PDA

View Full Version : Charlottes Chariot II P-51

Chuck Lawsen
December 24th, 2010, 14:06
Just uploaded a paint of Cary Salter's P-51 named "Charlottes Chariot II P-51". Last July, owner Dan Fordice flew his P-51 in Cary's markings from Mississippi for the 354th FG's reunion in Dayton, OH. I also got to meet Col. Brueland of "Grim Reaper" and Kelly Gross who flew "Live Bait" (you can find those paints here too). Enjoy!

SgtT
December 26th, 2010, 04:55
Very nice! Look forward to downloading and trying out. Must have been pretty cool to meet these veterans.

T.

OleBoy
December 26th, 2010, 07:22
Hi Chuck,

I'm going to guess here as I don't rightfully know, that this repaint is for the WOP P-51? I've ran into a lot of your work recently while doing searches for other Wings of Power Aircraft, and noticed you have done a lot of great paints. Thank You. I've got plans to very soon purchase the older WOP compilations to add them to my hanger of other aircraft. So I'll be looking forward to seeing them in new attire.

Thank You for sharing all of your work in the past, and now.:salute:

Chuck Lawsen
December 28th, 2010, 01:32
Thanks guys, yes Sgt T it was a real privilege to meet these vets. I set up my laptop with stick & rudder pedals in the hospitality room and I had a line waiting to have some stick time. The 1st person was a vet and he flew for over 30 minutes, he had a blast flying a P-51 from his unit again.
Oleboy, this paint is for the WWII Fighters P-51 or the WOP P-51 vs. 2 stand alone. I made 4 paints of the 356th FG for the original WOP P-51 back in '05 & '06 (find them at Flightsim.com)