PDA

View Full Version : Malayan bomber campaign

skylane
December 29th, 2010, 07:43
Hello!
I am almost finished with a project I have been working on for some time now: a set of 20 missions flying Allied bombers in the Malaya/Singapore campaign of late 1941/early 1942.
I just have to complete the readme/installation guide, the whole thing shoul be ready for upload in a few days.

You will fly Hudsons, Catalinas, different versions of the Blenheim and Vildebeests. The Martin 139 and CAC Wirraway are also there.

I hope you will have fun!

skylane

skylane
December 29th, 2010, 07:50
By the way, can someone tell me where to find this weapon:

wep_aerial_depth_charge

I have it in my library, but I need to provide a link to it in the readme for the missions...

sc7500
December 29th, 2010, 07:59
CFS2 Martin Mariner PMB-1 Depth Charge Mod

Aerial Depth Charges: by Jim Jacobson: Rocktser22@****.com (Rocktser22@yahoo.com). Released as freeware-March 2007.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I do believe it's around here somewhere.....

If you can't find it, PM me and I'll email it to you :wavey:
SC
:kilroy:

Captain Kurt
December 29th, 2010, 08:54
Wow, I'll really be looking forward to this one.

BTW, if you don't find a good download source for the wep_aerial_depth_charge you could substitute it with:

The wep_br_depthcharge which is part of the Ground Crew british weapons package which is readily available

OR

The RAF_Depth_Charge which is part of the AlphaSim weapons pack, also easily found.

:wavey:

Captain Kurt
December 29th, 2010, 09:06
Found the download - it's at Simviation. Here's the URL

http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=dpthchrg.zip

skylane
December 29th, 2010, 23:06
Kurt, thanks for the link!
Now I guess I have everything to complete the readme.

skylane
December 30th, 2010, 01:58
I have uploaded the package. It should appear under CFS2 Campaigns soon.

The campaign is meant to go alongside the Buffalo missions that I released last spring. Back then it was suggested that I do some more bomber missions, so I went back to my history books (Bloody Shambles by Christopher Shores).
It wasnŽt easy to make the missions to resemble history as close as possible and still be flyable (and most of the time survivable..) in CFS2, as these bomber crews had a very dangerous job against a superior enemy.

I test-flew the missions several times and tried hard to cover all the add-ons I used in the readme. If someone encountwers any issues nevertheless, please let me know and IŽll fix them asap.

Hope you enjoy!

skylane

Rami
December 30th, 2010, 05:37
Skylane,

You've done an excellent job with this, especially the readme. However, I did notice you do not have a campaign (.cmg) file. If you'd like one built, let me know!

Finn
December 30th, 2010, 06:50
Please let us have a campaign file - it's a bit frustrating starting all over againg with each mission
Finn

skylane
December 30th, 2010, 07:01
Hi Rami!

...when I made the readme I tried to follow the example you give in your campaigns. :jump:

...i thought about a cmg file, but decided not to make one. I gave the wingman high skill and agression so they are useful and hit something. With a cmg, at least as far as I know, they all start as rookies, and there are no planes to shoot down to improve their skills.
Then there is the problem of the campaign ending prematurely when a certain number of wingmen is lost.
Finally, the missions are intended to be flown in the order I gave them anyway.

However, if a cmg is wanted anyway, I can still make one. It will take some time, since IŽm on the road from tomorrow on for about a week.

Edit: I just saw FinnŽs post. Ok, IŽll try and make a cmg file when I return home!

Shadow Wolf 07
December 30th, 2010, 07:11
Hi Rami!

...when I made the readme I tried to follow the example you give in your campaigns. :jump:

...i thought about a cmg file, but decided not to make one. I gave the wingman high skill and agression so they are useful and hit something. With a cmg, at least as far as I know, they all start as rookies, and there are no planes to shoot down to improve their skills.
Then there is the problem of the campaign ending prematurely when a certain number of wingmen is lost.
Finally, the missions are intended to be flown in the order I gave them anyway.

However, if a cmg is wanted anyway, I can still make one. It will take some time, since IŽm on the road from tomorrow on for about a week.

Edit: I just saw FinnŽs post. Ok, IŽll try and make a cmg file when I return home!

Skylane: In the campaign, you can use the "AI Promoter", which will give your wingmen random skills at the start, regardless of their actual kill total. Later you can update their skill status as they gain experience by running the utility again. I think Rami uploaded it, but just in case, here it is.

skylane
December 30th, 2010, 08:22
SW, thanks for the ai promoter! That looks very interesting!

I found a tutorial about cmg by Cody Coyote. Building a file for a linear campaign like this looks quite easy, so i gave it a try. I did not test it, so IŽm not sure if it will work. Maybe one of the experts can check it. (Rami??)

I post it here, so if you want to try it, unzip the attachment and put the contents of the folder into your Cfs2 Campaigns folder. It contains the missios and the new cmg file. The campaign should then appear under the English Nationality.

I hope it works as advertised...

Rami
December 30th, 2010, 08:47
Skylane,

One of the best things about this new library is that it is very easy to modify. As such, I have included the CAMPAIGNS folder in the upload, so that the version in the library now has the folder in it.

Here is the link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=44&linkid=3313

And once again....congratulations! :ernae:

skylane
December 30th, 2010, 10:27
Thanks for the help, Rami!

:ernae:

Jagdflieger
December 30th, 2010, 11:24
Vielen Dank Skylane!

Many thanks Skylane!

Have you recovered from the severe winter snow storm that went through Austria and Europe last week?

Rockster234
December 30th, 2010, 15:32
I see the depth charge mod is getting some action again............

I hope it isnt too frame rate heavy.........but

I had fun with it........

Captain Kurt
December 30th, 2010, 16:27
:salute::salute:Danke, Skylane :salute::salute:

mariereid
December 31st, 2010, 08:37
That looks like something I gotta have! Thanks Skylane.:salute::ernae: