PDA

View Full Version : Super Sonic Sale

FSN
December 20th, 2010, 04:30
It only took almost all month for FS Pilot Shop to put my stuff on sale but for the rest of the month you can get my sound packs at 50% off.

http://www.fspilotshop.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=314

Happy Holidays Guys!

txnetcop
December 20th, 2010, 04:43
Dumb question Vance...do your sound packs include interior sounds like rattles and touch down sounds beside the goofy screech that MS provides?

FSN
December 20th, 2010, 04:52
Hey dude. Ya all the interiors and so forth are covered. I like to add a lil something extra in em like the occasional rattles during various RPM's and all the wheel touches and ground rolls are all custom. Everything is custom made. They're all for FSX so they use the sound cones and so forth.

Daveroo
December 20th, 2010, 07:28
i have the aerosoft DHC6...your sound pack better? honestly? dont just be a salesman...were soh'ers..be honest

edit" i should say..please tell me why its better...that up there sounds kinda snarky...sorry...but please....i know you are going to tell me you sounds are better...tell me why

jetstreamsky
December 20th, 2010, 08:03
Check out the video with the DHC-6 sounds on the sales page and compare them with your Aerosoft model set. They sound pretty good to me and I especially like the fact that AI sounds are included. If the Panther sounds are anything to go by (which are more recently compiled) this should be a great set of sounds.

FSN
December 20th, 2010, 08:18
i have the aerosoft DHC6...your sound pack better? honestly? dont just be a salesman...were soh'ers..be honest

edit" i should say..please tell me why its better...that up there sounds kinda snarky...sorry...but please....i know you are going to tell me you sounds are better...tell me why

I'm a pretty open guy so I'll tell ya I'm not a salesman, I'm a sound designer. I'm not gonna say my stuff is better than someone elses because it's all subjective. Some ppl like it, some people don't. If you like it...great. Just thought I'd let ya know there's a holiday sale on.

fsafranek
December 20th, 2010, 10:14
$5 seems to be the price point this season.
Thanks for putting these items on sale and
best of luck with the results. Merry Christmas!
:ernae:

Daveroo
December 20th, 2010, 14:04
I'm a pretty open guy so I'll tell ya I'm not a salesman, I'm a sound designer. I'm not gonna say my stuff is better than someone elses because it's all subjective. Some ppl like it, some people don't. If you like it...great. Just thought I'd let ya know there's a holiday sale on.

ok...ill try and get the package..from what the others said sounds like a deal..dave

Scratch
December 20th, 2010, 14:53
Thanks FSN! I just picked up the soundpack for the Cessna 172 and can say I am very pleased with it. Sounds better than the default and Carenado C172 to me.

jetstreamsky
December 20th, 2010, 15:18
Well I tried out the included Aerosoft sound pack and was already quite pleased with it, but decided to go for the Sonic Solutions version as it's on sale and the video is promising and found that it adds a lot of depth to the sounds both in terms of pitch and in terms of additional details. I'm not sure about the reverse thrust sound, I prefer the Aerosoft version there, so I might splice that sound file in if I can, but on the whole it's an impressive improvement. There's a kind of reverb deep sound running in the background that provides a lot of 'power' to the generally incipid sounds that FSX aircraft have, which reminds me more of the ATR series aircraft engines, I don't know if that is pure DHC-6 or a mix in to improve the quality, I'll have to watch youtube for an updated reference.

big-mike
December 21st, 2010, 07:18
Just purchased the DC-3 and the Twotter sounds--love them!
I´m also interested in the C172 Soundset,bui the whole time a Lady is speeking when i watched the teaser.
Is it possible to hear only the engine sound?
A bit curious,presenting an engine sound and the whole time a person is speeking!
Thank you
Michael

Alan_A
December 21st, 2010, 07:21
Just purchased the DC-3 and the Twotter sounds--love them!
I´m also interested in the C172 Soundset,bui the whole time a Lady is speeking when i watched the teaser.
Is it possible to hear only the engine sound?
A bit curious,presenting an engine sound and the whole time a person is speeking!
Thank you
Michael

Yeah, I thought that was odd. Very hard to get an impression of the soundset through the narration and also the music track. I'd also like to hear a "straight" extended sample from the soundset before deciding whether or not to buy. Any chance of that?

FSN
December 21st, 2010, 07:27
Here ya go http://vimeo.com/12355981 No music or VO.

That was my first sound pack and supporting video and fresh off the heels of making game trailers, I had the wife spin out some VO and such. That was the last time I ever did that, I still get so much flack for that vid...lol.

big-mike
December 21st, 2010, 07:56
WOW!
The sound is great!
Off to the shop:running:
Could you please post this paint from the C172?
Just tested the sounds of the DC-3 and the Twotter and i must say
that i like them very much.
Michael

FSN
December 21st, 2010, 08:01
WOW!
The sound is great!
Off to the shop:running:
Could you please post this paint from the C172?
Just tested the sounds of the DC-3 and the Twotter and i must say
that i like them very much.
Michael

Thanks Michael, I think the paint is on simviation. Search Flight Sim Nation.

big-mike
December 21st, 2010, 08:21
Found the paint---thanks.
And another thank you for your great Soundsets and this sale.
Michael

Alan_A
December 21st, 2010, 13:06
Here ya go http://vimeo.com/12355981 No music or VO.

That'll do it.

Many thanks. :salute:

Will stop by tonight and pick up a copy.

FSN
December 23rd, 2010, 03:35
Many thanks, glad you're enjoying the sounds