PDA

View Full Version : NEW! Freeware Consolidated C-87 Liberator Express

Flyboy208
January 2nd, 2011, 06:30
Available at Avsim & Flightsim

File Description:
This is Version 2 of the Consolidated C-87 Liberator Express. A new model.mdl has been created and besides all original Version 1 features such as opening cargo door, loading ramp and textures for both the USAAF and RAF it now also has working cowl flaps, wheel chocks and pilot's heads which turn in direction of the bank. The panel folder contains the basic Alphasim B-24D panel with a modified panel.bmp which omits the astrodome fitted just forward of the B-24D bomber cockpit. Wing/engine views can now be seen from the cockpit side windows. The original Alphasim B-24D VC panel is also incorporated.

Filename: c-87_liberator_express_v2.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 2nd January 2011
Downloads: 187
Author: Jim Nelson / Jaap de Baare / Alphasim
Size: 3504kb

Cheers! Mike :salute:

Willy
January 2nd, 2011, 12:21
Off to get it. I want to see if it's the "evil bastard contraption" that Ernie Gann said it was. Actually Gann had nothing good to say about the C-87 having flown them for the Air Transport Command.

Z-claudius24
January 2nd, 2011, 13:36
Hi,

Good luck ...and be sure to have the fire brigade ready at the end of runway .. they can save your life on take off :)

Willy
January 2nd, 2011, 14:23
And stay away from the Taj Mahal too. Gann almost took it out with a C-87.

PRB
January 2nd, 2011, 14:29
Cool, a C-87! Thanks for the HU.

Blackbird686
January 3rd, 2011, 07:44
What a BEAST!! :isadizzy: I may have to head on over to Flightsim and grab a copy. Thanks for the HU.

BB686:USA-flag:

casey jones
January 6th, 2011, 09:16
I flew the C-87 from Bella bella BC to St Paul MN, I like the plane alot, but take off with full flaps I did but pulled the flaps up to fast and I began to drop like a rock but recovered, airspeed takes awhile to get past 140mph, flying this thing you have to stay ahead of it. But its a great plane to fly long distance, had to put a fuel gauge in the panel..for some reason panel designers forget to put in fuel gauges or I do'nt know.

Cheers

Casey

OBIO
January 6th, 2011, 09:23
I am comparing the original paint kit from the Alpha B-24 to the C-87 and seeing what is the same. The paints that came with the plane....well, my momma told me to say something nice or shut my mouth......

OBIO