PDA

View Full Version : 9th Fighter Squadron Campaign

Worthless
December 16th, 2010, 06:51
This is for Captain Kurt or anyone else that can offer some advice. I've just completed my 1st tour with the 9th. It was a blast. I did survive. Most of my wingman did not. I shot down lots of bad guys and was promoted to the rank of Colonal. I thought I was doing pretty good, but after 26 missions I was retired. So, is that it? If I want to fly the next tour do I have no choice but to change the name of my pilot?

Finn
December 16th, 2010, 11:11
you have to start over again with a new pilot on the next tour, since Capt. Kurt could not find a way to make CFS2 accept that many missions. But if you like the name of your pilot, call him xxx2, xxx3 and xxx4 - I did, and they all survived (with only a little cheat)http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif
Finn

Rami
December 16th, 2010, 15:46
Worthless,

Thanks for offering feedback to someone who worked so hard to give us so much joy.

Worthless
December 17th, 2010, 11:44
Cool. Then I'm on to my next tour this weekend.

And Rami, I agree, I may be accused of much, but never an ingrate, I hope. I have enjoyed many hours of fun that was due to other's hard work. For that, thanks go to the everyone that knows how to build planes, ships and scenery. Lord knows it's not me.

Captain Kurt
December 17th, 2010, 20:11
Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you are enjoying it. There is a lot more in front of you.

CFS2 will cashier the player out once you have lost too many wingmen. I'm not sure what the total number is or if it is a static or relative number. The max number of missions I could ever get strung together was 83 if I remember correctly. Consequently I had to break the campaign into 4 tours of duty.

You can either use variations of your pilot's name such as initials, a nickname, etc., put an x or period in front of his name, or delete the pilot and campaign and then enter the name again with the next tour.