PDA

View Full Version : Looking for copies of Michael Davies source files

OBIO
December 17th, 2010, 20:38
A couple years ago, Michael Davies released a nice selection of his source files from the old Alphasim aircraft. I downloaded them all...but lost them in a HD crash before I could archive them to CD or DVD. I was able to obtain the source files for the F-4E and F-4N...and I thought the F-8 as well but can't find it anywhere on my HDs or on my archive discs.

Would anyone here happen to have those source files on hand and be willing to send me copies of them?

I would really love to learn to use FSDS and update those older planes somewhat...at least enough to give them specular shine, maybe a bit more detail in the VC. Not an easy task given my current state of expertise with FSDS and modeling...I open the program and stare at it really hard but nothing ever happens other than I start seeing spots and my wife starts nagging at me and telling me that I need to go get glasses because I am squinting at the computer screen. I tell her that I am not squinting, I am GLARING in an effort to make FSDS do something...at which point she calls me an idiot and throws something at me...usually something large, hard and covered with sharp pointy edges.

OBIO

OBIO
December 18th, 2010, 00:55
Found a source for the files. Tom Sanford, a former CFS2 forum dweller, set up a secure library of source files. He has most of the Michael Davies' source files in his library. I sent him an e-mail asking for copies. Now all I need to do is keep an eye on my e-mail and learn to use FSDS.

OBIO

Oh, here's a link to the current source file catalog.

http://www.simviation.com/lair/files/SourceFileCatalog.pdf