PDA

View Full Version : Think I'm going to have to start fresh

rayrey10
January 3rd, 2011, 13:52
I think I'm going to have to wipe out FS9 and start fresh. After about 30-45 the Sim freezes, I get a C++ error that CTDs (I never get a chance to read what the error message states), or I lose all ability to control the a/c.

The only changes I have made is: I installed FreeFlow Bahamas and added Razbam's Skyraider vol 1 package. The problems occur with any aircraft and any location. And this was occurring before I installed those two packages.

Here's an example: today I departed Bradshaw AAF on the big island of Hawaii to small airfield to the NW on HoverControl's 412. No problems. Then I took off northbound on Carenado's C206, did a few water touch and go's and landed @ Hilo. No problems (other than my total lack of flying skills). From Hilo I fired up Carenado's Piper Seneca, got clearance to the north and headed down the runway, when the a/c wouldn't take off. I had the speed, and it just wouldn't get airborne. I was up to like 100kts, and the front landing gear barely skipped. :mad: Sometimes it happens in the air, and the aircraft does not respond to any inputs.

...sorry that was a bit of venting but it's happening every time I'm on FS9 from more that 30 minutes. :angryfir:

Z-claudius24
January 3rd, 2011, 14:14
Hi,

It's maybe not directly linked to FS2004 but more like to a runtime library
So not sure that uninstall and reinstall FS2004 will cure the problem ......

Roger
January 3rd, 2011, 14:19
I'd guess you've tried to create a new Fs9.cfg? Cures a multitude of issues.

Motormouse
January 3rd, 2011, 14:19
I think I'm going to have to wipe out FS9 and start fresh. After about 30-45 the Sim freezes, I get a C++ error that CTDs (I never get a chance to read what the error message states), or I lose all ability to control the a/c.

The only changes I have made is: I installed FreeFlow Bahamas and added Razbam's Skyraider vol 1 package. The problems occur with any aircraft and any location. And this was occurring before I installed those two packages.

Here's an example: today I departed Bradshaw AAF on the big island of Hawaii to small airfield to the NW on HoverControl's 412. No problems. Then I took off northbound on Carenado's C206, did a few water touch and go's and landed @ Hilo. No problems (other than my total lack of flying skills). From Hilo I fired up Carenado's Piper Seneca, got clearance to the north and headed down the runway, when the a/c wouldn't take off. I had the speed, and it just wouldn't get airborne. I was up to like 100kts, and the front landing gear barely skipped. :mad: Sometimes it happens in the air, and the aircraft does not respond to any inputs.

...sorry that was a bit of venting but it's happening every time I'm on FS9 from more that 30 minutes. :angryfir:

Last time I had that it was a faulty scenery package calling a sound effect via one of the
modules..try and get a screenshot of the error code...but IIRC due to the nature of the problem within Fs9 program the on-screen message you get is not the actual fault but a 'windows' approximation; before re-installing try disabling (un-check the boxes) all your add-on sceneries; then re-enabling 'by halves'

hope this helps

ttfn

Pete

rayrey10
January 3rd, 2011, 16:11
Thanks fellas. I forgot about new cfg file, that does cure alot of problems. And true, a runtime error won't be fixed by re-installing FS9. I will also try "unchecking" the add-on scenery and activating it in batches, but the problem has been going on for a little while. I just finally got tired of it.

dhasdell
January 4th, 2011, 04:17
I am having a similar problem, but no messages, just a sudden total freeze, and the only escape is to switch off the comp - even ctrl+alt+delete is helpless. I haven't touched the .cfg either.

rayrey10
January 4th, 2011, 21:20
I deleted the cfg file and unchecked the add-on scenery. I will try it like that for a while and see what happens, then I am going to try to "check back in" the add-on scenery few at a time.