PDA

View Full Version : Ships

kwb737
January 1st, 2011, 19:19
Does anyone know where I might find these two ships I need for a mission I want to fly?

AF_SHA_ENTERPRISE_CV-6

USS_Bunker_Hill

Thanks.

Jagdflieger
January 1st, 2011, 21:19
For the USS Enterprise, CV 6, look in the archives here or at the larger sim sites for the Virtual Navy's Enterprise:

VN_Enterprise.zip

For the Bunker Hill, CV 17 an Essex class CV, get over to Collin's site and download his Essex Class files:

http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2shipyard.htm

kwb737
January 1st, 2011, 21:44
For the USS Enterprise, CV 6, look in the archives here or at the larger sim sites for the Virtual Navy's Enterprise:

VN_Enterprise.zip

For the Bunker Hill, CV 17 an Essex class CV, get over to Collin's site and download his Essex Class files:

http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2shipyard.htm

I looked all through the archives here alone with every Virtual Navy ship I found and none were named exactly as the mission required. "AF_SHA_ENTERPRISE_CV-6"
I also checked all the ships at that exact simviation site address you posted and there was no USS_Bunker_Hill listed at all. So what I ended up doing is downloading the Bunker hill from the FoxFour Korea Campaign and renaming it. As for the Enterprise I made a new folder and copied the contents from my "SHA_ENTERPRISE_CV-6" that I do have and just renamed that one also, only with the "AF" in front of it. Probably did things the hard way but the mission seems to work fine.
Thank You.

Fibber
January 2nd, 2011, 10:03
If memory serves me correct those ships are part of Blue Devils work. You can find them here;
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Blue%20Devil

I checked and they are in my little fleet, but Collins Shipyard has some real nice renditions that are lighted for night fltops, if you are so inclined. Just do some renaming of the folder and don't forget this tip by Jaxon awhile back;
"Each ship has a name. Make sure, the folder-name, the dp file and the two entries in the ship.cfg are named all the same and you won`t get trouble.
When replacing stock ships, just use their names in all 4 places of the new ship.
Move the original ship out, say into a folder called SHIP_harbor or else.
So there aren`t two ships with the same name, even when the folders were renamed."

I followed this in re-doing ALL the stock ships with many of the newer ones and had very few glitches and those were my doing.

kwb737
January 2nd, 2011, 10:37
If memory serves me correct those ships are part of Blue Devils work. You can find them here;
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Blue%20Devil

I checked and they are in my little fleet, but Collins Shipyard has some real nice renditions that are lighted for night fltops, if you are so inclined. Just do some renaming of the folder and don't forget this tip by Jaxon awhile back;
"Each ship has a name. Make sure, the folder-name, the dp file and the two entries in the ship.cfg are named all the same and you won`t get trouble.
When replacing stock ships, just use their names in all 4 places of the new ship.
Move the original ship out, say into a folder called SHIP_harbor or else.
So there aren`t two ships with the same name, even when the folders were renamed."

I followed this in re-doing ALL the stock ships with many of the newer ones and had very few glitches and those were my doing.

Yea, I found out the hard way what happens when you only rename the folder and not the files inside also. But every thing is good now. Thanks Fib

Talon
January 2nd, 2011, 10:45
The AF_SHA_ENTERPRISE_CV-6 is part of Pen32Wins AF= Midway packs.They can be found at Simviation. It will be in the ships pack.

Talon

Fibber
January 2nd, 2011, 11:04
Happy New Year to you!
I thought of that pack ,but I couldn't find it in my Penn32 "yard" and it doesn't seem to be posted here under Pen32Win at all. I should have had it as I was d/ling them as they came available and I thought i had all the objects. Guess I missed it, lost it, or miss classified it somehow. All of the AF- items seem to be here, but not the Midway packs unless I am looking for the wrong titles.

I did find them finally at Simviation here; http://www.simviation.com/cfs2missions15.htm They were in the missions section of their old library. The file is halfway down the page and will come listed in the d/l as MIDWAYCVs

kwb737
January 2nd, 2011, 11:55
Thanks Talon and Fibber. I replaced my renamed folder with the one you steered me to at simviation.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 2nd, 2011, 15:42
Thanks Talon and Fibber. I replaced my renamed folder with the one you steered me to at simviation.

You sure you got it? If not let me know and I can zip it up and send it to you via email.

SW 07

kwb737
January 2nd, 2011, 17:12
You sure you got it? If not let me know and I can zip it up and send it to you via email.

SW 07

Yes, AF_SHA_ENTERPRISE_CV-6 was in the midway CV'S pack that Fibber had talked about. Thank you for the offer Shadow.