PDA

View Full Version : 'X100 Hybird Viewfinder Information'

Panther_99FS
December 28th, 2010, 12:05
http://www.finepix-x100.com/x100/hybrid-viewfinder

Kiwikat
December 28th, 2010, 12:34
I don't understand how that is any better than the current optical viewfinders we have today?

Most new DSLR's can overlay at least some information. Seeing bright green on top of a black background is a whole lot easier to read than that hybrid one too.

Sounds kind of like Apple, trying to reinvent something that's already been done by someone else... :confused:

Panther_99FS
December 28th, 2010, 12:45
It's different...
Read the article & look at the animated pictures, you'll understand then :)

Kiwikat
December 28th, 2010, 13:16
Still doesn't seem much different from what the 7D currently has. It lets you review your photos through the viewfinder... ok? That's the only major difference I see.

It still sounds like they are trying to make a deal out of something that makes little/no difference. I am much more interested in the price tag and sensor details. Too bad it isn't full frame! I'm still waiting for a company to release an affordable full frame digital camera. The Leica M9 isn't exactly cheap... :wiggle:

About the cheapest you can get with the Canon camp right now is a used 5D classic, about 1000 dollars.

Panther_99FS
December 28th, 2010, 14:10
I am much more interested in the price tag and sensor details.

Weren't you the one that said "it's all about the glass" in a different thread ;)

Kiwikat
December 28th, 2010, 15:17
Weren't you the one that said "it's all about the glass" in a different thread ;)

Well when you're marketing yet ANOTHER camera with an aps-c sized sensor it better do something better than the competition.

What I said about the glass still applies though. If it isn't compatible with a decent range of lenses, it won't be successful. Can you even put different lenses on this one? All it mentions is the 23mm.

If it were full frame I think it would be wildly popular. Unless this thing is quite affordable, I don't see it selling very well. I love the old styling and manual controls though! :jump:

WHERES THE PRICE? :173go1:

Panther_99FS
December 28th, 2010, 15:21
I don't see it selling very well. I love the old styling and manual controls though! :jump:

WHERES THE PRICE? :173go1:

I'll take that bet - it will be a huge seller :)
Price is estimated at $1000 USD - Cheaper than the Olympus E-P2 on initial release & cheaper than the high selling Panasonic GH2 :)