PDA

View Full Version : Skype

Devildog73
December 21st, 2010, 20:03
Guys,
I am online occassionally, not every evening.
If you send a request to me and it gets declined or ignored, know that I am not the one doing that.

My granddaughters live with me and are on the big computer more than I am and are skyping with their cousins. Since they are preteen girls, they have STRICT ORDERS to NOT accept any requests on skype but family and KNOWN friends.

So, if you sent a request and it got declined, wait until after 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time USA. Otherwise it will most likely be my granddaughters online and not me.

Or, send it to my email in my profile. Rami and Dirtman have my Skype name and email, so I give them permission to share with guys here in the basement.

mariereid
December 22nd, 2010, 03:03
You spoke to Rami and Dirty? Soon you will Know the stats of every player in the NHL, except Montreal! Rami knows just about everything, Dirty knows everything else. I am pretty sure with all their knowledge, you will learn "The meaning of life".:salute::salute::ernae:

Rami
December 22nd, 2010, 05:23
Mariereid,

I would hardly say I know just about EVERYTHING.

Devildog73,

I'm glad you got a chance to meet Dirty, (last night?) so that's wonderful. With regard to your Skype availability, don't sweat it. And if I had pre-teen kids living with me, you can bet I would be as strict as you, so I completely understand that.

By the way, I'm doggedly working to try and complete something for you by New Year's day. I banged out 15 retouched missions yesterday, so right now I have 34 missions completed, I'm about one third of the way there. For the marshaling yards, I'm using the rail yard layout from 'Frantic,' and it works VERY well. I'll give it to you when I have the chance, I think you'll get some major use out of it. Also, I'll pass on some additional Mission Builder tips!

mariereid
December 22nd, 2010, 10:53
Oh, all right then, EVERYTHING!!:salute::ernae:

Talon
December 22nd, 2010, 16:15
DevilDog,

All you had to say is you didn't want to talk to us. Instead you had to go and break Skype.:icon_lol:

Talon

Devildog73
December 22nd, 2010, 19:24
Hey Talon, I was trying to make a call to you, but the satellite phones to somewhere in the south pacific must have been more than Skype could handle. Too much bandwith requirements I am sure........:salute:

simonu
December 23rd, 2010, 00:59
Just in case you are still having problems with skype, It is not your fault or indeed Dirtmans... LINK (http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/skype/skype-down.asp) to explanation .

Devildog73
December 23rd, 2010, 05:44
simonu, It worked just fine until Rami and Dirty decided to force my face upon Skype!

Now see what they've gone and done!

I warned them!

mariereid
December 23rd, 2010, 07:22
Not to worry, Simonu and Dirty got skype up and running. Boy, those guys can fix anything!:ernae:

Dirtman
December 23rd, 2010, 08:54
I think it was Talon who broke Skype!

... 26139

or maybe it was that LongJock Collin fella? .. 26140

But most probably; Skype was overloaded by Devildog's Grand-daughters!!!

.... 26141

Talon
December 23rd, 2010, 09:25
Actually it was all Rami's fault. It went down right after he threaten to give Devildog Mission Building tips.:icon_lol:

Talon