PDA

View Full Version : For Devildog73...status update...

Rami
December 23rd, 2010, 16:22
Devildog,

I felt a strong obligation to finish up a final update to Tuskegee before I do anything else and get a mega-pack ready for you. So far it's going fine, despite by video card problems. I have CFS2 on my laptop, and thus far have the following missions done and tested.

Mission pack I - 1-2, 6-7, 9-12.

Mission pack II - 24-25.

Mission pack III - 54, 58, 60, 64.

Mission pack IV - 65-66, 68-70, 72-76, 79-80, 83, 85, 87-100.

I also have these three done, but untested as of yet....50, 56, 71.

So right now I have 42 down out of 100. Stay tuned...

Devildog73
December 24th, 2010, 05:50
Thanks Rambo, er ah, Rami!

Hey it is an easy mistake. On here you are Rambo. You take our work and bring it up to the next level.

I look forward to flying the finished product. It will be like flying a whole new campaign.

I still fly the TA campaign from time to time. It was fun to build and it is, IMO, fun to fly.

Thanks for the updates.

Oh, and I am sorry my face broke skype ;-)

Rami
December 26th, 2010, 10:07
Devildog,

I'm now up to 54 missions completed, I'll keep working on this today and tomorrow, we're hunkered down for blizzard conditions tonight, expecting between one and one-and-one-half feet of snow!

I won't be going anywhere this evening, unless Erica goes into labor, of course. :wiggle:

Rami
December 26th, 2010, 17:41
Reply,

So far, so good! Whitman has 9.5 inches of snow, and I've reached sixty missions, so I'm now three-fifths of the way done.

Update...I'm calling it quits at sixty-one for tonight, thirty-nine more missions to go.

Rami
December 27th, 2010, 17:16
Devildog73,

Sixty-eight missions and counting.

Devildog73
December 28th, 2010, 04:38
Don't ya just love winter blizzards for putting you into position to just hunker down with the REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF?

Sounds great my friend!

I am home this week taking some respite from my military duties.

Good thing too. It seems my big PC has developed some rather unwanted characteristics.

I am working on computers instead of playing ETO missions.........

But, I have your European campaigns loaded and functioning quite well on the laptop!

Rami
December 30th, 2010, 20:15
Devildog73,

I don't think I'm going to make the January 1st deadline, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the remainder done within the next week. I'm at 85 missions right now, I have another 15 to go.

I always feel a strong connection to these missions, I cut my teeth on many of these missions you threw at me, and learned many of my growing MB skills working on these. It's been fun to apply this learned knowledge back onto these missions I know and love once again.

In all honesty, I know you were (and probably still are) on the fence about what your next project will be. I hope that by having a combined Tuskegee package ready for you, it will "force your hand" a bit and have you work on that Corsica Tuskegee add-on that you're mentioned in passing. (You didn't think I did all this without an ulterior motive, did you?)

I will be more than happy to help you integrate the new missions if you'd like.

Devildog73
January 2nd, 2011, 07:24
Rami,
Yeah, I got in and flew some of the old Tuskegee missions and most likely will use what I learned on them and my Aces Campaigns to get back into the MTO. I have been flying your ETO campaigns lately and am thoroughly enjoying them! THOUGH, I am getting shot down quite a bit trying to learn how to fly those big old heavy bricks with wings the JUGS!

I had to download K. Malinowski's and J. McDaniel's P-47s and substitute the air, dp, and model files in place of the FDG2 files though. I have pretty much substituted his into your missions. For whatever reason(s) the fdg2 and alpha Jugs do not perform according to everything I have read about the real ones. Every time I make even a 30% banking turn with the fdg and alpha Jugs, I fall to the ground like a brick. If I try to climb at 2,000 feet per minute or higher, I stall and fall to the ground like a brick. That is a heck of a way to conduct a dogfight with a Messerschmidt or FW!!!!

Rami
January 2nd, 2011, 09:01
Rami,
Yeah, I got in and flew some of the old Tuskegee missions and most likely will use what I learned on them and my Aces Campaigns to get back into the MTO. I have been flying your ETO campaigns lately and am thoroughly enjoying them! THOUGH, I am getting shot down quite a bit trying to learn how to fly those big old heavy bricks with wings the JUGS!

I had to download K. Malinowski's and J. McDaniel's P-47s and substitute the air, dp, and model files in place of the FDG2 files though. I have pretty much substituted his into your missions. For whatever reason(s) the fdg2 and alpha Jugs do not perform according to everything I have read about the real ones. Every time I make even a 30% banking turn with the fdg and alpha Jugs, I fall to the ground like a brick. If I try to climb at 2,000 feet per minute or higher, I stall and fall to the ground like a brick. That is a heck of a way to conduct a dogfight with a Messerschmidt or FW!!!!

Devildog,

I don't know what it is about the Fw-190 or the P-47, but I've never been fully satisfied with those airfiles either.

Oh yeah...92 missions completed, eight to go.