PDA

View Full Version : airbase data files

highpockets
December 31st, 2010, 14:24
I do not have any airbases data files ( Video CD movie) that opens with wordpad in any of my CFS 2 installs except the original PTO install. I cannot find the airbase files anywhere in the main CFS 2 install folders.
Any ideas what has happened?

Fibber
December 31st, 2010, 17:57
I believe that it is contained in the CAB files on the install disk. Did you look in the INFO folder? That is where it is maintained along with the other .DAT files.:salute: HAPPY NEW YEAR

highpockets
December 31st, 2010, 18:01
That's where it was! should it be in the main folder or just leave it in the info folder?
Thanks!!:applause:

Fibber
December 31st, 2010, 18:48
Leave it in the INFO folder. That is where CFS will look for it.:salute:

highpockets
December 31st, 2010, 19:03
Thanks much Fibber!
I appreciate the help from this forum and enjoy all the missions, planes, and campaigns that have been provided by those brighter than me!:jump:
Happy New Year to all.

Shadow Wolf 07
December 31st, 2010, 19:06
Make a copy of your original and each one you modify and stash them somewhere :wiggle:

highpockets
January 2nd, 2011, 14:53
I am scratching my head now. When I look into my INfo folder in my MTO install I see two airbase files! One says "airbases" and the other "airbases20090402". The second one has about double the content in it as the first one. What should I do. I have not saved my original file :-(
Some of the bases in the"airbases" are Egypt ,Lybia and Malta. The other one has ETO theater, PTO theater and some Africa bases!

mariereid
January 2nd, 2011, 15:24
Highpockets: You can get the original airbase dat file from your CFS2 discs. Just open which ever one has the info folder. What has been a blessing for me is Rami's PTO and ETO master airbase files, I believe you can find them in many of his read me's in his campaigns. Once you have those, there is very little reason to mess about with airbases. :salute::ernae: