PDA

View Full Version : FSDREAMTEAM Christmas 2010 SALE!!

SilverBird
December 16th, 2010, 04:50
Hello just wanted to let folks know that one of the best scenery developers is having a great sale go grab your favorite scenery's. thanks to Umberto and all the team members at fsdt. :salute:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3896.0

Cesar

ryanbatc
December 16th, 2010, 07:18
Sweet, this is a perfect excuse to finally get JFK and ORD!

SilverBird
December 17th, 2010, 11:33
Sweet, this is a perfect excuse to finally get JFK and ORD!

Cool I love jfk and ord really great stuff and good fps consdiering there huge size. :wavey:

strykerpsg
December 17th, 2010, 17:13
All, while I own four of their airports, I have found after the purchase that the add on manager can potentially wreak havoc on your FSX files. If you use other add ons that are tweakable through the add on option in the tool bar, be very cautious about removing the add on manager, it can also delete your other add on drop downs.

Admittedly, they make some very nice airports, which is why I purchased them in the beginning. Just check the forums and be very careful should you decide to remove their files.

Matt

Alan_A
December 17th, 2010, 18:21
All, while I own four of their airports, I have found after the purchase that the add on manager can potentially wreak havoc on your FSX files. If you use other add ons that are tweakable through the add on option in the tool bar, be very cautious about removing the add on manager, it can also delete your other add on drop downs.

Admittedly, they make some very nice airports, which is why I purchased them in the beginning. Just check the forums and be very careful should you decide to remove their files.

Matt

Do the problems come up as a result of installing their products, or only as a result of uninstalling them?

strykerpsg
December 17th, 2010, 20:41
I have had problems with both issues. I would often get an error message exclusively with their add on manager name, went to their forum to ask for help and basically told it's not their issue. That seems to be the most common reply even though "virtuali" error message would suggest it's their add on manager.

Sample of the message looks something like this (Found almost in every product thread on their forum):http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/thomasdw/ScreenHunter_01Sep041108.jpg

Anyway, they always seem reluctant to accept responsibility that their manager is the issue, which is my heartburn with them.

Matt

Alan_A
December 17th, 2010, 21:41
I have had problems with both issues. I would often get an error message exclusively with their add on manager name, went to their forum to ask for help and basically told it's not their issue. That seems to be the most common reply even though "virtuali" error message would suggest it's their add on manager.

Sample of the message looks something like this (Found almost in every product thread on their forum):http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/thomasdw/ScreenHunter_01Sep041108.jpg

Anyway, they always seem reluctant to accept responsibility that their manager is the issue, which is my heartburn with them.

Matt

That's worrisome. I rely on the add-on menu to manage FS Force (as well as EZCA on the rare occasions when it's on my system). I'd better head over to their forums and read up before buying. Thanks for the heads-up.

SilverBird
December 18th, 2010, 10:18
I never really had any problems before the add-manger can be a pain sometimes but rarely I usually solve it by reinstalling the stand alone add-on manger. its a good Idea to always back up your dll.xml file it does that automatically, but if your on windows 7 the path should look like this remember to turn on hidden files.

C:\Users\Zealwing\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

ShawnG
December 20th, 2010, 08:20
I'm interested in getting the Xclass stuff, but the global product is listed as a CD is it downloadable as well?