...:mixedsmi:

There was also some interesting cliffs that needed to use lod9 and flattens for them and force me, by the small size of the Lampedusa island, to not use flatten for the Cavallo Bianco airfield and make it using the natural ground level(s) and to use another way to do for g2k the mask in 8bit that give an unperfect rendering less than the classical MR's style,at the end all that give a very bumpy runway with some holes....:jump:...:bump:...

There are also the unreleased Wolfi's "African houses" he had generously built, asking I was for some more typical buildings,THANKS TO YOU, :ernae: a part of a new African set in progress, still need some texture search, they will come with the next sceneries .....

I've tried to do a light civilian gsl that don't affect f.e the Quick Combat it will give place to add some military layouts for the mission builders

In the gsl the lighthouses flash in the night.....

The sceneries are made as a "stand alone," they should work without Afnor I installed, but it's better to install Afnor I in first and then paste these new sceneries, some textures have been upgraded since.

If you have any issues, here is the place for the help!

Here some pics http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

JP

watchdog22
January 4th, 2011, 03:13
Thank you Jean Bomber those screenshots look fantastic! I can't wait to download and install.

MaskRider
January 4th, 2011, 03:35
Just beautiful, JP! Love the way you handled the texturing of the cliffs. Very nice.

Chris

JapLance
January 4th, 2011, 04:59
It looks great in the pictures, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it as good-looking in my install.

I'm 99% there, but I still get the dreaded green and brown squares in Pantelleria (Lampedusa, Linosa and Lampione look fine), despite I followed the instructions copying the full ../scenedb/world/texture folder into ../TEXTURE

Am I missing something somewhere? What is it?.

kdriver
January 4th, 2011, 08:07
Thank you very much JP. I've just installed the scenery and it's magnificent.

One texture, vrbanksu.bmp, is 86.3 KB instead of 86.4 KB. Could this cause a problem?

KD

Jean Bomber
January 4th, 2011, 08:49
Thanks Japlance to have pointed these inexpected square I 've do a fix that was poly linked in a wrong folder and the bmp missing...

One texture, vrbanksu.bmp, is 86.3 KB instead of 86.4 KB. Could this cause a problem?

I've replaced it with a 86.4 KB bmp, the 86.3 KB cause sometimes CTD ....

If that fix is OK (I've tested it ...) and Japlance confirm it I'll upload it tonight in SOH library

JP

Rami
January 4th, 2011, 09:07
Jean bomber,

No need to upload a patch, let me know and I can adjust the download, my friend.

JapLance
January 4th, 2011, 10:13
Thanks Japlance to have pointed these inexpected square I 've do a fix that was poly linked in a wrong folder and the bmp missing...

I've replaced it with a 86.4 KB bmp, the 86.3 KB cause sometimes CTD ....

If that fix is OK (I've tested it ...) and Japlance confirm it I'll upload it tonight in SOH library

JP

You're welcome, Jean.

Now everything works at 100%, and looks great (as usual in your work :salute:), so the fix works perfect.

JapLance
January 4th, 2011, 10:33
Something I've just realised.

The text to add to the airbases.dat doesn't have any airfield ID numbers (id=xxxx). Wouldn't it be better that you give them all an ID, so everybody has the same ones?.

I don't know if airfield creators have a certain code to assign numbers to the airfields. All in my Miediterranean install have numbers in the 8xxx.

Rami
January 4th, 2011, 10:39
Something I've just realised.

The text to add to the airbases.dat doesn't have any airfield ID numbers (id=xxxx). Wouldn't it be better that you give them all an ID, so everybody has the same ones?.

I don't know if airfield creators have a certain code to assign numbers to the airfields. All in my Mediterranean install have numbers in the 8xxx.

Japlance,

When I install the scenery this evening, I will take care of this and post a new "Master" MTO airbase.dat

Jean Bomber
January 4th, 2011, 11:31
Hi and thanks to all !
I've hoped to upload before the end of the year ,the scenery is flyable since a while but needed to check all the files,fixed some, etc....forgotten one ....:mix-smi:...even with a test on a fresh cfs2 (that was not buggy because I've had the ciment.bmp in the main ../cfs2/texture,... like a insurance...)...and need to do the "install read me" I've begun it yesterday :kilroy: and completed it,uploaded and posted this morning "Today 03:37 " in local time ,was a little bit :sleep:....
.....Fix the bug de "5 à 7"....

No need to upload a patch, let me know and I can adjust the download, my friend.

Andrew You are the boss about the library, Do it as you know ! :salute: JapLance had confirmed it the fix is ok,need to copy /paste Afnor_Scen and Afnor_Bases on the Afnor_sceneries in the zip that would fix and will correct afnorI ,about the suspect ,86.3 KB ,vrbanksu.bmp.

JP

Rami
January 4th, 2011, 12:15
Jean Bomber,

Flying around your new scenery, I am absolutely stunned at its quality. Your work leaves me speechless. Installation was easy, no problems there....but the whole thing just makes me grin with admiration.

I LOVE the bumpy uphill runway! Just a real cool effect, something that's a bit unexpected!

I will provide a updated MTO airbase.dat for you fellas this evening.

Rami
January 4th, 2011, 13:07
To all,

Here is an updated "Master" MTO airbase.dat for the late Med (1943 - )

Rami
January 4th, 2011, 13:11
To all,

And here is one for the Early Mediterranean (1939 - 1942)

Jagdflieger
January 4th, 2011, 17:17
Rami,

Can you attach the new file to a post?

Thanks.

Rami
January 4th, 2011, 18:23
Jagd,

Done.

Jean Bomber
January 5th, 2011, 03:17
Hi to all!
The cliffs of Lampedusa was one of the main challenge of this scenery ,the scenery works perfectly in lod8 ,so I 'm not particuly monomaniac about the lod9 but I try to always draw my g2k projects on the higher lod9 mesh,and particulary these special places why very marked reliefs.
The difference between the two level of detail is showed on the Lampedusa cliffs pics ,the first in lod8,without flattens, and the second in lod 9,with flattens needed to cut on the mesh mass to have the cliffs near of the real by its position,look to the roads and the cliffs (a vtp1 line)texture completly flat in lod8,the roads (their real positions) in the near border of the cliffs standing up in lod9.
Surely lod9 cost some fps and on heavy missions it could be better to desactive the lod9 ,but sometimes I've noticed that only a group or only one object , planes ,ship ...can shoot down severely the fps on a scenery even without mesh lod9 or 8,7,5....It's because of that I love the Wolfi's objects ,they are optimized to be used in numbers ,they are the standard http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.png .They are some other designers that work on the same way and offer a large choice of objects ,like Xavier,Lindsay Watt ,Brunosk,psully ...I forget some ...thanks to you for your work.:ernae:
The cliffs and their flattens that close completly Lampedusa and the island is so straight all that force me to do the runway without flatten , used in the classical "blended" method ,I have used a linked vtp1 poly in g2k and the mask is in 8 bit with alpha,I find the redering poor comparing of the dxt3 "classical" mask....forced but finally I like this bumpy effect :jump:

JP

Jean Bomber
January 8th, 2011, 15:07
Hi to all !
there are something I've forgotten to add in a "read me" about the a16n flattens and how they can to shot down a scenery if not done for....

If you have the Sdc's Eurw installed you'll have some conflicts between the Eurw flattens 951180A16N.bgls and 951190A16N.bgl(all the sander's bgls are Lod5 sized and named as their N°)in../Eurw/scenery and with the A16n,flattens,done for this new scenery that are in these commons lod5s.

951180A16N.bgl (Pantelleria and West Sicilia).
In waiting,to prevent that and see this scenery with its own flattens,it's needed to desactive by remove/hidde the 951180A16N.bgl.
In waiting ,because,looking the 951180A16N.Scasm,I think It's possible to localize and erase the txt lines that Concern Pantelleria and recompile a new 951180A16N.bgl to do this scenery compatible with the Sdc's Euro scenery(Sicilia) on this lod5.

951190A16N.bgl (Pelagics and Malta)
I Think you can remove completly This second a16n bgl because it covers only these islands and a little part of the East coast of Tunisia and all that concern Malta had been already corrected/removed by Sander since the Malta and Gozo project was done,So the only lines,flattens and Watermasks that stay are for the areas of this new scenery and the Tunisia is planned in future for Afnor.

That concerns only the flatten a16n bgls,The Islands have their own vtp1 exclude.bgls that work excluding the Eurw coasts and roads,I've the Eurw scenery installed and have tested all on it by removing only this two a16n.bgls .

Another way would be to do a specific Eurw_Flattens/scenery folder,where will go all the 9xxxxxA16N.bgl,and set it up this in the cfs2 library,then you could active/desactive the Eurw_Flattens in the cfs2 library without go each time in the.../Eurw/scenery folder in the main install.
I will do a new a 951180A16N.bgl,also give a look to 951190A16N.Scasm....,to do them completly compatible ,there is the same issue in other lod5s ,around Bizerte and some other places,in the south boundaries of the Eurw scenery.

JP

Jean Bomber
January 9th, 2011, 13:47
Good evening !

Today i 've give a look to the scasm and have hand edit it to make a new 951180A16n bgl for the Sdc's Eurw/scenery.
With this new bgl you can have Eurw and Afnor Pantelleria installed without flattens conflicts.
I've tested it but if there is any issue get me informed
attached the Eurw_951180_a16n.zip

About 951190A16n the best would be to delete all the 951190_rd, _cst, _lwm and a16n bgls because the part of Tunisia in this lod5 is covered by the Desert_scenery_beta and have coast lines and masks ,the pelagics are their own stuffs.
Malta and Gozo look better without the eurw flattens,that i find a little bit agressive for the cliffs at the SW, they have their lines and masks,Marg had done a remarquable work in this time making the Islands without to use flattens except for the south harbor that have one to be hand edit in the cfs2 scenery.cfg but it seems keeping a dump ...could need some adjustements.

JP

Rami
January 9th, 2011, 14:01
Jean Bomber,

Thanks, but I'm confused. Perhaps it's the way I ordered my scenery.cfg, but I've not had any problems with flatten conflicts with either your scenery or Brunosk's. :isadizzy:

Jean Bomber
January 9th, 2011, 14:17
It's only on the flatten level
Pantelleria does not work properly with the original 951180A16n bgl in Sdc's Eurw/scenery.(and BTW Lampedusa with 951190A16n bgl)
Sdc have done flattens in this area ,perhaps not visible the first time or perhaps too much....,but these increase the cliffs and false the results where I've only use flattens ,in this scenery ,on the SP harbor keeping the natural of the mesh .
This new bgl will correct that for Pantelleria and the 951180 lod 5 .:)
The problem will be the same for Bizerte and Tunis about the 950180xxx.bgl,it's something i need to take care....

JP

Rami
January 9th, 2011, 18:18
Jean Bomber,

Thank you for clarifying. And as promised, I included the texture and .bgl fix on the previous page to your scenery package, so it has been updated, per your request.

kdriver
January 9th, 2011, 18:41
Hi JP,

Pantelleria looks absolutely perfect now. Lampedusa looks like the picture you posted above with the LOD8 mesh - I'm looking forward to the flatten correction for that island.

Should the Rhumbaflappy European coastal flattens (if installed) be deactivated for this scenery? If so, I can go through them and pick out the ones which need to be deleted.

Kevin

skylane
January 9th, 2011, 23:52
JB, this is fantastic! Many Thanks!

kelticheart
January 10th, 2011, 03:05
Hi JB!

Sorry for this late reply, but I took a small leave of absence from my pc since Jan 1st. My eyesight was suffering from staring into the screen while doing the stock Japanese skin repaints, me eyes needed rest.

Thank you very much, this scenery is absolutely amazing! An incredible, photorealistic job!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

:medals: :medals:

Perhaps, one day, all of CFS2 WWII theatres will look like this...... :jump:

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Jean Bomber
January 10th, 2011, 04:11
Thanks you friends for your support

Perhaps, one day, all of CFS2 WWII theatres will look like this...... :jump:

That will take time but it's possible,the old combat sim have ressources to do that....
...That will need for Rami and his misions and campaigns some future updated ....:isadizzy:...sorry for that .....:kilroy:.....:icon_lol:

Should the Rhumbaflappy European coastal flattens (if installed) be deactivated for this scenery? If so, I can go through them and pick out the ones which need to be deleted.

They will need to be deactived they were made from the cfs2 default masks,before the Sdc's Eurw that have their own flattens and before Rhumbaflappy cfs2 watermasks that don't have flattens.
These flatten interactions between several sceneries was something that could false the result wanted.

cheers:ernae:
JP

Rami
January 13th, 2011, 13:52
Jean Bomber,

I removed Sander's files for Lampedusa as instructed, but I know this doesn't look right. Can you please point me in the right direction here? :isadizzy:

Thanks,

Jean Bomber
January 13th, 2011, 14:37
Hi Rami

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon5.png Jean Bomber...Fringing reef?

Jean Bomber,

I removed Sander's files for Lampedusa as instructed, but I know this doesn't look right. Can you please point me in the right direction here? :isadizzy:

Thanks,

Sorry I prefer reply in this thread ....
About the Sander's files:
the 951190A16n.bgl ,the flatten bgl, had no reason to be in the Eurw/scenery,Lampedusa Malta and the others Islands work better without this bgl.
the others 951190lwm_3 ,951190cst_8 and 951190rd_8 could stayin the Eurw/scenery but they are double coastlines in Tunisia if Desert_scenery is installed,Lampedusa and pelagic have their lines exclude bgls and Sander had corrected and removed all the lines and masks to keep the Malta Gozo scenery work properly.
So these bgls ,today ,could be deleted the three sceneries would work without them.

Fringing&Cay Reef is a scenery folder to set up in the cfs2 lib ,and it have its texture folder so I understand what's happened :kilroy: ....Where is it ??
If someone else have this issue get us informed

JP

Rami
January 13th, 2011, 14:48
Hi Rami

Sorry I prefer reply in this thread ....
About the Sander's files:
the 951190A16n.bgl ,the flatten bgl, had no reason to be in the Eurw/scenery,Lampedusa Malta and the others Islands work better without this bgl.
the others 951190lwm_3 ,951190cst_8 and 951190rd_8 could stayin the Eurw/scenery but they are double coastlines in Tunisia if Desert_scenery is installed,Lampedusa and pelagic have their lines exclude bgls and Sander had corrected and removed all the lines and masks to keep the Malta Gozo scenery work properly.
So these bgls ,today ,could be deleted the three sceneries would work without them.

Fringing&Cay Reef is a scenery folder to set up in the cfs2 lib ,and it have its texture folder so I understand what's happened :kilroy: ....Where is it ??
If someone else have this issue get us informed

JP

Jean Bomber,

I have done this as directed.

Jean Bomber
January 13th, 2011, 14:56
....Where is it ??

What is the location of this bug ?

JP

Rami
January 13th, 2011, 15:00
Jean Bomber,

This is the fringing reef, located just off of Lempedusa. The island itself is fine, I just think the reef shouldn't look like that.

Jean Bomber
January 13th, 2011, 15:17
Rami ,

have you an aerial view of the damages :icon_lol:.

JP

Rami
January 14th, 2011, 07:06
Rami ,

have you an aerial view of the damages :icon_lol:.

JP

I'm not sure what you mean. :isadizzy:

Could you post a screen shot so I know what it is supposed to look like?

UncleTgt
January 14th, 2011, 08:22
Rami,

Switch to Top Down & take a screenshot whilst overhead. If you shift Z the pic will also give JP the long & lat.

At work right now but this is a (bad) example ...

Jean Bomber
January 14th, 2011, 09:02
I'm not sure what you mean. :isadizzy:

Could you post a screen shot so I know what it is supposed to look like?

Hi Rami,
here from the air ,How must be Lampedusa ,with the "Fringing&Cay Reef" water touch around.
Some miles west of Lampedusa there is the very small Lampione,the Lighthouse Island.
Perhaps the reef you've talked about...

...If you shift Z the pic will also give JP the long & lat.....

Thanks Uncle :salute:,good advice that will help to locate this very weird bug ....:mix-smi:

JP

Rami
January 15th, 2011, 05:22
This is what I see in a "top down" view.

Jean Bomber
January 15th, 2011, 09:01
Hi Rami ,very weird indeed ....
There is something to have with the landclass,951190_LC.bgl,I will give a look ....will try to reproduce the effect....not easy to do ....
....so I search way...

...I removed Sander's files for Lampedusa as instructed, but I know this doesn't look right.
Is it since you've removed the 951190xxx Eurw bgls you have this bug ?

JP

Jean Bomber
January 16th, 2011, 05:31
Hi Rami

I don't know which angle to take to resolve this issue,even to reproduce it ....so we can begin to try something with Lampione...
The Landclass seems merge under the waterclass as if there is a landmask under ,but there is a not so large , the island itself have its own....
I've noticed that I've done the water mask more straight than the surface where i've altered the Landclass ,so I've made a new one ,to see if a largest Watermask could cure this particular case ,the scenery seeming to work,most of the time and the cases , in the diverse installs,with or not afnorI installed,and,with or not Eurw installed (except about the flattens already explained why in the previous posts),I've tested in all this configuration that works and I've never seen this weird case before.:kilroy:
Here a new LAMPIONE_3.bgl attached to test if there is a link with this issue.

JP

Rami
January 16th, 2011, 07:58
Is it since you've removed the 951190xxx Eurw bgls you have this bug ?

JP

Jean Bomber,

Yes, it has been since I removed those .bgl files.

Also, the Lampione fix works, so I thank you for that!

Jean Bomber
January 16th, 2011, 09:24
Also, the Lampione fix works

Really..?
That could be caused by the previous watermasks too shorted around conjuged with a position in the hierarcy level of the diverses sceneries ,I think about the Fringing&Cay Reef and Stream_Lake sceneries that work better if they have a level like the bases and airfields scenery on top of the all other terrain or LCWC sceneries ,they are water sceneries to give the last touch on the others existing waterclasses,the last layers.
Try this new one zip,that'll replace the previous,there are all the xxxx_3.bgl of the scenery,the watermasks enlarged of all the islands,I hope that will prevent the bug even if the sceneries are not at their best hierarchy level in the scenery.cfg.

JP

JP

Rami
January 16th, 2011, 19:39
Jean Bomber,

Yes, that works...

...but I decided to put Sander's flattens back in. The main reason why is that even with the .bgl fixes, there was still a "box-like" form to the .bgl area, so there was a sharp rectangular texture distinction between the blended reef water in the .bgl fix that you did and the surrounding water elsewhere in the Med.

Also, I noticed that taking out the 951190 .bgl files causes rectangular squares to appear in front of Valetta harbor on Malta.

Though leaving the flattens in causes some very minor flatten edges in this scenery, leaving them in actually seems to create less problems for me.

Jean Bomber
January 17th, 2011, 08:53
Jean Bomber,

Yes, that works...

...but I decided to put Sander's flattens back in. The main reason why is that even with the .bgl fixes, there was still a "box-like" form to the .bgl area, so there was a sharp rectangular texture distinction between the blended reef water in the .bgl fix that you did and the surrounding water elsewhere in the Med.

Also, I noticed that taking out the 951190 .bgl files causes rectangular squares to appear in front of Valetta harbor on Malta.

Though leaving the flattens in causes some very minor flatten edges in this scenery, leaving them in actually seems to create less problems for me.

Hi Rami,

to put Sander's flattens back in is the worst thing to do to have the results wanted,that I try to explain since some posts,keep all the other 951190 .bgl files if you want but burn these outdated flattens here some pics to compare with and without the 951190A16n.bgl.

the first without ...,It's like that is the original Marg Malta SW coasts ,only the mesh ,masks and lines,released at the times without any A16n except one for the harbor.

the second pics Malta with...,It's that I found a little agressive about these flattens the cliffs are here but synthetic and not at the right place ,Marg have made his project from real locations sources and the Eurw scenery had been from the FS9 files that as we know are wrong in term of accuracy and real placement.

The last pic show Lampedusa with ....,Look at the Lighthouse http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon22.gif ....and the houses on top...the roads up and down.... and the cliffs ....all fallen ,very agressive and I think also about the hours spent to make them stand up....

Linosa is damaged also but less .
So I advice to All to not use this 951190A16n.bgl with these sceneries ,it have simply no utility today ,see also about the difference in term of fps between the two Malta pics.
the other 951190xxx.bgls can stay,they will give a only double coasts in a little part of a very little island in front of Tunisia if you have the desert scenery where I've not done exclude bgls for that.

About the squared water textures,try with an other set of texture in your cfs2/scenedb/world/texture just to look the result or with your water set and only the 951190lwm.bgl.

JP

Rami
January 17th, 2011, 10:40
Jean Bomber,

I understand that, but I found the "water box" around the islands, even with the fixed .bgl files, to be even more annoying.

Jean Bomber
January 17th, 2011, 11:28
Jean Bomber,

I understand that, but I found the "water box" around the islands, even with the fixed .bgl files, to be even more annoying.

Now the water boxe is another issue,It's a texture issue ,perhaps a scenery level ,a texture bmp set,
desactive the Fringing&Cay Reef scenery if you prefer but don't use the 951190A16n.bgl the flatten is the most killer for the scenery and I say that for all the users !
The new watermasks _3.bgl could upgrade the previous in the Zip they are more enlarged ,with that bug I've learn about to make them in this form ,in the future, for the islands,also it would be interesting to know the reason why there is this "water box" so visible ..?

JP

kdriver
January 24th, 2011, 07:25
For those who have Rhumbaflappy's European coastal flattens installed, the following file can also be deleted so as not to conflict with Jean Bomber's latest scenery: M5240231.BGL.

Kevin

Jean Bomber
January 24th, 2011, 15:24
Thanks kdriver for the info http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif and to have found the bgl ,in FS there is no way to exclude or overwrite the existing flattens.

JP

kdriver
January 25th, 2011, 05:14
Hi JP,

Should Rhumba's and Sander's coastal flattens be eliminated for the rest of your Mediterranean scenery - Gibraltar, North Africa, Corsica, Balearic Islands?

Jean Bomber
January 25th, 2011, 06:36
Should Rhumba's and Sander's coastal flattens be eliminated for the rest of your Mediterranean scenery - Gibraltar, North Africa, Corsica, Balearic Islands?

The sceneries work better without any other flattens ,they are their own,Rhumba's and Sander's coastal flattens are not been done for the same watermasks,the first was made for the default cfs2 masks and the second for the fs9 masks adapted for cfs2 .
Gibraltar-Ceuta-Oran are not covered by the Eurw files and I don't know the south boundaries of the R's European coastal flattens.
North Africa desert beta was done to work without any flattens,not covered by Eurw it should be by one R's African coastal flattens ,I think...
Corsica is a very beta version and have its own flats and there is no vtp1 lines exclude also it's better to disactive Eurw scenery
same thing for Balearic Islands even if I've done vtp1 lines exclude....
For the moment the only sceneries compatible with Eurw is afnorI and Pantelleria-Pellagics :icon_lol:

JP

kdriver
January 25th, 2011, 10:00
Thanks JP - I'll go through Rhumba's some more and weed out the flattens for Gibraltar, Ceuta and Oran.

Rami
January 27th, 2011, 17:15
Jean Bomber,

Thinking about it tonight, I finally figured out why I was having so many scenery problems with Pantelleria and Lampedusa.

You said to remove the 951190 files from the Eurw folder for the flattens, coastlines, roads, lakes and rivers. It was this step which was causing me problems on Malta. I would end up with areas of flattens which should not have been there. It also caused the "box-like" water formations around Lampedusa and the smaller island to the west.

This is where my frustration point was, because I couldn't get past why this wasn't working for me. Tonight, I decided to check and see if there were any files in the Global_Exclude folder for 951180.bgl and 951190.bgl.

It turns out both were there, and as soon as I removed them, these problems I listed were solved, AND was able to put in the "flatten line" as Brunosk had originally instructed without having any of the scenery issues that had previously plagued me.

In short, you were right and I was wrong, my friend.

Jean Bomber,

En pensant à ce soir, j'ai enfin compris pourquoi j'avais tant de problèmes avec de nombreux paysages Pantelleria et Lampedusa.

Vous avez dit de supprimer les fichiers 951190 à partir du dossier Eurw pour les aplatit, les côtes, les routes, les lacs et les rivières. C'est cette démarche qui me causait des problèmes sur Malte. Je finirais avec des zones de aplatit qui ne devrait pas y avoir été. Elle a également causé la "boîte-like" formations de l'eau autour de Lampedusa et de la petite île à l'ouest.

C'est là que mon point de frustration, parce que je ne pouvais pas passer pourquoi ce n'était pas de travailler pour moi. Ce soir, j'ai décidé de vérifier et voir si il y avait tous les fichiers dans le dossier Global_Exclude pour 951180.bgl et 951190.bgl.

Il s'avère à la fois étaient là, et dès que je les ai retirées, ces problèmes que j'ai énumérés ont été résolus, et a pu mettre dans la ligne "aplatir" comme Brunosk avait initialement demandé, sans avoir aucune des questions décor qu'il avait déjà me harcelaient.

En bref, vous aviez raison et j'avais tort, mon ami.

Jean Bomber
January 27th, 2011, 18:18
I finally figured it out!

I was sure you will fix your issue ,with the recent happy events you're surely very busy...the day;)
I forgeten also the Global_Exclude folder I don't remember these excludes bgls that I've never installed

JP

skylane
February 1st, 2011, 01:04
Ok, I just re-read the whole thread; I´m still a little confused.

I replaced the 951180 file with the one that was uploaded in the thread.
Now I remove all the 951190... files from the Eurw scenery?
And I also remove the 951180 and 951190 from Global Exclude scenery, without replacing them, is that right?

What about the file kdriver mentioned?

Does removing these files have any effect on any other locations?

skylane

Rami
February 1st, 2011, 04:14
I replaced the 951180 file with the one that was uploaded in the thread.

Now I remove all the 951190... files from the Eurw scenery?

And I also remove the 951180 and 951190 from Global Exclude scenery, without replacing them, is that right?

What about the file kdriver mentioned?

Does removing these files have any effect on any other locations?

skylane

Skylane,

You are correct about your file removal. As far as changes, you'll notice your Malta will have less "jagged" edges where the hills descend to the sea, and you can include the "flatten" line in his (Brunosk's) download instructions without any ill effects.

The file that kdriver mentioned only applies to the older coastlines (2002-2005) not the ones here at SOH.

skylane
February 1st, 2011, 05:06
Hi Rami, thanks for the clarification! There´s so much information in this thread that I got overwhelmed! :icon_lol:

gavinc
March 3rd, 2011, 04:11
Hi all,
My CFS2 Med installation has totally blown up and I am re-starting from scratch.

I am installing Jean Bombers Pantelleria and can't find a couple of things

1) AfNor1 - I have a bunch of files on my hd that are the beta for Egypt Libya & Tunisia coastline as well as for Corsica but I never downloaded the finished package and can't seem to find it in the library.

2) veh_m2_90mm_gun - the link in Jean's readme is no longer available. If someone can tell me what package it is in I probably have a copy of it somewhere on my hd.

thanks
Gavin

UncleTgt
March 3rd, 2011, 05:20
Hi Gavin,

I think both are in the archive.

From memory, I think the 90mm was in an AF coastal pack I think ...

Jean Bomber
March 3rd, 2011, 06:33
Hi all,
My CFS2 Med installation has totally blown up and I am re-starting from scratch.

I am installing Jean Bombers Pantelleria and can't find a couple of things

1) AfNor1 - I have a bunch of files on my hd that are the beta for Egypt Libya & Tunisia coastline as well as for Corsica but I never downloaded the finished package and can't seem to find it in the library.

2) veh_m2_90mm_gun - the link in Jean's readme is no longer available. If someone can tell me what package it is in I probably have a copy of it somewhere on my hd.

thanks
Gavin

Hi Gavin ,
Here the link for Afnor part I in the wardbird's archive (before the site crash) this scenery will work with Pantelleria Pellagics,It's better to install the part I in first and then to (re)install the PP Islands scenery.
Take care that desert_scenery and Corsica are separate sceneries they will be more develloped one day ,I hope.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=15081

JP

UncleTgt
March 3rd, 2011, 13:16

thanks
Gavin

wrong AF pack, it's actually AF AA pak 2, here in the archive :salute:

gavinc
March 3rd, 2011, 22:57
wrong AF pack, it's actually AF AA pak 2, here in the archive :salute:

Thanks UncleTgt.
I figured I had it somewhere on my HD, I just missed seeing it when I went thru the zip files.

Gavin

gavinc
March 3rd, 2011, 23:01
Hi Gavin ,
Here the link for Afnor part I in the wardbird's archive (before the site crash) this scenery will work with Pantelleria Pellagics,It's better to install the part I in first and then to (re)install the PP Islands scenery.
Take care that desert_scenery and Corsica are separate sceneries they will be more develloped one day ,I hope.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=15081

JP

Merci Jean,
Don't know how I missed it the first time around.

Corsica looks pretty good to me as it is.
Did you create a LOD 9 mesh for Corsica? I thought I had one in my Mediteranean install before the crash but I can't find it on my HD.

Merci encore
Gavin

Jean Bomber
March 4th, 2011, 03:28
Corsica looks pretty good to me as it is.
Did you create a LOD 9 mesh for Corsica? I thought I had one in my Mediteranean install before the crash but I can't find it on my HD.

Corsica ,in this state, have only the masks and coastlines , I've not done vtp1lines exclude to work with Eurw (also there will be an issues with their flattens...) so It's better to disactive Eurw before to fly over the "virgin" Island :icon_lol:.
The scenery should at least work with the Rhumba's lod8 ,to go with and because I always prefer draw on the upper level ,I've done lod9 mesh covering only Corsica and Sardignia ,a bgl 9,28Mo sized never realised.
There are also the old but very good Yohann Baptiste's euro mesh (13 zips for the entire Europa) in the AVSIM Library,I think ,for Corsica,that should be the eur_srtm_07.zip (Western Alps).The files are for large areas and the bgls are heavy ,If you prefere my custom lighter mesh files pm me your e-mail adress then I could sent it to you. :salute:

JP