PDA

View Full Version : KSDL Scottsdale AZ airport

paiken
December 30th, 2010, 08:30
Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but if anyone is interested, Scottsdale airport is available on Kevin Burns' website at http://www.kb-sim.com/screensKSDL.html

I contributed several of the buildings/hangars for this airport, but Kevin did the lions share of the work. For various reasons, we both were unable to continue work last year, but I think the airport is interesting enough as it is.

Aviator32
December 30th, 2010, 09:25
This is great news. I have flown from there many times and was at the Thunderbird Suites only last October.

It extends all the way over to The Promenade!

Thank You very much :applause:

OleBoy
December 30th, 2010, 10:22
Looks nice. I especially like the transitional blending (from the default scenery?) into the project. Something most scenery developers will not do. I'll tuck this away when I can try it later.

Are there plans to finish it..or is that subject still floating about. Would be great to see it completed.

Thanks for the HU

paiken
December 30th, 2010, 13:37
No firm plans in place on my end, although I would like to clean up the textures on the buildings I made and work on a few new buildings. Not sure what Kevin has in mind as we haven't communicated in quite a while. We both had some r/w issues to deal with. Things are sort of back to normal around here, but I haven't found the time to get back into building things again. Perhaps in the next couple of months.

kjb
December 30th, 2010, 15:23
It's a lot more complete than the screen shots would indicate. I just haven't gotten around to posting current screen shots. Pretty much all of the buildings adjacent to the runway and aprons are done. I would like to pick up more of the off airport structures from paiken's photos.

The photo ground textures use a blend mask to transition to the default scenery or MegaScenery Phoenix, if you have that.

Lionheart
December 30th, 2010, 19:45
Thanks for the heads up! This is great news.

We have needed a good KSDL airport for ages.

:ernae: