December 14th, 2010, 21:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq92ZC5cYoM&feature=player_embedded

Naki
December 14th, 2010, 22:33
That's got me yearning after a certain Lotus Mig-29 :jump:

wiltzei
December 14th, 2010, 22:55
An awesome plane.

IŽll predict a few people having issues with engine smoke after the Lotus plane is released.

CodyValkyrie
December 15th, 2010, 01:14
Perhaps I am just a product of the Cold War, and maybe it is just me, and while neat, I'm just not a fan of Russian planes. Growing up I read stories about Belenko, and others who defected... and then the Gulf War, and the massive amounts of Russian equipment that was destroyed.

Don't get me wrong, I would take a flight in one if I had the chance. :jump:

BOOM
December 15th, 2010, 02:43
WOW!!! That's very cool!! not far from me in Chicago IL.If that's where this bird is based I'm gonna have to head there and see her for myself!Never saw one deploy the chute on landing,Fantastic!!!
THX for posting!

Mithrin
December 15th, 2010, 04:21
I loved the time when the first MiG's started to join the west European airshows! Nothing more fun to see a combination of F-4's and MiG-29's. Also am I the only one who misses the Floggers?

fallenphoenix1986
December 15th, 2010, 06:24
Saw a Polish one at Leuchars a few years ago, couldnt belive how much smoke they kicked out :isadizzy:

Craig

Bjoern
December 16th, 2010, 09:23
Also am I the only one who misses the Floggers?

Nope, I love 'em, too.

I would kill for seeing that Fulcrum and that Flogger from Delaware in formation.

Bone
December 16th, 2010, 10:49
The pilot was wearing a German Air Force leather flight jacket. It either came with the plane, or the guy flying it is an ex East German Mig pilot.

I know, my power of observation is impressive. (said in jest)

SkippyBing
December 16th, 2010, 11:22
or the guy flying it is an ex East German Mig pilot.

Could be West German, the unified Germany's Luftwaffe operated them for a few years.

Brian_Gladden
December 16th, 2010, 13:57
I read about the flight... The Pilot is a retired USAF pilot who spent time as an exchange pilot with the Luftwaffe and got qualified in the Mig on that duty tour.

Bomber_12th
December 16th, 2010, 15:42
Reading some various postings on other forums, it sounds like this aircraft will be quite busy over the coming years, working with U.S. defense companies. While it may make it to Oshkosh some year, it sounds like it isn't going to be an airshow attendee, as no airshow out there would be able to foot the bill to cover it.

Naismith
December 16th, 2010, 16:33
I was led to blv that the smokey engines was down to inferior fuels used by the Soviets. Clearly not the case, they are just smokey anyway.
What a great aquisition though.

Bjoern
December 17th, 2010, 07:00
Could be West German, the unified Germany's Luftwaffe operated them for a few years.

There were west german convertees, but most of the pilots came straight from the former JG-3.

*Sigh*
I want the Fulcrums back.

I was led to blv that the smokey engines was down to inferior fuels used by the Soviets.

If that was true, the rest of the world must've had inferior fuels as well since even the early western jet engines were smokey as heck. ;)