PDA

View Full Version : Where Does Free Flight & MB Get Airbases Info?

Devildog73
December 17th, 2010, 13:58
I always thought that Free Flight and MB gots their airbases information from airbases.dat in INFO folder.
Yet, mine has all sorts of airbases listed that I do not have, and is missing some that I do have listed.

I delete filelist.dat, index, and *.cdp in my install. Yet, I have some issues with the airbase list.

Scratching my head.......

simonu
December 17th, 2010, 14:42
MB uses \..\info\airbases.dat

freeflight uses \..\scenedb\AFDFILES\scenery\cfs2afd.bgl and any other *afd.bgl you may have in any active scenery folder

Devildog73
December 18th, 2010, 03:45
Thanks Simonu!

It is the AFD files that is causing the mixup then. How do I get it to see new airbases that I have?
Do those necessarily have to have a bgl with AFD in the title?

Blondi
December 18th, 2010, 13:52
You did not say if you are using window Vista or window 7.If so then you have to hunt out where your "86" files hide.
Directions= C-network-computer name[example-Dons-PC]-users share-listed name[ex-Don]-make invisable files visable[orginize-folder and search oprtions-View-click to see hidden files-click apply then ok]-click apdatta-Virtual Store-program files(86)-microsoft games-Combat flight simulator 2. you are here.You may find things inside the files that are here that ae not in these same files in the regular CFS 2. also pay attention to the scenery notebook file at the bottom of the list. If you are uninstalling any scenery you must also erase the scenery info from this file as you used to from this file in the regular game file in XP.Yea, a giant pain in the rear.but to use MB in Vista, and Win 7 you have to put up with it.I put a shortcut to Virtual store where I can get to it quick when I am in MB.Have a good one, Blondi:cost1:

Devildog73
December 18th, 2010, 16:38
Got it resolved for now......