PDA

View Full Version : Autostart IRIS Vulcan?

1970LT1
January 2nd, 2011, 09:05
I've seen some threads about how to start this aircraft, and it seems complicated for the casual pilots (like me :-). Is there a way to make it so it auto starts with a key stroke or it is already running on the runway? Thanks.

LT1

Roger
January 2nd, 2011, 09:10
I've seen some threads about how to start this aircraft, and it seems complicated for the casual pilots (like me :-). Is there a way to make it so it auto starts with a key stroke or it is already running on the runway? Thanks.

LT1

There is a quick start method in the documentation and I printed off the relevant page and used that to start the engines. It's a lot of buttons but it isn't that hard for someone like me who is systems-phobic,lol.

papab
January 2nd, 2011, 10:50

LT1

I sent a PM to David of Iris a couple a weeks ago asking if they were thinking of installing a single start switch like the A-10 and he responded they are planning an update an that switch will be part of it. No idea when it is coming our way!

Rick

Kiwikat
January 2nd, 2011, 10:58
Could some high res VC textures be part of that update? You can't easily read a good chunk of the cockpit. It is the main reason she doesn't come out of my hangar too often.

AndyE1976
January 2nd, 2011, 11:59
It's pretty easy to start as it is, there's a master switch on the right side-panel then you just switch on the fuel pumps and use Rapid Start to start all the engines.

I've never been through the long startup procedure though.

Paul K
January 2nd, 2011, 13:10
Regarding the 'purist' procedure to get the Vulcan running, watch this Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_QnHI_w0ow&playnext=1&list=PL72E02D695AA59117&index=30

Note: not mentioned is the need to have the pressure head heater and master electrical switches turned on - both are located on the co-pilots side console. Switch these on first before following what you see in the video.

mbmorgan
January 9th, 2011, 12:23
Here's a very abbreviated and simple rapid start checklist that works fine:

Before Start:

[Starboard Console]

Master - ON
Pressure Head Heater - ON

[Center Console]

Fuel Feeds (4) - AUTO

[Port Console]

Cross Feeds (2) - ON
Normal/Rapid Switch - RAPID
Rapid Start Button - PRESS

After Start:

[Port Console]

Cross Feeds (2) - OFF
Red Lights - PRESS to clear

[Starboard Console]

ID Lights - ON
Cabin Air - ON
Airframe Heat (3) - ON

The last three are superfluous ... unless you're in a real Vulcan ... but they add a half gram of realism.

Mike

Wings of Gold
February 4th, 2021, 13:28
Here's a very abbreviated and simple rapid start checklist that works fine:Before Start:[Starboard Console]
Master - ONPressure Head Heater - ON[Center Console]
Fuel Feeds (4) - AUTO[Port Console]
Cross Feeds (2) - ONNormal/Rapid Switch - RAPIDRapid Start Button - PRESSAfter Start:[Port Console]
Cross Feeds (2) - OFFRed Lights - PRESS to clear[Starboard Console]
ID Lights - ONCabin Air - ONAirframe Heat (3) - ONThe last three are superfluous ... unless you're in a real Vulcan ... but they add a half gram of realism.MikeCan't locate the port (left) side cross feedsBill

andy277uk
February 4th, 2021, 14:18
Hi, Dave Garwood developed a quick start gauge which started and configured the Iris Vulcan for flight by lifting the co-pilot armrest. You can get it over on Classic British Flight Sim (CBFS).

Search for the thread 'Iris Vulcan tweaks'.

Andy

DaveWG
February 5th, 2021, 23:22
I've just found out the link to my quickstart mod over at CBFS was broken. I've re-uploaded the file so if anyone tried to download it and couldn't, please try again.