PDA

View Full Version : FSNavigator

falcon409
December 21st, 2010, 05:31
Does anyone have the full download for FSNav that they can send me? I am reconstructing my FS9 setup and have just about everything back as it was a long time ago. . . .except FSNav. . . .and since it isn't being sold anymore, downloads are no longer available as far as I know. I am a legitimate user and have my information to activate it (name, date, serial no.), I just need the download. Thanks:salute:

johnh_049
December 21st, 2010, 05:45
http://www.flightsimworld.com/downloads/viewfile/435.html

falcon409
December 21st, 2010, 06:07
Thank you John!!:salute:

johnh_049
December 21st, 2010, 07:19
i just wish there was still a way to purchase and register it.

falcon409
December 21st, 2010, 07:41
i just wish there was still a way to purchase and register it.
Yea, this was a pretty sad deal for sure. This guy has/had the premier navigational utility for all of FS9, he gave very little support over the last few years of it's life and then took it completely off the market. . .it's just hard to figure some people out ya know?:salute:

Reddog
December 21st, 2010, 08:17
I thought that sometime back I had heard that MS purchased it and that's why it was taken off the market??

falcon409
December 21st, 2010, 08:30
I thought that sometime back I had heard that MS purchased it and that's why it was taken off the market??
Are they planning to incorporate it into the future "Flight" Sim they're working on. . . .possibly?

Reddog
December 21st, 2010, 15:56
I don't know this supposidly happened when they still where working on FS11.

Milton Shupe
December 21st, 2010, 16:33
Well, I still use the old 2.3 version as updated by Helge Schroeder to 3.0 I think. Works okay in FS9 with some limited functions but I just use the map for airports, runways, frequencies, mile to destination etc. That is still available at Simviation in the utilities section, like the first 3 pages of it, I believe in the FS2000/2 section.

Sealion007
December 22nd, 2010, 19:25
Yea, this was a pretty sad deal for sure. This guy has/had the premier navigational utility for all of FS9, he gave very little support over the last few years of it's life and then took it completely off the market. . .it's just hard to figure some people out ya know?:salute:

That was because Helge Schroeder was suffering from severe health and medical issues at the time and finally could no longer keep up with support and development of his software. He was a very kind man and gave me a free license for his software when I had trouble ordering it on line.

Milton Shupe
December 22nd, 2010, 20:16
That is sad to hear. I agree that he was a very kind and helpful gentleman when I worked with him to get the last freeware version updated. I really love FSNav.

falcon409
December 22nd, 2010, 20:26
That was because Helge Schroeder was suffering from severe health and medical issues at the time and finally could no longer keep up with support and development of his software. He was a very kind man and gave me a free license for his software when I had trouble ordering it on line.
Yes, I knew he was having medical problems, thanks!:salute: