PDA

View Full Version : Converting a FS2004 plane- the VC?

Cees Donker
December 31st, 2010, 04:06
The gauges won't display in the VC! Anyone any clue?

Cees

Milton Shupe
December 31st, 2010, 04:51
In FS2004, you can have the gauges in the panel folder, or in the FS2004/Gauges folder, and they can be xml.

For CFS2, the requirements are a bit different as with FS2002. The gauges must be in the sim's Gauge folder, and CFS2 may not support xml.???

And, if you are referring to the F7F-3 I released, the vc01.bmp definitions in the panel.cfg were 1536X1536. That does not work in FS2002 or CFS2 I suspect. I have converted that panel.cfg to 1024 for FS2002 and will make that available if needed. I am trying to get a FS2002 version out today.

Shessi
December 31st, 2010, 04:58
Hi Cees,
Unfortunately they will be xml style gauges which aren't supported by CFS2.
A couple of choices, replace the VC gauges with CFS2 style ones or if you don't mind non-working gauges in your VC, you can take a screen shot in Fs9 of the VC and cut out and use the gauge bmps.

Cheers Shessi

Cees Donker
December 31st, 2010, 06:57
It's for the JU52 project. simonu adapted them gauges to the cfs format, but no show.....

Cees

sc7500
December 31st, 2010, 07:06
Winter makes me crazy stuff... Like take a perfectly good FS2004 F7f and convert it to CFS2....

I'm uploading the 2D panel I carved from a bar of soap last week - including the necessary gauges - at Milton Shupe's behest. It is about 90% historically accurate, given the CFS2 gauge limits.

Feel free to Mod the CRAP out of it as you will !

Happy New Year !!! :wavey:
SC
:kilroy:

Cees Donker
December 31st, 2010, 07:37
after a restart they show up again???

:isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

Cees

btw everyone in this thread has his name in red!

sc7500
December 31st, 2010, 08:21
...btw everyone in this thread has his name in red!...

I believe that, if one was good enough to donate to the SOH funds drive, their name would be printed Crimson, Cees ! :jump:

SC
:kilroy:

Cees Donker
December 31st, 2010, 08:39
I read it too SC.

:wavey:

Cees

Ali Cat
January 4th, 2011, 13:33
As Simonu has me re-coding all the gauges for this project I thought I’d chime in here (having the same issue with the VC by the way).

I have completed the Fuel (left/right), Fuel Pressure (left/right/center), Manifold Pressure (3 needles!), Outside Temperature, Oil Temperature, and Amps. Here is a pic with these new gauges (11 of the 21 shown).

It’s kind’a cool watching this bird start up. In this pic, engine 1 has just started. Note that engine Fuel Press # 1 has risen (Druck - bottom right) and its Manifold Press (multi-needle just above) has just dropped. Engine 2 is starting to spin and its Fuel Pressure is rising and soon its Manifold Pressure will drop as well. Finally engine 3 will start with the same pattern.

I plan to complete all the gauges with needles next as these have become routine. I’m guessing a week or two? I’ve got the throttle quadrant popping up with a moving throttle lever but there are still issues here. After that I’ll work on the attitude, turn coordinator, ect. but these may take longer as I have yet to do this gauge type.

Cee’s: You may want to hit me with a PM as I’ve noticed a number of issues with the artwork - just so we are on the same page.

Rami: I’m not seeing that we’re ready for beta testing yet though, of course, there’s nothing wrong with getting the volunteers lined up.

AC