PDA

View Full Version : NEW Atlas Denel Cheetah D... Nicely Done

Blackbird686
December 19th, 2010, 08:57
For all of you Mirage fans out there like me, there is a new Atlas Denel Cheetah D by Johan Jacobs of JDS Models based in South Africa. There are 2 seperate paint schemes by Brent Best and 2 different model configurations for both, "clean" and "with assorted loadouts".
The model comes with a supurb 2D Panel and VC with XML gauge programming by Thinus Pretorius.

I've always been a "Cheetah" fan.
Available at www.fsworld.co.za (http://www.fsworld.co.za).:southafrica:

Link to that site can also be had at www.mirage4fs.com (http://www.mirage4fs.com).

BB686:USA-flag:

YuriGagarin
December 19th, 2010, 10:29
Thanks for the info Comrade... :salute:

Tom Clayton
December 19th, 2010, 14:40
Download page:
http://www.mirage4fs.com/mirage_x.html

Z-claudius24
December 19th, 2010, 17:17
Hi,

Download page:
http://www.mirage4fs.com/mirage_x.html

Not exactly :)

Aircraft: Atlas Cheetah D, SAAF
File: CheetahDv2.5.zip (http://www.fsworld.co.za/community/downloads.php) (22.6MB)
Released: December 2010
Designer: Johan Jacobs
Notes: For FS2004 and FSX. Two schemes, multiple configurations. Textures by Brent Best. Includes panel (http://www.mirage4fs.com/panels.html) and gauges by Thinus Pretorius.

This link is a redirection too:
http://www.fsworld.co.za/community/downloads.php
Where you must be member for access the download section !

Sunny9850
December 20th, 2010, 05:21
Looks nice enough but not quite nice enough to register for yet another website. Free or not.
Stefan

Blackbird686
December 20th, 2010, 11:56
Hi,

Not exactly :)

This link is a redirection too:
http://www.fsworld.co.za/community/downloads.php
Where you must be member for access the download section !

Claudius, this is NOT directed at you, so no worries on your part. I appreciate you providing the information regarding access to the download for the Cheetah D model.

Membership at FSWorld is free... just as membership here at the SOH is free. While I respect the concerns that some of you may have regarding "registration for membership", I thought having the Cheetah D model was worth registering for... and now I'm flying it. I learned about the model from another very reputable flight sim website.

I reckon if you want the Cheetah D model, go and get it, if not, then dont. Any freeware for FS9, I consider as a gift from those developers that still take the time to create their artwork for that sim.

Regards -- BB686:USA-flag:

Z-claudius24
December 20th, 2010, 12:35
Hi,

Membership at FSWorld is free... just as membership here at the SOH is free

Indeed ..
So .. apply for membership .. download and forget the site if you want (no need to bookmark or retain your loggin :) )

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/belga2004/SpecialNOEL/XMAS_GS004.gif

Blackbird686
December 20th, 2010, 12:45
Hi,

Indeed ..
So .. apply for membership .. download and forget the site if you want (no need to bookmark or retain your loggin :) )

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/belga2004/SpecialNOEL/XMAS_GS004.gif

LOL... I gotta admit, I have probably done that to a few obscure sites here and there... but it was nothing malicious, just that over time, I just lost interest.

ethan
December 21st, 2010, 11:20
Hi All,

I am also a Mirage fan. I have d/l'ed the "D" but when I go to use the installer, my Norton anti-virus, specifically the SONAR function auto deletes the file citing suspicious activity noted. I can disable SONAR but am leary of any problems. Any input appreciated.

Cheers
Hank

Sunny9850
December 21st, 2010, 20:13
Well if not at Claudius may be it was directed at my comment. I understand that the registration is free, but like most it will require an e-mail address to sign up and potentially more unwanted e-mail. I am not implying that this particular site does anything bad....but I prefer to err on the side of caution.

I very much appreciate all the work freeware developers give us. Including this Mirage in my hangar would be nice, but since it is not my usual round engined, piston powered fare I can at least for now pass if it requires yet another sign up.

Stefan

Z-claudius24
December 21st, 2010, 21:13
Hi,

Well if not at Claudius may be it was directed at my comment. I understand that the registration is free, but like most it will require an e-mail address to sign up and potentially more unwanted e-mail. I am not implying that this particular site does anything bad....but I prefer to err on the side of caution.That's really not a problem of mail.
Never use your private email account for register any forums. :)
In 2 minutes you can make a hotmail or Gmail account (hotmail.com gmail.com) and register with this mail adresse.
After download you can forget this mail and registration :)

I am also a Mirage fan. I have d/l'ed the "D" but when I go to use the installer, my Norton anti-virus, specifically the SONAR function auto deletes the file citing suspicious activity noted. I can disable SONAR but am leary of any problems. Any input appreciated.

Norton parano crisis :)

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/belga2004/SpecialNOEL/xmas_kt013.gif

Blackbird686
December 22nd, 2010, 03:32
I am using AVG 2011 and I had no probs with the installer. I always run installers to a temp folder and scan them manually just to be sure.

As far as registering to another website is concerned, Claudius is right, I apologise for being so "blunt" as it were, but I get a little "on edge", now and again if I feel people want to criticise freeware. I'm sorry Stefan, it's nothing personal.

Sunny9850
December 22nd, 2010, 17:39
No worries BB686, I did not particularly like the "not directed at you...." part of your post since I prefer being addressed directly but I understand your motive behind it.
Being involved with Manfreds Team Constellation project I have learned that people do sometimes have a weird sense of entitlement with something they got for free.
99% of the time my tech-support then found that a simple **** would have solved all their "problems"

Thanks for the reminder on the SPAM e-mail....i think i still have a yahoo account open i can use for that.

Stefan

Johan Jacobs
May 5th, 2011, 22:58
Hi There,
It is with mixed feelings that I've read through this post. First, a happy feeling to see that there are actually people who have downloaded my Cheetah D, and enjoyed it. Thanks for the kind words, and as long as you are enjoying it, it make it all worth the while.
Secondly, and sadly, people complaining about the fact they need to register to download the model.
Now I have to explain a few things:
A) There are numerous reasons that you need to register in order to download the model, and one that really stand out is the fact that there is some control over who download the model. One freeware developer told me the other day, he found some of his models on addon DVD's that is for sale. a Bit unfair, don't you think?
Also, the support forum for that model is on the site, and once registered, it is easy to get support, and give feedback.
FSWorld is my site, and our policy is to be friendly and kind to anyone, and although we are a small forum, we really are like a family. Notice that there is no adds on the forum, unlike other forums,although it cost money to run a site. I want to keep it clean.
It is not our intent to get more members by registering to download.

B) The installer I've used is the one used by many developers, Clickteam Install Creator. The reason I used this installer, is that I wanted to make the installation as easy as possible for anyone. When installing, it also states that should you want to do a manual installation, you can simply install to a temp folder, and then do a manual installation. So, best for both.
When I first run Clickteam, my antivirus ( at the time CA Antivirus) picked up the Clickteam program as a thread. But after various tests, on different machines and antivirus programs, it came out that CA Antivirus see that as a potential thread. So I have removed CA, and installed Microsoft Security Essentials, and scanned it again, with no problems. I also use AVAST now, with no issues whatsoever. It is thus interresting to me to learn that Norton also have an issue with it.

For those who enjoyed the Cheetah D, I am glad that almost 9 months of hard work, trial and error, and research paid off. The Cheetah D is my favorite machine to fly, and thanks to ex (and current) South African Air Force members and pilots, the Cheetah D is a success in my eyes.

All of the best,

Jakes

alain0568
May 6th, 2011, 00:41
-I tried several times to register,and there is always a problem!!!
Too restrictive conditions!!
So, i go my way..

Alain

-

AndyG43
May 6th, 2011, 00:55
Jakes, can I take the opportunity to thank you for this wonderful addition to my virtual skies.

And just to put other minds at rest; since I registered I have had precisely 2 emails from FSWorld, to notify me of a few changes to the forum; not intrusive, not pestering and a perfectly fair tradeoff for such a wonderful aircraft.

Johan Jacobs
May 6th, 2011, 01:01
Thank you Andy, appreciate the kind words!

sad to hear that you could not register, Alain( Funny that 181 members, plus 400 that has been pruned, including spammers, could register successfully?)
Well for those who still want the model, without wanting to register, here is the direct download link:
http://www.worldwidewebs.co.za/uploadsbin/files/CheetahDv2.5.zip

Enjoy!

Stratobat
May 6th, 2011, 01:42
Hey Jakes,

Welcome to the Outhouse.

Nice to see you here :wavey:

Regards,
Stratobat

Johan Jacobs
May 6th, 2011, 03:19
Hey Stratobat!
Thanks! good to see you here as well! thanks for the welcoming!

alain0568
May 6th, 2011, 03:41
Hello Johan,

-Thank you very much for sharing!
However,i do not understand that my registration does not work!!!!
Again,thank you.:salute:

Alain

-

Johan Jacobs
May 6th, 2011, 03:46
Hello Johan,

-Thank you very much for sharing!
However,i do not understand that my registration does not work!!!!
Again,thank you.:salute:

Alain

-

Its a pleasure Alain. There are other SA Downloads as well, such as Langebaanweg for FS2004 and Western Cape Scenery, etc. so should you want to register to browse the downloads, you can PM me, and I will register for you, and give you a temp password that you can change afterwards.

Enjoy!

alain0568
May 6th, 2011, 03:56
-Thank you,Johan,i send a mp!

Alain

-

Tom Clayton
May 6th, 2011, 05:55
I had forgotten about this thread, but registered today. My only gripe is that the password requirements are a little much, but I've written mine down for your site - so it's no big deal.

I have no problem with the Clickteam installer. But it does have one feature that you may want to consider. (I don't have the creator program myself, this info is from a friend.) There is an option to leave the registry untuched and not have any uninstaller file. When I an uninstaller file in my temp folder, I ignore that. I zip up all of the rest of the files, then go to the Add/Remove Programs section in the Control Panel and uninstall from there. That way, (hopefully) my Windows Registry doesn't get too cluttered.

Johan Jacobs
May 6th, 2011, 06:02
Thank you for the feedback Tom, I will look into the password issue

As for the uninstall option, I used it when we did a lot of beta testing, and You are right, for a normal aircraft, it is not really neccesary. I will remember that next time. I am busy with the Atlas/Denel Rooivalk helicopter now)

Have a great weekend!

AndyG43
May 6th, 2011, 06:48
....... I am busy with the Atlas/Denel Rooivalk helicopter now

Ooooh!!! :applause::jump:

OBIO
May 6th, 2011, 08:59
I just registered on FSWorld to download this package...it took a few attempts to get my password accepted...but once I READ the password requirements, I realized that the password I was trying to use was too short and did not have any capital letters. I added a couple cap letters and another number at the end of the password and bing bang boom...I was registered. Got the activation e-mail instantly, clicked it, logged in and down loaded 3 packages (Cheetah C, Cheetah D and a PC-7).

If you are having trouble registering on FS World...slow down, read the requirements for each entry and make sure your username and password meet the simple requirements.

OBIO

Tom Clayton
May 6th, 2011, 15:51
If you are having trouble registering on FS World...slow down, read the requirements for each entry and make sure your username and password meet the simple requirements.
Yep - just a slight variation on "****!" :icon_lol:

My "normal" PW is 8 digits with a mix of alpha and numerics, but no upper case.

(And for those of you thinking that I've given too much of a clue as to my PW, there's 8^36 possible combinations from that info!)

fsafranek
May 7th, 2011, 15:33
For those who enjoyed the Cheetah D, I am glad that almost 9 months of hard work, trial and error, and research paid off. The Cheetah D is my favorite machine to fly, and thanks to ex (and current) South African Air Force members and pilots, the Cheetah D is a success in my eyes.

All of the best,

Jakes
Hi Jakes. Thanks again for the Cheetah D.
Enjoying the whole package including the panel by Thinus.
:ernae:

screwbottle
May 31st, 2011, 12:04
Hi All, posting here. I am a local countryman with Johan (Jakes) and recently found and joined FSWorld. He and I are seperated in our residential towns by about 1000KM's, but we have become good online friends along with the others, and I do consider this my SIM'ing family. As you will see we are the friendly South Africans that we (collectively) are known for, and many came to discover and know during last years Soccer World games.

I can vouch with my 35 years of Electrical, Electronic and IT service (since 1976 and my own business from 2000 to present), that there is nothing wrong with the Cheetah file. And it is a superb pice of coding and creation. Those of you having malware protection flag problems with the file are getting false positives in you malware protection. You should rather be going back to your supplier/creator of your malware program, and getting them to investigate their false positives their programs are creating. Here's a fact, BitDefender and Kaspersky rated as the no 1 and 2 of all of the packages available for the last five years. I have used BitDefender and now use Kaspersky (will probably go back and use BitDefender, just because I can) and distribute both to my clients, and have had very little problems with 99% of files and attachments, mostly PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

There are a number of my countrymen, myself included, that are highly talented scenery and aircraft creators or skinners associated with this web site, who are proud of our very old and active military and civilian aviation heritage, and contribute their free time without reward or complaint. I have never had any problems or complaints about this site. Yes the password is longer and stronger than most, but is that not better, and is it such a hassle to extend your brain cells a little more (no insult intended or meant, just getting you talented people to exercise our most powerful organ). How many remember what happened to AVSIM recently.

So as a number of you have indicated and shown, give the site a try, you WILL be pleasantly surprised. We are all actively involved with the site, sharing many an experience and knowledge, real life photography of our aircraft pictures and airshows, along with many screenshots of the most popular SIM's. And any and all help, technical or otherwise is welcomed and offered.

Regards to all (Howzit Jakes)